Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-01-2007, 08:06 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

This mod is absolutely the best thing to hit XCart! We have about 1500 products, and after a small MySQL bug was squashed by the developers we are rocking.

I encourage everyone to get this search engine for the site!

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

I've tried the demo out, and everything seems to work great. The one issue I see, and I realize this may not be an issue for very many of you, is that it doesn't seem to search for categories or use the categories even as keywords for the products that are listed within them.

For example: Using the demo and searching for toys brings up nothing, even though there are toys in the store listed under the path Games & Toys > Toys.

It would be great if it listed the items under this category, and even better if it listed the category itself as an option. I'm not sure if there is a technical hurdle in doing this (I'm a noob - maybe it's even an option in the mod?) but it would be an important feature for me (and perhaps a few others)... any chance of seeing this addition?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:57 AM

X-Adept

This mod works great!! Highly recommend for any store with a large number of items. Finally customers can find what they want

Bill was very helpful and updated the latest version so that the database rebuild can be cron'd.
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
The one issue I see, and I realize this may not be an issue for very many of you, is that it doesn't seem to search for categories or use the categories even as keywords for the products that are listed within them.

... any chance of seeing this addition?

Good Suggestion. The Smart Search now includes a Related Categories feature that displays the categories that match a search term.

Additionally, a tag cloud was added to display the top 60 words of the search results product descriptions.

Last edited by qualiteam : 10-12-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 AM

X-Adept

Even better!!!! This works great and shows category results that match the search string.

If you have CDSEO, change the following in smart_search.tpl to use cdseo links vs. categoryids:

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="home.php?cat={$related_categories[rc].categoryid}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

to

Code:
{section name=rc loop=$related_categories} <li> <a href="{$cdseo_cat}/{$related_categories[rc].cdseo_url}/" title="{$related_categories[rc].category|escape:"html"}">{$related_categories[rc].category}</a> </li> {/section}

A+, best mod out there!
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]

Last edited by qualiteam : 10-12-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 AM

X-Adept

This is a incredible mod which is a-must-have for every store!
Implementing it is easy with the included instructions and furthermore, Bill replies fast if you have any questions.

Highly recommended for stores which don't want to lose customers because they can't find anything!

Jerrad
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
Good Suggestion. The Smart Search now includes a Related Categories feature that displays the categories that match a search term.

Additionally, a tag cloud was added to display the top 60 words of the search results product descriptions. These can both be seen on the live demo:

http://www.alteredcart.com/demo/_search.php

Wow... I thought it was good before, but now you're telling me that you actually listened to my feedback and improved the mod within a week? Simply awesome.

Thank you for the great mod - I'll be buying it soon!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 AM

eXpert

Has anyone customized/templated this to match their site yet? Just wondering if I can see it and hear your thoughts on how easy (or difficult) the process was...

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
Has anyone customized/templated this to match their site yet? Just wondering if I can see it and hear your thoughts on how easy (or difficult) the process was...

Thanks!

Sure, it's easy (and documented) how to take your existing template file (products_t.tpl) and modify it for Smart Search. You have to add 3 blocks of code. It's well documented in the install instructions.
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 PM

X-Adept

After incorrectly implementing the upgrade to the newest version, I have it back working wonderfully now! I must say that I am absolutely amazed and how good this code is. It is truly an absolute joy!

Well done Bill!

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4