Detailed Image Position and Upselling Links

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 07-30-2003, 11:38 PM

X-Adept

Default Detailed Image Position and Upselling Links

Hello,
I have two questions.

First, I uploaded 3 images which are very small

You can see that Detailed Images are showing in 3 rows - under each other, How can I set it up that all three images can settle side by side in one row??

Also Upselling Links - Do they Show Image of Products? Same Question for Recommended Products - I would be happy to show them with images.

Thanks.[/url]
Old 07-31-2003, 08:56 AM

X-Adept

If you are using verion 3.3.x then you can change the product_images.tpl file to this:
Code:
{if $images ne ""} {capture name=dialog} <table border=0 width=100%> <tr> {section name=image loop=$images} {if $smarty.section.image.index is div by 3} </tr> <tr valign="top"> {/if} <td valign="top"> <table border=0 width=100%> <tr> <td align=center valign=top> [img]../product_image.php?imageid={$images[image].imageid}[/img] </td> </tr> <tr> <td align=center valign=top> {$images[image].alt} </td> </tr> </table> </td> {/section} </td> </tr> </table> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if}

That will but the images in table cells and use the Alt Text that you enter in with the images as a description under each image. Set up like this, they will display in rows with 3 columns. If you want more or less images in a row, then change the "is div by 3" part to what ever number you want.

This can be used with 3.4.x but would require modification to work with the images being stored in a file system rather than a database.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:34 PM

X-Adept

Default .

I am using 3.4.0 but can't find product_images.tpl ! I can see popup_product.tpl
Old 07-31-2003, 03:43 PM

X-Adept

Its in the /skin1/modules/Detailed_Product_Images/ folder. Like I said though, this should work with 3.4.x if you are using images stored in the databse, but it will not if you are using a filesystem for the images.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:42 PM

X-Adept

Default .

I have not changed anything for image storage, it's default x cart setting, so I will give it a try.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:47 PM

X-Adept

Default .

great!~

Worked just as I wanted Thanks!

But second question remains - How can I set it up so, recommended products can show Images?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:24 PM

X-Adept

That would require more extensive template editing.... I dont have anything available already done for that. It is possible though...
Old 07-31-2003, 06:46 PM

X-Adept

Default .

Thanks. I used Paint to make my tabs just to fill the blank and show x cart to make it like that
Old 07-31-2003, 07:21 PM

X-Adept

Your welcome... The banner and the tabs look great. To give you an idea of other ways you can customise X-CART check out

http://www.pitasrus.com/customer/home.php
and
http://www.efreegift.com/customer/home.php

These are both still in devlopment. The last one also and some affiliate stuff added, like a persistant link back to the affiliate website...
http://www.efreegift.com/customer/home.php?partner=couchs
Old 08-01-2003, 12:17 AM

X-Adept

Default .

tht looks great.

I had ordered those tabs from x cart and they made it you can see that on my website - buy check it again after giving lot of explanation - visually on website - they can't get anything straight. They have not added a tab for home link and did not centered!

I am really feeling bad for buying extra modules services from them, what I ordered and what they made of it, look at my featured items and go to any catagory - you can see that there is 2 featured items displaying! I don't know how that came. It also displays in product listings where you surf products by going to subcatagory! worst, wasted money.

Well, do you know how to add extra module same as featured items.

Thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design