Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

you have to run the sql install again for the cloud feature to work!
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc5382
Even better!!!! This works great and shows category results that match the search string.

If you have CDSEO, change the following in smart_search.tpl to use cdseo links vs. categoryids:

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="home.php?cat={$related_categories[rc].categoryid}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

to

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="{$cdseo_cat}/{$related_categories[rc].cdseo_url}/" title="{$related_categories[rc].category|escape:"html"}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

A+, best mod out there!

I am having trouble finding this code...Actually, my version is not finding related categories. Can I just plug this code into the tpl file?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM

eXpert

Oh, and Bill is f*ckin awesome. Both the Smart Search and Buy Together mods have changed my site for the better. I am ecstatic with the product and support!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
I am having trouble finding this code...Actually, my version is not finding related categories. Can I just plug this code into the tpl file?

make sure you run the sql setup again that comes with the latest install package
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc5382
Even better!!!! This works great and shows category results that match the search string.

If you have CDSEO, change the following in smart_search.tpl to use cdseo links vs. categoryids:

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="home.php?cat={$related_categories[rc].categoryid}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

to

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="{$cdseo_cat}/{$related_categories[rc].cdseo_url}/" title="{$related_categories[rc].category|escape:"html"}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

A+, best mod out there!

I have CDSEO installed and did this little modification, but the search result links still show productid links instead of the CDSEO link...
Has anyone else gotten this to work correctly? And yes, I did run the DB rebuild thing after changing and uploading this file (and template cache cleaning)

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 PM

WOW.... that's all I can say.... WOW! I have always hated the stock search function. This is hands-down the best and most helpful mod I have ever implemented. The speed knocked my socks off and the versatility is top notch. I think you may have thought of everything on this one. Thank you thank you thank you for SmartSearch!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:48 AM

One of our customers has several products with 'rasp' in the title. The problem is xcart is bringing search results back with 'grasping' in the product title. The problem is 'grasping' is sometimes placed above 'rasp' in the results returned. Will this mod fix this?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrooke
One of our customers has several products with 'rasp' in the title. The problem is xcart is bringing search results back with 'grasping' in the product title. The problem is 'grasping' is sometimes placed above 'rasp' in the results returned. Will this mod fix this?

Yes.

The default X-Cart search uses pattern matching and doesn't look at words. Basically if the combination of the letters 'rasp' is found anywhere it is a match (even if it is the middle of a word). The standard X-Cart search doesn't search by relevancy either, so the closest match is not at the top of the results.

The Smart Search uses a natural language search, sorting by relevance, and will NOT return 'grasping' if 'rasp' is search for. (Unless there are no matches for rasp, then a partial word match is used as a last resort).

Also, the products with the word 'rasp' in the title will be at the top of the results, followed by the products that include 'rasp' In the description and sorted by frequency (A product that has the word 'rasp' 5 times will be above a product that has the word 3 times.)
Old 08-21-2007, 12:39 AM

I have found this mod to be a huge !!! improvement over the stock x-cart search function, one question though ...

Should the feature comparison checkbox be available in the search results for products with a class assigned. I have integrated smart search with a copy of my products.tpl template and although the feature copmparison code is in the smart_search_products.tpl it does not display in the search ?

Something I've missed ?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:05 PM

eXpert

Bill,

You mentioned there would be an update in the future to address a few items, including extra field search - any update?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4