Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Firefox 11

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Firefox 11

I came across this today hope this is the right place to post this. Looks like it has all the bells and whistle's. Any input as to why we should upgrade to this version. Also what do they mean "not recommended for drummers" hope that is not a stupid Q's, is drummers literal?
Thanks

Mozilla has released Firefox 11, adding some new developer tools, support for the SPDY protocol and the ability to sync your add-ons between computers.

This release is not recommended for drummers, but everyone else can grab Firefox 11 from the official Firefox download page, or you can just wait for the automated update system to work its magic.

The big news in this release is the new add-on syncing tool. Firefox Sync has long handled syncing bookmarks, preferences, passwords, history and open tabs across computers, but until now syncing add-ons was an entirely manual process. Add-on syncing has been a feature request for Firefox Sync pretty much since syncing was announced in 2010, but until to day it wasn▓t available.

Firefox 11 also has some new features for web developers, including the Tilt 3-D code inspector. Derived from the Tilt plug-in, the 3-D code inspector is a WebGL-based visualization of the page▓s DOM and HTML structure. When you select ⌠inspect element■ Firefox will bring up a breadcrumb-style menu bar at the bottom of the page. In Firefox 11 you▓ll find that a new button ⌠3D■ has joined the HTML and Style buttons in the page inspector menu bar.

More

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Firefox 11

Ooh, this looks cool. I'm pretty sure that the remark about drummers is a joke. People in the music industry sometimes like to joke that drummers are somehow sub-human or less than intelligent. I've known some drummers that fit that profile, and some that are smarter than me.

About whether or not to upgrade, I think anyone involved in website development or ownership should always have the latest versions of browsers and operating system on their main pc, and keep an older pc with old browsers around for testing.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
bibi (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Hi totaltec,

Oh i was so confused about the drummer bit, I didn't think i was that dumb but i have upgraded my Firefox.
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Ooh, this looks cool. I'm pretty sure that the remark about drummers is a joke. People in the music industry sometimes like to joke that drummers are somehow sub-human or less than intelligent. I've known some drummers that fit that profile, and some that are smarter than me.

About whether or not to upgrade, I think anyone involved in website development or ownership should always have the latest versions of browsers and operating system on their main pc, and keep an older pc with old browsers around for testing.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Hi totaltec,

i installed the new Firefox and now my header is missing, it is completely grey.i will send a note to Phil not that the chrome problem has been solved either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design