Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Padding between tables.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-07-2003, 07:22 AM

Default Padding between tables.

Ok for some reason when looking at a product details the padding goes away between the tables. Now I have tried adding padding on the table under product.tpl but that makes it worse. Also I have taken my product.tpl and went back to the original and it still does it so I am thinking it is somewhere else, It only happens on the product detail page though, no where else.

Here are some links:

This is what its supposed to do. Watch the spacing between middle and the sides:

http://www.saddlemen.com/test_site/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=455

This is what product details does:

http://www.saddlemen.com/test_site/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=2&cat=&page=1

Anyone got any ideas? I have been messing with a number of tpl's to fix this problem but cant find it anywhere.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:27 AM

does no one on here have any ideas on what can be causing this?
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 PM

Advanced Member

As Ned Flanders once said, "that's a noodle scratcher. "

You may be looking in the wrong place.
If it does the same thing when you revert to the original, it MUST be the content on that page.

Try emptying out the product details and see if that fixes it. If so, then you know what to tweak.

HTH
shasan.

<edit>better way</edit>

No hamsters were harmed during the making of this sig. Several were seriously offended.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:30 PM

Advanced Member

Just thinking, does it happen for other products too? If no, then that particular product's description is the problem. If yes then do all other products have the same detail layout?

I took a look and it looks like you do have a common details layout for all the products. You might want to take a look in that area.

No hamsters were harmed during the making of this sig. Several were seriously offended.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:51 AM

Yea thats what I thought it was, if I revert to the original product detail tpl it still does it. That is why I am so buffled by this, its got to be somewhere else but it did it when I was messing with the product detail from what I remember.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 AM

X-Adept

Ok... here is the deal... you need to remove the quote symbol that you have in your descriptions. Instead replace it with word inch or in. What is happening is that by using the double quote character to represent inches, you are throwning off the HTML code.

For instance take the code that displays the image
Code:
[img]../image.php?productid=2[/img]

See.. it is actually thinking that you are closing the alt property after the number 11. Then you have an open quote later before you close the tag. This is really screwing up your HTML. For some reason the double quote is not getting translated to the &quot; equivelant. So, the easiest thing to do is remove the " from the title and descriptions and replace it with the word.

Take a look at this product http://www.saddlemen.com/test_site/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=4&cat=455&page=1 and you will see that it is fine there. No quotes.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:04 AM

Thanks for your responses guys. It ended up being the Related items table that was throwing it all off.

I appreciate all your help.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:19 PM

Advanced Member

told you so.

Or did I?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design