Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Anyone here using an amazon seller account?

X-Cart forums > General > General talk

Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 AM

eXpert

Default Anyone here using an amazon seller account?

Does anyone here use an amazon seller account? I am gettign tired of the way Amazon run their support.

My cliets all have 2 Factor authentication enabled as requested by amazon, but still get their accounts hijacked. The only way I can see this ever happening is an inside job.

Just wanting to get an idea if anyone else is also having the same issue with Amazon?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Anyone here using an amazon seller account?

if they have 2FA on their account, then they are probably leaving thier unlocked phone on thier desk or leaving the app going and showing on the phone screen. I have 2 people on our amazon account and we both have 2FA enabled. never had an issue.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:43 AM

eXpert

I think this is definately an Amazon issue or inside job.

We have two users on the account and both with 2FA. The company is very small and only myself the developer and the business owner have access via our phones authentication.

Two weeks a go we received an email from amazon saying our email address on the seller account has changed. Within the hour we started getting orders for products we did not sell. Like tech gear at cheap prices. We reported it to Amazon, who blocked the account and passed the account through to cleansing department. this is where they do some investigation and remove all the bank details etc and try to put the account back to perious state.

However, the cleansing department is uncontactable. The telephone support are not allowed to talk to them. All they can do is update the ticket and you just have to wait. So we have been waiting two weeks now to get access to our account. During this time orders are coming in for our products but we cannot login to ship them.

We have had this happen two times now. So was thinking it is definitely an inside job as we keep security tight at our end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougrun
if they have 2FA on their account, then they are probably leaving thier unlocked phone on thier desk or leaving the app going and showing on the phone screen. I have 2 people on our amazon account and we both have 2FA enabled. never had an issue.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 PM

X-Adept

have scanned all PC's for malware that might be logging your keystrokes?
   X-Cart forums > General > General talk