Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 AM

X-Guru

Default CDSEO for X-Cart: Custom H1 Tags and Description

On older x-carts the description is shown only on the first page so there is less duplication, and on newer x-carts they copied the previous CDSEO version by appending / Page X which isn't ideal but does help.

On every version the products listed will be different which prevents much of the problem.

CDSEO can't do replacements dynamically on the h1 tags or description, but it isn't overly difficult to customize this to pull from the CDSEO Link title and description for those pages. You can do so as follows:

Open home.php

FIND:

Code:
$smarty->assign('main', 'catalog');

BEFORE ADD:

Code:
// WCM - Query CDSEO information for h1/description // (Remove " AND $page > 1" if you would like it to replace on page 1 also) if ($wcmcdseoConfig['status'] == 1 AND $current_category['categoryid'] > 0 AND $page > 1) { $current_category['wcmCDSEO'] = func_query_first("SELECT cdseoLinkTitle as wcmH1, cdseoDescription as wcmDescr FROM wcm_cdseo WHERE cdseoReplaceID='" . intval($current_category['categoryid']) . "' AND cdseoType='category' AND cdseoPage='" . (intval($page) > 1 ? $page : 1) . "' LIMIT 1"); $smarty->assign('current_category', $current_category); } // / WCM - Query CDSEO information for h1/description

Open the category template file (typically skin/common_files/customer/main/subcategories.tpl) and change as follows (this is for 4.4.x):

FIND:

Code:
<h1>{$current_category.category|amp}</h1>

REPLACE WITH:

Code:
{strip}{* WCM - Custom H1 *} {*<h1>{$current_category.category|amp}</h1>*} <h1>{if $current_category.wcmCDSEO.wcmH1 ne ""} {$current_category.wcmCDSEO.wcmH1|amp} {else} {$current_category.category|amp}{if $navigation_page gt 1} / Page {$navigation_page}{/if} {/if} </h1>{* / WCM - Custom H1 *}{/strip}

FIND:

Code:
{if $current_category.description ne ""} <div class="subcategory-descr">{$current_category.description|amp}</div> {/if}

REPLACE WITH:

Code:
{strip}{* WCM - Custom Description *} {*<div class="subcategory-descr">{$current_category.wcmCDSEO.wcmDescr|amp}</div>*} {if $current_category.wcmCDSEO.wcmDescr ne ""} <div class="subcategory-descr">{$current_category.wcmCDSEO.wcmDescr|amp}</div> {elseif $current_category.description ne ""} <div class="subcategory-descr">{$current_category.description|amp}</div> {/if}{/strip}{* / WCM - Custom Description *}

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
DavyMac (03-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

If anybody else has questions/concerns about their SEO I'll be happy to discuss here!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 AM

eXpert

Thumbs up Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Just want to post a quick comment to say "WOW"

We just had CDSEO installed yesterday on our site here

Food Packaging

Amazingly within just one day our google page rank has went up by one point already. This just amazes me coming from an SEO background and I have done lots of on page SEO myself before installing this mod but never noticed any change in the GPR untill now.

Doing my own on page SEO I have noticed a massive increase in traffic to the site already but the page rank just didnt want to budge. I don't know what changes this mod makes to the backend of Xcart but it sure works.

I can't wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Thank you so much Jon, this is going to make a big difference to our site.

In my mind Xcart should be like this from the start but i'm very grateful for all the great work that guys like you and Phil (www.xcartmods.co.uk) do to improve xcart.
Ability Theme
CDSEO
xCMS
Abandoned Cart
Food Packaging Scotland
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Hi, Jon,

On v 1.8.0 Google is picking up 2 urls for certain pages, like this:

example.com/razza
example.com/razza/

Is there anything I can do about it? That manufacturer only has one page of products.

Thanks!
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 AM

X-Adept

Also having issues with changed url's not forwarding. Getting lots of 404 on Webmaster tools.
Shouldn't the old url 301/foward to the new one automatically?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Upgrade sent!

For those curious CDSEO for 4.5 should be available this week.

Sure I just bought CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package for X-Cart on 2/7/2012 and xcart puts out a new version. I wonder how much to upgrade to the files from 4.4.5 to 4.5.0.

Will the new version of CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package for X-Cart work with Smarty 3

Just my luck
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquamarina
Hi, Jon,

On v 1.8.0 Google is picking up 2 urls for certain pages, like this:

example.com/razza
example.com/razza/

Is there anything I can do about it? That manufacturer only has one page of products.

Thanks!

This is a server configuration issue which can be corrected with code from http://www.websitecm.com/articles/x-cart-seo/x-cart-seo-urls-dont-slash-away-your-x-cart-seo-rankings/

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
Acquamarina (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
Sure I just bought CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package for X-Cart on 2/7/2012 and xcart puts out a new version. I wonder how much to upgrade to the files from 4.4.5 to 4.5.0.

Will the new version of CDSEO Pro + xCMS Package for X-Cart work with Smarty 3

Just my luck

You'll get 3 months free upgrades from the time of purchase.

CDSEO and xCMS should be compatible this week.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:55 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-Allan
Just want to post a quick comment to say "WOW"

We just had CDSEO installed yesterday on our site here

Food Packaging

Amazingly within just one day our google page rank has went up by one point already. This just amazes me coming from an SEO background and I have done lots of on page SEO myself before installing this mod but never noticed any change in the GPR untill now.

Doing my own on page SEO I have noticed a massive increase in traffic to the site already but the page rank just didnt want to budge. I don't know what changes this mod makes to the backend of Xcart but it sure works.

I can't wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Thank you so much Jon, this is going to make a big difference to our site.

In my mind Xcart should be like this from the start but i'm very grateful for all the great work that guys like you and Phil (www.xcartmods.co.uk) do to improve xcart.

CDSEO does a great job consolidating urls for concentrated page rank. Look forward to hearing future updates.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:46 PM

X-Adept

Hi, Jon,

Thank you for the answer on the url/slash issue. It's done with the proper test result. Would you have any suggestions on checking out why the url's that are changed are not re-directed to the new url's and cause 404 errors?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4