Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to PROPERLY resize the company_logo.gif logo?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Default How to PROPERLY resize the company_logo.gif logo?

Hello!

I am using a demo of 4.4.2

I have been reading around in the forums trying to get an answer to my problem, no luck yet so i thought I would post a question:

I am trying to put a larger company_logo.gif image. I have changed the size in the "/<web dir>/skin/fashion_mosaic_grey/images/fashion_mosaic" as well as change sizes both on the "/<web dir>/skin/fashion_mosaic_grey/css/altskin.css" file (line 927) and "/<web dir>/skin/common_files/css/main.css" line 512. When I do all of this, yes my image changes sizes, BUT the bottom of it goes BEHIND the search box and the box that holds the 'sign-in', 'checkout', etc. I have also looked at the "fashion_mosaic_grey/customer/head.tpl" file and didn't see anything that looked like it would help if I changed it???

Any ideas on this?

NOTE: this is an edit; final answer given in post #6 below.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:17 AM

Veteran

Default Re: How to PROPERLY resize the company_logo.gif logo?

You also have to change the top margin of the middle container - all in css files

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
imimin (04-25-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 07:24 AM

OK, I tried to find these margin-top's for both the css files I mentioned above with no luck! The ones that looked right did not work or moved the wrong spacings!

Could you please be more specific as to where these lines of code (margin-top px settings) are located?

These CSS files are HUGE and seem to be difficult to know where to go! Is there a way to know what file/portion of a file you need (kind of what you can do with tpl files in webmaster mode)?

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:17 AM

Veteran

Use Firebug (FF addon) - it will tell you exactly which class and which css file
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Thanks Steve! FireBug looks like it will be a REALLY great tool!

One problem:
When I click on the CSS tab in FireBug, it does not highlight areas on the webpage showing me CSS pages/classes (it shows a circle with a diagonal line through it in the lower console area on what seems to be ALL lines of the CSS file!)? And if I try to inspect an element with the CSS tab active, it switches back to the HTML view to find the element?

OK, user error and education on using this product is all I needed! It works GREAT. Thanks again for pointing out this GREAT TOOL!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM

OK, with the help of the FireBug tool above I was able to get my formatting correct and get the increased size of the company_logo.gif looking good. Besides what I mentioned initially on this thread, I made the following chages:

on the altskin.css file, go to the line below (this is the only one in the file and its around line 1300)
.menu-categories-list {
and add a "margin-top: 50px;" line changing the height according to your needs.

on the main.css file go to the line below under the "Layout Styles" section
#center {
and add a "margin-top: 50px;" as well changing the height according to your needs.

NOTE: the 2 above lines should probably have the same "top-margin" pixel height to keep things level/even.

After changing the size of my .gif and making the other noted changes, this worked quite well!

I don't know why no one has ever explained this on a post before considering how many requests for this information have been made??

***Sure would be nice if QT made a script or admin section to do all this work for you if you wanted to change the size of something as common as the company_logo???
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design