Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.6 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-26-2014, 10:28 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

BUG - http://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=43175

Product pricing on product search / category list / product details pages different due to incorrect select query for the product option.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM

Veteran

I want so much to file this as bug but I have the feeling the answer will be - this is how it is designed to work...

For quite some time now there is "quick search" in admin - top right corner. According to the help popup - it allows you to do quick search on products, orders and users. I never used that and I did not think anyone is actually seriously using it.

Well today I had a client told me their newly upgraded cart from 4.2.0 to 4.6.1 shows incorrect product count, prices and quantities when they search for products in admin. So I did a search and everything shows properly. The screenshot they send me though reveals they used the "quick search" to search for a product by entering a keyword. According to the popup help the products search is on productid, sku and product title so let's disregard the incorrect number of products returned - since the search doesn't search in description like the normal search.

But the incorrect price and quantity - this quick search searches only products table. Well we all know when you have variants product quantity, weight and price is being replaced by the variants. Not to mention that each variant has its own sku - which means if you search by variant sku you get no results.

Since this is not explained in the quick search popup help I can safely assume (just like my client) that this search should return products with correct quantity and price. If the quick search was intended to search products table only please specify in its help or better yet - remove it from there. This quick search is useless on products with variants.

So to me this should be either recoded to do proper product search or product search removed from the quick search. I think there is plenty of time to get this done with 4.6.2 release... Maybe not a bug but it is a broken functionality if you ask me...
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
which means if you search by variant sku you get no results.
This quick search is useless on products with varian.

Steve,

I use quick search every day for something.

Yes -- searching for a SKU or variant doesn't work. But it is still very useful.

I agree with you -- if we report this as a bug, we will get the "but we designed it this way..." reply.

OBVIOUSLY a sku or variant string should return the expected result.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
cflsystems (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Veteran

Then QT should recode it to take variants into consideration. The search I tried returned actual product quantity and price from the products table which of course is incorrect since that product has variants and the quantity of all was 0 + different pricing. So when you search for this product in admin with the normal search you get one set of numbers and the quick search shows different one - this to me is wrong and has to be fixed.

Again - the quick search may do very well on orders and customers, this is only for products search
Old 01-28-2014, 08:19 AM

Veteran

Just an update on post 201 above - http://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=43175

QT has confirmed the bug
Quote:
The fix will be included in upcoming XC release 4.6.2.

Thank you Steve.

Since this is the only reply to the bug report I would assume what I posted as fix is legit and earlier versions (before 4.6.2) of XC affected by it can use this fix.

Thanks QT for that

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
xim (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 02:56 PM

Advanced Member

Does anybody have any info about new modules for x-cart now that XC5 is released

Will they still continue to develop modules for XC4? Or are these the final and last modules that will be released?>

X-Cart Mobile
X-Cart Snippits
X-Cart Refine Filters
X-Cart Cloud Back UP
X-Cart Make Model Year
X-Cart Abandon Cart
X-Cart Brain Tree Module
WebsiteCm - CMS Blog
WebsiteCM - SDSEO Pro
WebsiteCM - Custom Tabs
Website CM - Product A-Z Map
BCS - Pre Order
BCS - Quote Module
Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
Hi again. Please see attached.

I have a question on this. We applied this patch, which seemed to fix the issue, but we are still seeing the cache issue when providers add a product to a new category. How can we fix that as well?

For websites that add products frequently or change categories, this cache feature really is frustrating.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:07 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoeDog
Does anybody have any info about new modules for x-cart now that XC5 is released

Will they still continue to develop modules for XC4? Or are these the final and last modules that will be released?>

Yes, we will. The modules developed already will be supported ( to be compatible with the new versions of the 4th branch),there are also several new modules which are being developed for X-Cart 4 Classic.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
I have a question on this. We applied this patch, which seemed to fix the issue, but we are still seeing the cache issue when providers add a product to a new category. How can we fix that as well?

For websites that add products frequently or change categories, this cache feature really is frustrating.

Hi!
So far it's not absolutely clear for me ( and developer who helped with the patch), how exactly to reproduce the problem and thus to fix it. As I know there was no problem with publishing new products. It was about re-activating the existing ones. It also looks like the discussion shifts towards the problem specific to a particular store, so unfortunately we can no longer provide free support within this thread. I recommend that you submit a new ticket and request a solution (probably, a commercial one, probably,it will be a custom modification)
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Veteran

It's the little rock that flips over the wagon right...

Can someone please answer this very simple question: Why is the latest and greatest XC4 version (4.6.3) still caries this piece of code in bread_crumbs.tpl:
Code:
<font class="bread-crumb{if $smarty.foreach.location.last} last-bread-crumb{/if}">{if $webmaster_mode eq "editor"}{$l.0}{else}{$l.0|amp}{/if}</font>

With every single release I have to go in there and change it. Why <font> tag is being used? After it has been mentioned few times? Any smart answers?

For those who don't know <font> tag has been deprecated since HTML4.01 and entirely removed from HTML5 - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/font. This is many years ago, not just last year...

But XC has always had this piece of code in like this. Is my browser running on HTML3 only by any chance?

Common guys really? Let's do this again - SCRAP ALL XC4 SKINS, CREATE ONE FROM SCRATCH THAT USES HTML5/CSS3 AND IS COMPLIANT AND IS CLEANER AND USES SMARTY3 AND COMPLETLY SEPARATES ADMIN FROM CUSTOMER SIDE AND HAS 500 LINES OF CSS RULES INSTEAD OF 50000 AND ... AND ... AND ...
As right now XC skins look like IE8 - they work but you need to fight with it all the time and do some magic...

I do appreciate all the new modules and fixes and the little addons but if the foundation needs to be enforced and the roof is leaking you don't fix the roof first... What good a dry house will do if the foundation is not strong enough to support it....

The following 5 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
ADDISON (04-04-2014), carpeperdiem (04-03-2014), Ksenia (04-04-2014), photo (04-03-2014), tartaglia (04-04-2014)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements