Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Contact US - reCAPTCHA - not working

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 12-17-2018, 10:18 AM

Advanced Member

Default Contact US - reCAPTCHA - not working

hi- the Contact US - reCAPTCHA - not working

The link on the contact us page also for secret keys - also not working
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create

causes a 404 error

Older previously working contact us pages - not working

Latest updates not working - representing over 30 installs

Now getting hit with all kinds of spams - mainly russian - this software is russian - getting that type of spam concerns me - the fact that the contact us page does not work securely concerns me. The fact that I had made several updates and the link to secret keys still is not correct - even after I have brought this up several months ago - further concerns me.

Who is driving this bus - I dont want spam- can someone fix this simple addon and do no ask for access to my hosting account - its not the problem.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:42 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Contact US - reCAPTCHA - not working

The reCAPTCHA module, when used on the Contact Us page, works perfectly for us and always has done. It's possibly a little out of date now (V2 when v3 is the most current release) so this might explain why the link url provided within XC5, gives a 404 error (see below for a link that does work) but V2 still has a very high, common use figure outside XC anyway...

Having said that We think the default XC5 "Contact Us' page (not the reCAPTCHA module itself) is very poor and we covered this is detail, a long time ago now HERE

Your signature says XC 5.1.10 is that still correct? It seems at odds with the 'latest updates' you mention in your post, unless they refer to reCAPTCHA data updates
That question ^^ is because there's more serious issues than various reCAPTCHA errors, in those older XC5 releases

FWIW This url link does work (currently) https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list You can either modify and/or add new reCAPTCHA installations c/w all the required verification data fields. We (luckily) get minimal spam on XC5 probably because of reCAPTCHA yes, but, more likely, because we block lots of IP addresses at server level, so they never get to XC5 in the first place (Russia, China and Brazil currently seem to be the worst...) That option might work for you too if you have server root access etc
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)