Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

xcart 5 No Tracking Numbers for Orders

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 03-18-2014, 12:43 PM

Default xcart 5 No Tracking Numbers for Orders

I've been a xcart user since 2005, I've never had to make a post on this forum. This will be my 7th post in 4 days. I feel like a beta tester for x-cart 5.0.12. I'm just about to go back to my old site...

Here's my current issue; Am I missing something I do not seems to be able to put in tracking information in for my orders? If that's the case, I will get hundreds of emails asking for the tracking numbers. Where do I put the tracking information for an order?

Thank you for your help and attention.
www.MagicKits.com
X-cart 5.0.12
Old 03-20-2014, 05:55 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: xcart 5 No Tracking Numbers for Orders

Hi Luis!

I am really sorry that X-Cart 5 does not quite meet your needs in terms of functionality. I will do my best to help you with this issue.

Yes, indeed, Tracking numbers is not included into default X-Cart 5 and if we will be happy to consider them for future releases if you upvote it here:
http://ideas.x-cart.com/forums/229428-x-cart-5-ideas/suggestions/4860334-tracking-number-field

Besides that, even without official release of this feature, I will be glad to help you write a mod that implements the essential part of this functionality. If you are OK with that, please let me know and we will discuss what can be done.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:05 AM

Thank you very much for your continued help. I have purchased the "#25 SaleStore (with Xmas) template" for xacrt and it's scheduled to be install between March 21 and April 4. Can we create a mod now or should we wait until after the install? Well mods be compatible with all versions of xcart 5? If so, tell me what you need from me and I'll get on it.

Thank you,
www.MagicKits.com
X-cart 5.0.12
Old 03-20-2014, 07:32 PM

Veteran

Tony actually the ability to enter shipping tracking number for orders (and actually multiple tracking numbers) should not be based on the ideas votes, this is mandatory for any store selling and shipping physical goods. This must be included in stock XC no questions asked. The store sends notifications to customers, there is an invoice (receipt), order history, etc. If I am a customer I have to have the tracking number either in my orders history or emailed to me when order ships.
You have to include this in 5.0.13 and not look at the ideas site....
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM

I completely agree with Steve Stoyanov. I like the idea of modules but I can see this "module" thing is going to get out of hand very quickly. A module to remove "powered by"? If I pay $500 for xcrat shouldn't I have the option of not advertising to the world how they can "one up" me and do it themselves? I would prefer a simple check box or a discount to advertise for xcart (or just charge me more).

A module to remove "categories" from being displayed twice on the home page...really, twice?

Now a module to put tracking numbers on my customers' orders? This is not even something I thought would be an issue on the new system, I thought everyone did that. I figured it was industry standard.

Ugh.
www.MagicKits.com
X-cart 5.0.12
Old 05-08-2014, 04:55 AM

X-Cart team

Sorry guys for late reply. As all of you know, tracking numbers will be included into 5.1.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)