Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to change contact us form?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-08-2003, 03:47 PM

Could you post how you disable the required fields in the /include/help.php
Thanks
Old 10-08-2003, 04:22 PM

Well it was a lucky guess on my part for some of it, but if you open the file you will see a section referring to $fillerror

That section shows which fields are required, so I carefully deleted the section that I didn't want.

(empty($contact["firstname"]) || is the part you need to delete. what I just pasted is an example, because I actually left first name. But the others, referring to country or address or phone I deleted. be very careful you don't take out any necessary part. I did them only one at a time.

Then I went to the contactus.tpl file and found the sections referring to the form fields I didn't want. I selected the entire table row holding that information for each section and deleted.

I started with the zip code first - it seemed easy to find and then I tested the form to be sure it would submit.

After that was successful, I just did the rest of the fields one at a time and tested. First the section in the help.php file, then the tpl file, then test. Repeat those steps.

Hope this helps.

Nancy
Old 10-08-2003, 05:11 PM

Thanks, that worked fine. I'll change my other sites, I wanted to do this for a while.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:31 AM

X-Man

following on from the above (in a bizarre kind of way), is there anyway I can add an extra field into the contact us page that will get mailed to the admins??

for example I could do with another non requried field that is order number - so that if a customer has a query about their order they can add in the order number to the form (ok they could use the subject or content but I could do with a seperate box)

Using xcart 3.3.3
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design