Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

UPS - Setting Maximum Weight per box

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-23-2005, 02:54 AM

Default UPS - Setting Maximum Weight per box

I have a few items that ship in one box at 47Lbs. When you order 4 of them UPS will not rate it because it comes back over weight. How do I tell UPS to Rate it as 4 Boxes?
Old 02-24-2005, 07:04 AM

Default ups

yup same question how? <3

X-Cart version 4.0.1
PHP 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.22-standard
Operation system Linux
Old 02-24-2005, 07:31 AM

X-Guru

i think this got looked at in later versions.

check the changelog for more info

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 03-01-2005, 01:20 PM

i just upgraded to the latest stable of xcart 4.0.12 and no this hasn't been fixed ever...this is actually extremely easy to fix (although it took me a long time to track down)....i've heard of people paying huge chunks of cash for this simple fix....this works in every version of 4.x that i've tried

as it is...i have it rating them as all seperate boxes but if someone wants i could update the code to put as many items into a box as possible.....

so..here's the code

Before: (file /shipping/mod_UPS.php)
Code:
$query=<<<EOT <?xml version='1.0'?> <AccessRequest xml:lang='en-US'> <AccessLicenseNumber>$UPS_accesskey</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>$UPS_username</UserId> <Password>$UPS_password</Password> </AccessRequest> <?xml version='1.0'?> <RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang='en-US'> <FreightCharges> <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode> </FreightCharges> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>$pickup_type</Code> </PickupType> $customer_classification_query <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>$src_city</City> <PostalCode>$src_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$src_country_code</CountryCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipFrom> <Address> <City>$src_city</City> <PostalCode>$src_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$src_country_code</CountryCode> </Address> </ShipFrom> <ShipTo> <Address> <City>$dst_city</City> <PostalCode>$dst_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$dst_country_code</CountryCode> $residental_flag </Address> </ShipTo> <Package> <PackagingType> <Code>$packaging_type</Code> </PackagingType> <PackageWeight> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>$UPS_wunit</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Weight>$UPS_weight</Weight> </PackageWeight> $dimensions_query $pkgparams </Package> </Shipment> </RatingServiceSelectionRequest> EOT;

After:
Code:
$query=<<<EOT <?xml version='1.0'?> <AccessRequest xml:lang='en-US'> <AccessLicenseNumber>$UPS_accesskey</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>$UPS_username</UserId> <Password>$UPS_password</Password> </AccessRequest> <?xml version='1.0'?> <RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang='en-US'> <FreightCharges> <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode> </FreightCharges> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>$pickup_type</Code> </PickupType> $customer_classification_query <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>$src_city</City> <PostalCode>$src_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$src_country_code</CountryCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipFrom> <Address> <City>$src_city</City> <PostalCode>$src_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$src_country_code</CountryCode> </Address> </ShipFrom> <ShipTo> <Address> <City>$dst_city</City> <PostalCode>$dst_zipcode</PostalCode> <CountryCode>$dst_country_code</CountryCode> $residental_flag </Address> </ShipTo> EOT; //<? //only in here to make code look nicer in php editor..doesn't affect anything global $cart; foreach($cart['products'] as $prodKey => $prodArray) { for( $quantity=0; $quantity<$prodArray['amount'];$quantity++) { $prodWeight = $prodArray['weight']; $query .=<<<EOT <Package> <PackagingType> <Code>$packaging_type</Code> </PackagingType> <PackageWeight> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>$UPS_wunit</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Weight>$prodWeight</Weight> </PackageWeight> $dimensions_query $pkgparams </Package> EOT; } } $query .=<<<EOT </Shipment> </RatingServiceSelectionRequest> EOT;

and the other file

Before: (file cart.php around line 285)
Code:
$cart["products"][]=array("cartid"=>$cartid, "productid"=>$productid,"amount"=>$amount, "options"=>$product_options, "free_price"=>@price_format(@$free_price),"distribution"=>$product_distribution);

After:
Code:
$cart["products"][]=array("cartid"=>$cartid, "productid"=>$productid,"amount"=>$amount, "options"=>$product_options, "weight"=>$added_product["weight"], "free_price"=>@price_format(@$free_price),"distribution"=>$product_distribution);

Hope this helps, if you have any problems just drop me a message.

- Nick
Old 03-21-2005, 05:39 AM

Nick,

Thanks for the code but I must have done something wrong when trying to install it.

I basically cut and pasted the code you supplied in both programs but now I come up with the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_SL in /home/dropship/public_html/store/shipping/mod_UPS.php on line 218

Just in case I messed up, I cut and pasted a second time with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is the last problem that I have to solve before going live with my store.

I am running Version 4.0.12

Thanks,
Leon P.
http://www.DropShipSupplier.com
Old 03-21-2005, 09:46 AM

Hi,

I replied to your PM to me with my thoughts. I'm assuming this should fix it, so for anyone else, make sure that there are no spaces after the $query=<<<EOT on line 218 and also that the EOT; on line 266 is all the way against the left side with no spaces after. I'll update this later if that doesn't help leon.

- nick
Old 03-21-2005, 11:06 AM

X-Adept

This has been discussed in the following thread:

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=2094
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 03-21-2005, 02:35 PM

Advanced Member

Default UPS

Same problem

Operating system Linux
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.1
PHP version 4.3.10
Old 03-22-2005, 05:45 AM

To anyone having this problem,

I have installed the mods that nick1628 posted on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:20 pm and that has taken care of the problem.

I can now ship via UPS, mutiple items in one order even if the total weight is greater than 150 lbs..

Thanks Nick for the code and the quick response when I had a problem installing it (really my lack of knowledge that caused the problem).

X-Cart wanted to charge me to fix their module. Is that how they normally treat customers that find problems in their programs?

Leon P.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:15 PM

Advanced Member

Can you post here for others?

Operating system Linux
Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.1
PHP version 4.3.10
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions