Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.1.9 changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: 4.1.9 changelog

People using Excel to import UTF-8 file are going to have problems. The same import that worked in 4.18 may not work in 4.19. For example, category names must be quoted with double quote in category import in some situation. Some text are skipped in some other UTF-8 imports, adding double quote fix the problem.

HTML Form post to x-cart using script does not work anymore. For security reason, 4.19 checks x-cart created form-id to make sure it is posted from a x-cart form. I just make that function in backoffice.php to always return true to bypass check. I did everything in VM, upload the whole site/db after I am done. One probably will want to keep form-id check in the live site.

HTML Form import using script also need to be changed, 4.19 has added an upload file location form field, and maybe some other changes.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:12 AM

eXpert

For some reason, this seemed like a tougher than normal upgrade. My only hope is that the cart remains stable.
A few things I noticed that I thought would be beneficial to point out.

After upgrading, the Web Tools User ID cleared out. (under General>Shipping options )
I tried this upgrade 3 times in a test directory with the same result, so you might want to make sure that if you use USPS for shipping, you have your ID to put back in there. My shop came up with no available shipping methods without this.

Another thing that I noticed, is that when generating the HTML catalog, the process nearly brings the store on the customer side to a halt. It takes nearly 30-40 seconds to change a page on the customer side while the HTML catalog is being generated - I did this with the option of only creating 100 pages at a time to see if that would help)

Also, I noticed a substantial decrease in speed once entering into the checkout mode. Clicking add to cart, checkout and submit order are the areas that it was noticed.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixa59
Speed issues
Site was very slow after the upgrade. Xcart has made some adjustments and this is back to normal.

I am seeing this same issue with my test upgrade store. Would you be so kind and share what was done by X-cart to ressolve this speed issue?

Thanks
-Tuan
Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 AM

X-Adept

It sounds like xcart is having quite a few problems with this upgrade and they have been busy fixing quite a few cart with slight modification, Wonder if there doing this for free, or carging everyone the time.

This has to be the worst upgrade of all. bugs, speed issues and mysql upgrade problems.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 10-24-2007, 09:27 AM

X-Adept

Has anyone else experience "speed issue" after upgrading to the new 4.1.9 release? It seems like the overal responsiveness of the 4.1.9 store isn't as fast as the previous version. In my 4.1.9 test store, the first intial click to a new category or particular product/item take about 5-10 seconds. After that, it would it back to normal (within 1-2 seconds). It does sound like a "caching" issue, but my gut feeling doesn't think so. Hopefully it is just a minor code change somewhere that can be easily fixed.

Can someone from X-cart jump in and let us know if this is an isolated incidient or other customers also having the same issue as well? And any recommendations on how to ressolve/troubleshooting this?

Thank you
-Tuan
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL408
Can someone from X-cart jump in and let us know if this is an isolated incidient or other customers also having the same issue as well? And any recommendations on how to ressolve/troubleshooting this?

It looks to be several isolated incidents caused by different reasons as we do not have considerable amount of such reports from our clients. There were no changes between 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 which can slow down X-Cart.

You can measure and compare performance of your X-Cart if you follow the advice posted into these forums by Ene: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=182752&postcount=10

Also, feel free to contact our techs anytime using your HelpDesk account. They will be glad to help you.
X-Payments product manager
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
It looks to be several isolated incidents caused by different reasons as we do not have considerable amount of such reports from our clients. There were no changes between 4.1.8 and 4.1.9 which can slow down X-Cart.

You can measure and compare performance of your X-Cart if you follow the advice posted into these forums by Ene: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=182752&postcount=10

Also, feel free to contact our techs anytime using your HelpDesk account. They will be glad to help you.

Thank you for the reply, Ambal. That is what we needed to know. I follow your advice above and have things further tested. Thank you again!

-Tuan
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 AM

eXpert

Whether this has any impact or not, I thought I would at least share it in case it would help.
I noted in an earlier post in this thread that the speed of the 4.1.9 version seemed slower. After upgrading and installing in test directories, I noticed there was a warning about not having MCRYPT installed. I had never been prompted for that before during the upgrades, but got the error while testing a virgin install of the 4.1.9 branch. I have a dedicated server, but was reluctant to install this, but figured I might as well try it. Whether it was coincidental or not, the speed picked up dramatically.
I would like to hear some input back from someone who knows servers well enough to comment whether this is something that people with a noticeable slowdown should ask their hosts/ or install on their servers, or not.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM

X-Adept

[ After upgrading and installing in test directories, I noticed there was a warning about not having MCRYPT installed. I had never been prompted for that before during the upgrades, but got the error while testing a virgin install of the 4.1.9 branch.]

Where did you see this warning
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 10-25-2007, 04:40 PM

eXpert

That warning came only when I was doing a test run with a virgin copy of 4.1.9 - I wanted to find out if my 4.1.8 was all messed up and if the fresh install worked better than the upgraded install. I did not get the warning when doing the upgrade, only the fresh install, which was kind of strange I thought
I think the warning was either on the database /username entry page, or the next page after that.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements