Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XC-5 - Which Direction Next?

X-Cart forums > General > General talk

Old 08-09-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Re: XC-5 - Which Direction Next?

Seeing threads like this is just one of the reasons I've decided to just eat the money that I've spent and walk away from XCart.

New releases should be fully tested and limited to bug fixes and improved functionality.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:41 PM

eXpert

This may be viewed as 'Direct' but it's an example of what we meant, when in the 1st post in this thread we said:
Quote:
More free (i.e. included within the applied licence that's actually been purchased), standard, usability / functionality within the core product c/w any associated free modules and much, much less pure marketing waffle and hype. ASAP please! We want a core product c/w associated free modules that actually works, properly and does so after every upgrade too.
The very latest 'Marketing' e-mail we have received, refers the readers to this: https://www.x-cart.com/blog/speed-up-website.html Having dealt with the never ending hype that seems to accompany all of these type of releases recently, the BIG issue, ironically, is that some of the 'challenges' referred to in this article are created by / part of / standard within XC5 Core itself Without getting into a big argument, to quickly understand this, simply read the article, then search this forum.... Yes, there are examples....

Left Hand / Right Hand not communicating properly? Or something different?
Nginx 1.11.10 / Apache 2.4.6 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.8
Old 08-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Veteran

The article simply picks up on everything GTMetrix will tell you.
Start with the JS loading in head section - I don't think this will ever be moved to bottom.
Minify HTML
Number of HTTP request
Also I don't know where the data is coming from but is just doesn't seem very real.
1-second delay will cost you.... - whether site loads for 5 or 6 seconds OR 20 vs 21 seconds doesn't really make any difference. What makes difference is 5 vs 10 seconds.
If your site loads for 6 seconds and your competitor for 5 I seriously doubt this will be a reason for anyone to go to the competitor site.

XC5 compared to XC4 is slow. So maybe this numbers can be applied there?
I agree - most of these have been discussed many times in here and stock XC installation doesn't do much about any of them.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:44 PM

eXpert

Somebody's latest post on this thread either 'broke the rules' https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=251456 or, they deleted it themselves.

If.... there is a feeling of unrest with XC5, being detected, then there's plenty of ways to change that, some of which, have been posted in this thread already

Ignoring anything that's obvious, in the style of HCA's 'The Emperor's New Clothes' would be a bold move...
Nginx 1.11.10 / Apache 2.4.6 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.8
   X-Cart forums > General > General talk