Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Main Categories as a drop down list

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 AM

Hello
I think if you go to MODULE SETTINGS/manufacturer list limit in the admin area you can increase the limit from 10 to whatever number you want.
Regards Adam
Apache/1.3.33
Perl 5.008004
Adam
Adelaide South Australia
Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 AM

Advanced Member

Yes mrbiggles you are right . That was simple enough.
That should of hit me. It's amazing how something so simple can slip by.

THANK YOU THANK YOU.

X-cart 4.0.7 [unix]
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles
Hello
I think if you go to MODULE SETTINGS/manufacturer list limit in the admin area you can increase the limit from 10 to whatever number you want.
Regards Adam

Nice to finally find this answer!!!

_now setting it to a really high number_

here is my version of the Drop Down Menu for Manufacturers:

Code:
{* $Id: menu_manufacturers.tpl,v 1.4 2004/06/22 05:38:52 max Exp $ *} {if $manufacturers_menu ne ''} {capture name=menu} <FORM NAME="formManufacturer"> <SELECT NAME="listManufacturer" onchange="window.location=this.options[selectedIndex].value"> <OPTION VALUE="">- select -</OPTION> {section name=mid loop=$manufacturers_menu} <OPTION VALUE="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid={$manufacturers_menu[mid].manufacturerid}"><font class="VertMenuItems">{$manufacturers_menu[mid].manufacturer}</font></OPTION> {/section} </SELECT> </FORM> {if $show_other_manufacturers} {$lng.lbl_other_manufacturers} {/if} {/capture} {include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_manufacturers menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu} {/if}

Under v4.0.12... goto: Web Admin -> Modules -> General Settings -> Modules Options... then edit value for "Manufacturers list limit" to something high obsurd like 250.

Doing so will allow a complete list of Manufacturers to be shown.
If you go over this "Manufacturer List Limit" value... then the "Other Manufacturers" link will show up... just up the "Manufacturers list limit" value higher again!

Marko
Rewards Points
Heavily modified back end
Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 AM

Hello:

This is the most useful topic! I have another twist to this drop down menu business:

I need a drop drown menu for the subcategories of just one of my categories: Number 5. In on sentence, the form will have all the subcategories of category 5 as options.

How would I code this?
Old 05-28-2005, 06:24 AM

Advanced Member

This code is great.
Thanks to all the contributors.

www.uruexpress.com
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Moving dropdown box into manufacturers box

I have applied the above code to create a drop down box for manufacturers. However, I cannot seem to get the dropdown box to move inside the menu box with label Manufacturers, and to be the same width as the box. Can anyone please help me with achieving this? I have searched and searched with no results. I created a file called manufacturers.tpl and called this in customer/home.tpl as below.
Code:
<TD width="150" valign="top"> {if $categories ne "" and ($active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne "" or $config.General.root_categories eq "Y" or $subcategories ne "")} { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Manufacturers ne "" and $config.Modules.manufacturers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="customer/manufacturers.tpl" } {/if}
this is just a portion of it as its quite long. If anyone could please help me it would really appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Moving dropdown box into manufacturers box

I have applied the above code to create a drop down box for manufacturers. However, I cannot seem to get the dropdown box to move inside the menu box with label Manufacturers, and to be the same width as the box. Can anyone please help me with achieving this? I have searched and searched with no results. I created a file called manufacturers.tpl and called this in customer/home.tpl as below.
Code:
<TD width="150" valign="top"> {if $categories ne "" and ($active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne "" or $config.General.root_categories eq "Y" or $subcategories ne "")} { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Manufacturers ne "" and $config.Modules.manufacturers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="customer/manufacturers.tpl" } {/if}
this is just a portion of it as its quite long. If anyone could please help me it would really appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Is there anyway to make the first MENU item on the dropdown menus not clickable?

and does anyone know why when the pages load the categories menu jumps up one place?

thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 03:07 PM

I love this mod.

One problem. I did the manufacturers and catagories but the catagories verticle box got wider by about 20 pixels. How do I adjust it back down to normal?
php version PHP 4.3.11
Old 06-14-2005, 01:56 PM

eXpert

style="width:70%"
or
style="width:120px"
Add or modify this in the <select> tag
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions