Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsecror
Hi Steve,

My apologies on late replies I've been extremely busy with new projects and relocation to another state. The transparent gateway does not take the customer off your site, instead it's sending the HTTPS POST to USA ePay (thus the customer's computer is transmitting the credit card information, not your webserver) rather than payment/payment_cc.php. I had to make significant core changes to X-Cart's payment system to get it to work but the customers do not notice anything different from when we were on Authorize.net. Also in terms of what it returns, it returns back any error codes or approval information but it does not return the type of card used.
Thanks Alan,

Much appreciated information. We will look at getting someone to integrate this for us.

Steve
product_metatags41x
shipping_per_product41x

http://www.earthsmagic.com
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi Steve,

My apologies on late replies I've been extremely busy with new projects and relocation to another state. The transparent gateway does not take the customer off your site, instead it's sending the HTTPS POST to USA ePay (thus the customer's computer is transmitting the credit card information, not your webserver) rather than payment/payment_cc.php. I had to make significant core changes to X-Cart's payment system to get it to work but the customers do not notice anything different from when we were on Authorize.net. Also in terms of what it returns, it returns back any error codes or approval information but it does not return the type of card used.

Alan,

Do you still keep all the order info within x-cart and the USAepay system updates the statuses etc? Or is there now a manual process with regards to that?

Any specific details on how you did this would be great. To date, this is the best solution I have seen or heard of.

-dpm
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 AM

Let me try to get some clarifications
I have x-cart 4.3.2 which does not run on PHP 5.3
x-payments has to be on php 5.3
Most servers do not run 5.

So now I have to patch 4.3.2, wait until x-payments is finished, change servers, and then test in less than a weeks time.

In the meantime, I am sitting on inventory because I can not get my store opened properly because x-cart has not been able to produce a viable compliant gateway in a timely manner.

What a cluster F**k
Old 06-24-2010, 07:01 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm
Alan,

Do you still keep all the order info within x-cart and the USAepay system updates the statuses etc? Or is there now a manual process with regards to that?

Any specific details on how you did this would be great. To date, this is the best solution I have seen or heard of.

-dpm

We manage all the orders for fulfilment via Order Manager and an internally designed PO System (the one from StoneEdge is extremely poor for multi-distribution center cross docking) and the rest is done via the USA ePay Virtual Terminal (until StoneEdge gets their PA-DSS in order). So pretty much the order in X-Cart is not touched once the customer places it and it's imported from Order Manager, we don't sync update status or tracking numbers to X-Cart given we handle transaction followups through other means.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
We manage all the orders for fulfilment via Order Manager and an internally designed PO System (the one from StoneEdge is extremely poor for multi-distribution center cross docking) and the rest is done via the USA ePay Virtual Terminal (until StoneEdge gets their PA-DSS in order). So pretty much the order in X-Cart is not touched once the customer places it and it's imported from Order Manager, we don't sync update status or tracking numbers to X-Cart given we handle transaction followups through other means.

Thanks Alan!

Would you mind if I picked your brain a little more regarding the "significant changes" made to x-cart. If so, please PM me your contact information. I know you are extremely busy, but I'd be willing to pay you to see how you implemented this seamlessly.

-dpm
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Advanced Member

Angry Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Quote:
We manage all the orders for fulfilment via Order Manager and an internally designed PO System (the one from StoneEdge is extremely poor for multi-distribution center cross docking) and the rest is done via the USA ePay Virtual Terminal (until StoneEdge gets their PA-DSS in order).

I'm not totally following your process here. Your customer clicks checkout and then they enter the credit card information on your page right? If so that mechanism needs to be certified from what I can see. I spoke with our processor (Beanstream) who said if your page accepts the card# then that mechanism must be PA-DSS certified.

I looked at USA Epay's site and they seem to have a similar API but I'm told if it's an API you need certification.

At this rate I'm going to be flipping all my payments through regular Paypal. With 4 business days left we don't have a certified gateway. It wouldn't be such a panic for me but this whole php5.3 requirement has me very worried. I'm having to set up a test server, and see what is going to break under 5.3 - I know some of my apps/modules are zend encoded which doesn't work under 5.3

Is there a smiley on here for screaming?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Veteran

Fins, most servers do indeed run php5, and x-cart 4.1.x and up will run fine on php 5. Shouldn't be an issue.

The following user thanks balinor for this useful post:
ambal (06-25-2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 12:21 AM

X-Cart team

@FinsReef

> I have x-cart 4.3.2 which does not run on PHP 5.3

X-Cart 4.3.x DOES run on PHP 5.3.

See http://www.x-cart.com/cart_system_requirements.html
Quote:
4. PHP
Required:
PHP 4.3 or above (5.3 is supported either) ...
X-Payments product manager
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 AM

Hey guys. Just wanna to see what is your backup plan on 7/1 in case x-payment will not release on time?

Thank you for share
Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Everyone,

I just want to inform you about current status:

QSA rep said no new issues found, they are sending the report to the PCI council within a week (well, they were supposed to do it 2-3 weeks ago or earlier even, not sure why they are so slow - may be overloaded?). So X-Payments beta5 you can download now is going to be the official version of X-Payments.

> Just wanna to see what is your backup plan on 7/1 in case x-payment
> will not release on time?

I want you to understand that the World won't end on July the 1st 2010. The end of the World is scheduled for December 2012.

What I mean is:
1) Payment gateways won't stop processing payments on July the 1st 2010,
2) X-Carts won't stop working on July the 1st 2010.
3) Merchants who have credit cards entered on their web-site pages may have some difficulties when doing next SAQ if they don't have PCI-DSS compliance before that moment, not before July the 1st 2010.
4) Also, merchants may experience difficulties with getting a new merchant account after July the 1st 2010 if they do not have PCI-DSS compliance before signing up for a new merchant account.

Alex
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 06-25-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements