Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 Released + Updated addons + Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-17-2004, 04:17 AM

eXpert

Not really a bug... more of a gripe...

Don't like not being able to delete the Master account, it's the first thing I delete on a new install...

Also, what's happened to the tickbox for signing up to the newsletter during registration? It's an extremely valuable sales tool, but hardly anyone can be bothered to sign up separately on the front page.

Any chance of getting these changed for the next release?

Dave

http://lizzybug.co.uk (live, minor mods, 4.0.15)
EZCheckout/EZUpsell (Must have mods!) Firetank's Featured Products Manager, and loads of little mods off the forum (thanks all!)

http://www.jellybeangifts.co.uk (live, 4.0.18 ) Fancy Cats + custom colour mod
Old 07-17-2004, 06:07 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxitpatel
I recommend not to use this version for any LIVE STORE, since there are many bugs yet to be fixed.

I certainly don't plan to. Just setup a virtual test server to help discover as many bugs as possible.
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 07-17-2004, 10:40 AM

Advanced Member

Is anyone else having a problem with UPS Online Tools? I can't get mine working. It says I have to register and when it gets to step 2, I get "Sorry license agreement is temporary unavailable. Try again later." and because of that I can't go to the next step. I thought maybe it was just temporary, but the same thing has happened the last 3 days. Any ideas?
Old 07-17-2004, 06:13 PM

Advanced Member

Default Possible Bugs in X-Cart 4.0.0

Hello,

1. It has been mentioned earlier, but the manufacturer does not match up to the product when you try to add a manufacturer to a product via the admin area.

2. After you make your main categories they ONLY get listed in alphbetical order, I have tried to order them differently using the POS. but it will not switch their positions.

3. There are some problems with choosing the product's main category.
Example: If I have a product in Books / Hard Cover. And I want to switch it to Books / Soft Cover. X-Cart will do this for you but it still shows the main category as Books / Hard Cover. Also, I don't know if this is a feature but, after you switch from any main category to another it leaves the product in the old category. So, if I went from Books / Hard Cover and moved it to Books / Soft Cover, I would have the product in both categories. And This is not even touching the "additonal categories" list, Just playing with the Main category drop down list in the admin area.

That is all I can find for now, besides that this is a great release, lots of nice features

-Mike
Old 07-18-2004, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1
Also, what's happened to the tickbox for signing up to the newsletter during registration? It's an extremely valuable sales tool, but hardly anyone can be bothered to sign up separately on the front page.

It's still there? You have to make a new list in the "News Management" section and make sure it's active.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:42 AM

X-Adept

I to had problems with the pos. The only way I was able to get the pos changed was to edit the pos field in the databse it's self. I used phpmyadmin to do this.

Another error I had was with subscriptions. I was getting a smarty error when ever I tried to use it. However I did fix this and posted the fix here

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=11665&highlight=

Another problem with 4.0 branch is the CVV2 field isnt showing up during checkout. I have yet to make a fix for this and am hoping x-cart will get on it.

Another error I found is with options. Before lets say if you had a option of say blue you could add an extra cost in for this. (example blue=+5) so that if a customer picked blue it would add $5.00 to the total price. However this is no longer the case. An example of a product with this can be found here:

http://_lildawg_site_/store/product.php?productid=2&cat=1&page=1

notice that now it says on (Do we need to register?) "yes=+5" and if you pick this option it DOES NOT add the extra amunt of money to the cost. This in my opion is a MAJOR FLAW as it makes a store owner loose money as it isn't calculating the correct cost.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:51 PM

X-Adept

I have another bug to report. When importing products with options they do not import. There is another user who poasted this but I had the same problem and had to manually add them. Good thing it was on a site that only had 26 products. I had exported my old products before installing 4.0 and when I used that export from 3.5.7 to import I lost my options.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:39 PM

I'm having the same problems with extra fields. I am using 3.4.14 on my live store and imports work just fine, but I can't get any info to display in the extra fields when importing into 4.0. The other fields import just fine, it's just the extra fields that wont work. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:28 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAlpha
Tried to delete the two default providers, but was met with the following SQL errors:
Quote:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where provider='provider'' at line 1
SQL QUERY FAILURE: delete from where provider='provider'
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where provider='provider'' at line 1
SQL QUERY FAILURE: delete from where provider='provider'

Fix:

Code:
Index: include/func.php =================================================================== --- eshop/include/func.php:1.395.2.4 Fri Jul 16 16:15:21 2004 +++ eshop/include/func.php Mon Jul 19 09:52:37 2004 @@ -621,8 +621,10 @@ db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[shipping_rates] where provider='$user'"); db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[discounts] where provider='$user'"); db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[discount_coupons] where provider='$user'"); - db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[state_tax] where provider='$user'"); - db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[country_tax] where provider='$user'"); + db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[extra_fields] where provider='$user'"); + db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[tax_rates] where provider='$user'"); + db_query("delete from $sql_tbl[zones] where provider='$user'"); + # # Delete provider's file dir # @@ -632,7 +634,9 @@ # # If it is partner, then remove all his information # - if ($usertype == "B") { + if ($usertype == "B" && func_query_first_cell("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[modules] WHERE module_name='XAffiliate'") > 0) { + if (empty($active_modules["XAffiliate"])) + include $xcart_dir."XAffiliate/config.php"; db_query ("DELETE FROM $sql_tbl[partner_clicks] WHERE login='$user'"); db_query ("DELETE FROM $sql_tbl[partner_commissions] WHERE login='$user'"); db_query ("DELETE FROM $sql_tbl[partner_payment] WHERE login='$user'"); @@ -647,6 +651,7 @@ # function func_userinfo($user,$usertype, $extended=true) { global $sql_tbl, $single_mode, $shop_language; + global $active_modules; $userinfo = func_query_first("SELECT $sql_tbl[customers].*, lng_c.value as country FROM $sql_tbl[customers], $sql_tbl[countries], $sql_tbl[languages] as lng_c WHERE lng_c.name = CONCAT('country_', $sql_tbl[countries].code) AND lng_c.code = '$shop_language' AND $sql_tbl[customers].login='$user' AND $sql_tbl[customers].usertype='$usertype' AND $sql_tbl[countries].code=$sql_tbl[customers].b_country"); @@ -682,8 +687,8 @@ $userinfo["b_countyname"] = func_get_county($userinfo["b_county"]); $userinfo["s_countyname"] = func_get_county($userinfo["s_county"]); } - if($userinfo['usertype'] == 'B') - $userinfo['plan_id'] = func_query_first_cell("SELECT plan_id FROM $sql_tbl[partner_commissions] WHERE login = '$userinfo[login]'"); + if($userinfo["usertype"] == "B" && !empty($active_modules["XAffiliate"])) + $userinfo["plan_id"] = func_query_first_cell("SELECT plan_id FROM $sql_tbl[partner_commissions] WHERE login = '$userinfo[login]'"); $email = $userinfo["email"]; return $userinfo;
Old 07-18-2004, 10:32 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAlpha
Created a new admin account, but when I initially logged in I received the following message at admin/home.php:
Quote:
Page not found!
The requested page is not exists or you are not allowed to access that resource!

The above message disappeared after I switched the new admin from the "Fulfillment Staff" membership I had that acount setup as.

Fix:

Code:
Index: admin/home.php =================================================================== RCS file: /usr/local/cvsroot/eshop/admin/home.php,v retrieving revision 1.29 diff -u -r1.29 home.php --- admin/home.php 12 Jul 2004 14:00:35 -0000 1.29 +++ admin/home.php 19 Jul 2004 06:22:59 -0000 @@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ require "./auth.php"; -if (!empty($login)) { +if (!empty($login) && $user_account["membership"] != "Fulfillment staff") { include "./quick_menu.php";
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements