Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO creating strange links

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Default CDSEO creating strange links

Hi. I've already created a ticket on the Websitecm site for this and I'm still waiting for a response. I thought I'd post my issue here as well in case anyone has any ideas.

CDSEO seems to be holding on to the path of the previous click. The first click works fine but after that it goes bad. For example:

first click: www.mywebsite.com/category/product/item1.html - works fine

second click: www.mywebsite.com/category/product/category/product/item2.html - kablooy!

Also, customers can't add anything to their cart bcz it will try to find cart.php inside of the products folder: www.mywebsite.com/products/cart.php and naturally I get a 404 error.

BTW, I've already changed $REQUEST_URI to $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] in case someone wants to suggest that.

I had to disable CDSEO bcz of these issues so you won't be able to see these issues in all their glory. Can someone help please. Gracias.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM

Veteran

Default Re: CDSEO creating strange links

Moving this to Third Party Add-Ons
Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 AM

X-Guru

Your base href tag is probably missing in your skin1/customer/home.tpl file as per step 6 of the installation instructions.

If your support ticket hasn't already been addressed it should be shortly.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 AM

Thank you for your reply Jon. Turns out that I had done the installation correctly. What I had failed to realize, was that I had previously turned off the variable in Smarty_class.php that allowed for cache checking. I did this to make the site faster, which it does. But when changes are made to templates, they're ignored. I reset that and now all is cool. Thanks again.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 AM

X-Guru

Hi Jorge,

Makes sense. FYI, rather than resetting the variable in Smarty_class.php you can just run a cache cleanup by visiting http://www.patriapet.com/cleanup.php

Jon
Old 12-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Hi Jon. I see what you're saying. But the variable that I changed was '$compile_check' which allows or disallows Smarty from doing a recompile check. It's not meant for cleanup. Since I has not allowing recomplile, the modified templates were not being processed or seen. . Everything looks great so far. Thanks again for your help
Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM

X-Guru

Yes I understand the use of $compile_check setting to false and do the same on my site. By running cleanup.php you delete all cached files and force the recompiling of the templates regardless of the $compile_check setting - just a little easier than modifying the smarty.class.php variables.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:27 PM

I see. OK I'll do that instead.

Now I have another issue that cropped up only after I installed CDSEO. It seems that I can't update any of my existing products or add any new ones. Naturarally this is a major problem. I went back to make sure I updated the product_modify.php page correctly. All seems correct.

One thing that I notice is that there is no 'provider'. I went into the db and looked at the products table. The provider used to be 'master'. Flashback: Before purchasing your mod I followed the advice on your website in the tutorials section. The section on security said to delete the 'master' user and create a different admin user. So I did. So now the provider does not exist for my products. I went in and manually changed the provider name to the one I created. Now it appears in the provider field of the product_modify.php page but the product still cannot be modified.

I keep getting this message:
Please make sure you have filled in properly all required fields!

Would you have any ideas? Please??

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:32 AM

Jon, my apologies. Please disregard the last post. Turns out I hadn't uploaded my product_details.php page. I hope that next time I "cry wolf" you'll still take me seriously . Hava a happy holiday.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4