Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM

Veteran

Default X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

Just a heads up on the free trial of X-Payments.

According to the X-Payments pricing page - http://www.x-cart.com/xpayments-pricing.html - the free trial is fully functional

Quote:
Do you offer a free trial?
Yes, we offer a fully functional 14-day free trial, during which you can test drive X-Payments to see if it's right for you. No credit card is needed to sign up and there's no obligation to purchase.

According to X-Cart support:
Quote:
At the moment you are using trial for X-Payments, that can be used only for testing purposes, not for the live transactions. I need to ask you to make a purchase before using your version for live orders.

I advised a client they can get this and see how it works on the site with orders for a few days and then decide to continue with subscription, downloadable or cancel. Bad move. And X-Payments actually doesn't work - it worked for about a day out of 4-5 days...

I guess I won't be doing this anymore.

QT - if the trial is fully functional it shouldn't matter if it works in test mode or live mode. Fully functional means there are no restrictions. If the trial can be used only in test mode you need to note this and tell customers who wants to give it a try. The way it is presented right now on the website is misleading.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited

Steve, it is fully functional within 14 days indeed.

Please PM me the link to the ticket where our support engineer told you that. I'll make sure he/she will never tell that again anyone.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
cflsystems (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 08:32 AM

X-Cart team

> And X-Payments actually doesn't work - it worked for about a day out of 4-5 days...

And of course I need to have info on that, too.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Veteran

HI Alex - I will PM you now. Appreciate your fast response here.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:29 PM

Veteran

It has been confirmed by Alex (see above) the X-Payments 14-day trial is not limited and it is fully functional.
QT also started an investigation why this particular instance of X-Payments was not working properly. It is still under testing but it seems for now to be working.

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
Ksenia (02-12-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 11:57 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

Steve. I've corrected title of the thread to reflect real situation here. I hope you do not mind.

With regards to PayPal issue - let me quote what our engineer told your client:

Quote:
So, as far as I can see, processing itself works fine, only the test transactions cause the mis-communication error. Some time ago we noticed similar behavior with PayPal: if 4111-1111-1111-1111 credit card is submitted, PayPal server responds too long, or doesn't respond at all. This is the most popular test credit card number, so it seems to be some kind of protection on PayPal side. Also, a similar issue is described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25922214/paypal-the-operation-has-timed-out-wtih-specific-credit-card. We'll verify that with PayPal support and let you know their response. If it turns out that we need to change the code of X-Payments somehow, we'll do that and provide you with the necessary updates.

Meanwhile, if you would like to test PayPal in your store and X-Payments you may use one of these ways:

1) Switch PayPal to the test mode. Note: you'll need to reconfigure the payment configuration for that. So, we can advise you to create a separate method for the test mode and configure it to use test PayPal credentials. Also PayPal provides test credit cards associated with your account. The corresponding payment method in your store can be switched off, or configured in such a way that it's available to specific membership only. I.e. your customers will not see it, but you can still use it for tests. Please refer to this article for detailed instructions: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Configuring_Payment_Methods_in_X-Cart_4.5.0-4.5.2

2) Use your actual credit card. This should work correctly, but PayPal will charge its fee.

3) Use your actual credit card, but with wrong CVV2/CVD/SecurityCode, or with different billing address. The transaction will be declined, and you should get a corresponding response from PayPal. The details could be found in X-Payments on the payment details page.

I've requested permission from PayPal to publish their explanations here, too.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:36 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Payments fully functional free trial is limited - UPDATE: No, it is not.

Thank you Alex. Your addition to the title is fine.

Understood about the test CC. I have always used this method, this explains why my test failed.
However it doesn't explain why real customers end up with the same "please wait" message stuck on screen with no response from cart or X-Payments. Unless these customers where also using common fake CC numbers hoping it will work...

To confirm - test with real CC yesterday worked, I have not heard back from client with more issues yet, he is monitoring though, but for right now it does seem this specific installation works.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:41 AM

X-Cart team

> However it doesn't explain why real customers end up with the same "please wait"
> message stuck on screen with no response from cart or X-Payments.

Steve, we are not sure about possible reasons for such behavior and still researching on this matter. Anyways, right now new test transactions work.

It could be connection issue at the moment when the customer was placing his transaction, too.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:45 AM

Veteran

Alex what happens if customer has js off on their browser or some sort of blocking ads/popups addon or set browser to incognito mode? Since there is ajax and iframe and checkout page relies on js... Will that have any negative effect?
Old 02-12-2015, 05:56 AM

X-Cart team

> I've requested permission from PayPal to publish their explanations here, too.

In addition to my previous post here comes what PayPal said us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone from PayPal
There is a list of credit card numbers in the Payflow Gateway guide
(https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/payflow/integration-guide/#credit-card-numbers-for-testing) which many people assume can be used when
processing credit card transactions through PayPal. However, many of these card numbers have been blocked from our system in one fashion or another, so my general advice is ⌠don▓t use those card numbers■.

In general, when testing credit card transactions with PayPal as the processor, I recommend using a randomized credit card number. The number must have a valid BIN, a valid check digit, and must be the correct length for the card type, but aside from that, the card number can be random.

I would ask your merchant to try testing with one of these random card
numbers. If they are still having issues after that, please let me know
and I can look into the issue.

I suggest using a site such as http://getcreditcardnumbers.com to get randomized
card numbers.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions