Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Push xcart inventory to Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber, Froogle, and more

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Advanced Member

Default Push xcart inventory to Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber, Froogle, and more

Hey,

I want to be able to sell my client's inventory on Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber, Froogle, and more.

Any of you used the following addons with any success:
Amazon zshops x-cart export feed
http://www.2tcwebs.com/store/product.php?cat=8&page=1&productid=137

X-Cart ebay add on module
http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/X-cart-Ebay-add-on-module-pid-20.html

Auction manager for x-cart
http://www.safetynetweb.com/Auction-Manager-for-XCART-pr-5.html

If you have another software to recommend please feel free. Or any general ideas.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Push xcart inventory to Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber, Froogle, and more

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:32 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Push xcart inventory to Ebay, Amazon, Pricegrabber, Froogle, and more

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences to share?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM

Advanced Member

for Ebay, i'm interested in doing the same thing, i purchased the auction manager, but the auction manager module doesn't synch with the inventory , unless there's some way to use x-cart checkout instead of the ebay checkout that's used when someone is the winner of your auction on ebay
Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 AM

X-Adept

Hi,

I have used SafetyNetWeb eBay Auction Manager with great success. I love the mod and even though it does not combine products from x-cart with eBay products at the check-out it does control inventory. If you list the item on eBay and is sold, it shows as such and does not return it to inventory. If the listing ends without a sale, then it returns it to your x-cart store inventory.

You can see all active, ended, sold and unsold listings right in x-cart admin.

Upload your own template and use the XC description and images.

Create a page (or pages) on your site that blends seamlessly with the site style and display all the products listed on eBay

Is there room for improvement? yes, there is, but it is the best software of it's kind, there is nothing else like it. John Heath is a great guy to work with too. I am pretty sure he will redesign the software without the call home feature. I am really looking forward to that.

Not affiliated in any way, it is a wonderful mod and essential if you sell on eBay and have an x-cart!
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM

X-Adept

Hi Acquamarina,

I'm just starting to look into listing products on ebay but finding info on this is difficult...

Can you tell me,

Does this module allow for a user to find your products on Ebay and then get transferred to your store to complete payment? Or are these types of modules completely separate?

I'm astonished by the commissions that ebay takes, but if the trade off is increased traffic to your main shop then I'd be all for it.

Is anyone out there using ebay primarily for the purpose of driving more traffic to their main store? If so, can you give some tips on how you're doing it?

X-Cart Version 4.1.10
Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 AM

X-Adept

Hi,

Well, it's not that simple anymore with eBay. The mod is great and getting better. makes it very easy to move inventory from the site to eBay. It keeps inventory, tracks all active items on eBay and ended ones too. It is the best of the 2 mods available in my opinion as it actually launches the item for you, it doesn't just create the template. Removes the product from store inventory and when the listing is ended if not sold, returns it to inventory automatically.You can have the product options added or not. For the new eBay, this will make even more sense.

As for the checkout portion, it does not have that ability to take the customer back to your site. It won't matter anyway as pretty soon all third party check-outs will be banned by eBay., if they proceed with their plans. You have to use the eBay check out now, and that's how is going to be for everyone, if eBay proceeds with their plans.

You have to be savvy to use eBay to increase traffic to your site. You can no longer have any links on eBay to any site outside, including the traditional link to your site which used to be allowed on the "About Me" page.

The other change they are making is to hide emails. I am not sure how that will work yet, as they have only mentioned it and not given much detail.

You can still figure out how to promote your site to your eBay Buyers. Add a card, coupon or other promotional material to the package.

Have you sold on any other venue? Amazon? Ebay fees are high, but only if your conversion is high. Listing fees have dropped and there is no more gallery fee.

For anyone interested in selling or already established on eBay I highly recommend viewing the webinars by ChanelAdvisor.. You will find them at this url http://www.channeladvisor.com/webinars/recorded.asp
Particularly interesting in this case are the "Understanding eBay Changes" 1 & 2

eBay plus PayPal commissions are totaling less than 15% which is what a sales rep would take, High, but not out of range. And you pay more only when you actually sell, as opposed to PPC campaigns.

All in all, if you have an x-cart and want to sell on eBay John's mod is the one, in my humble opinion. It is getting better all the time.

Any other questions, just let me know.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Advanced Member

Try eSellerPro or M.O.M (Mail order manager)

X-Cart version 4.0.19 Gold

Mods installed:
CDSEO
Tab Product Menu
Easy Checkout
Froogle Feed
Shopping.com Feed
Remember Me
Pleasent Payment Details
Recently Viewed Products
Google Checkout
TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator