Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Considering Download

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 10-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Default Considering Download

I've been looking for a shopping cart solution for PayPal payments. Y'all were highly recommended. I'd like the free version for a few months while I build my site. Once processing, if I like it, I'll buy it. My other payment processors do their own stuff.

I click on FREE but my options are a 14-day trial, buy or buy. If I go free, can I try longer than two weeks without payment? I need to test almost daily as I build my site.

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: Considering Download

Hello! Looks like a slight misunderstanding has occurred. We are offering two options to test X-Cart:

1) The 14-day trial of any commercial package in our test environment, that, I guess, you are looking at.

2) The 30-day trial of the Business package that you can install on your own server, provided that it meets the system requirements.
And once the installation is complete, you will have the option to activate the Free license and use it for as long as you need. If down the road you like the platform and decide to upgrade to the Business package, you will just need to purchase the respective package, activate the license key in the admin backend of your store and install those extra modules, that are added in the Business package, from the built-in marketplace. All you data and settings will stay intact.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:17 PM

Thank you
Old 10-14-2017, 03:18 PM

Hm, only part of my post came through

Thank you . So I can try it for fourteen days, and if I like it, the license to use it us free with no costs. To upgrade to Business, there is a fee.

Without checking, can I download the free trial to my iPad and install, or must I use Windows? I have to reset my password and haven't grabbed a flash drive yet. I'm stuck on iPad tonight.

I'll try again to download on my iPad. If not, then it's time to reset the password.

Thank you again
Old 10-16-2017, 05:18 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

I'm afraid your iPad or even your desktop most likely won't do the trick here.

X-Cart is a server application so it needs to be installed in a server environment (at least a virtual one) meeting the following requirements: http://kb.x-cart.com/en/general_setup/installation_guide.html#server-requirements

And speaking about operating systems, if you can arrange a Linux-based environment, go with it. It will be much easier to configure and maintain than Windows.

As for the upgrade from Free to Business, the fee would be $495 https://www.x-cart.com/software_pricing.html

And just to make sure that we are on the same page, the package that you download from our website gives you the 30-day trial of the Business package. So you will be testing the features of the Business package. At any time during the trial you will have the option to activate the Free license, which will deactivate the modules added in the Business package and remove respective features. Thus if you wish to use the Free package I would recommend you to activate the Free license right after the installation is complete.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:51 PM

Thank you. I meant I'd install on my server account but I'd access from iPad. I'm still new to iPad and always wonder if I can connect! I know it's a different OS vs iOS, but that amnesia kicks in ...

Braintree Payments recommends you, too, so I'll download and install at my host. I just need the link for the free trial, which I then activate a free license for, and eventually can upgrade to Business.

I laughed when Braintree emailed and recommended you. It's a sign from above that we're meant to get together!
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project