Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5.2.3: upgrade issue fix for the users running MySQL v.5.6

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-31-2015, 06:12 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 5.2.3: upgrade issue fix for the users running MySQL v.5.6

Hello @kurtiscoady!

You should contact your hosting team and ask them to restore your store from backup. They likely have the backup on their side.

As I see, your store upgrade crashed because of Banner System module, which has been updated to overcome this probme, and once you recover your store, you can try to upgrade it again and it should work out properly. To be totally honest, I would recommend that you upgrade copy of your store at first and if everything goes correctly, then attempt to upgrade your live store.

Tony.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:06 PM

X-Adept

I ran the soft-reset to bring the store back up, I have re-enabled the modules and now after updating it I lost almost everything except the products are in the database. All I have done is run the normal upgrade procedure.

There is no banners, no css, no featured products, and the look and feel page in admin appears to be not working. It just lists two links; Layout or Performance. The Layout page is blank. There is no way to modify the css. From the X-cart demo admin it should list more things.

The homepage does not list anything at all, only the header logo, and the my account page. Im really not sure if there is something that has been missed.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 AM

X-Wizard

5.1.11 to 5.2.3 - total crash on step 5!
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 04-01-2015, 12:47 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
I ran the soft-reset to bring the store back up, I have re-enabled the modules and now after updating it I lost almost everything except the products are in the database.

Did you restore the site from a backup after the failed upgrade that you reported the last time?

Abandoned Cart Reminder and Banner System modules were updated to prevent the upgrade issue, but it may be that you need to revert back to the backup copy of your site (did you create a backup before the upgrade?) and then re-run the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
5.1.11 to 5.2.3 - total crash on step 5!

What is the error message? Also, what are the error messages in the log files that you can find in the [xc5]/var/log/ directory?

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 AM

X-Adept

There are pages in the admin area that are missing, so I cannot update things like the css, I have sent to max previously the login for this admin area, however I can send it to you if you like

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
There are pages in the admin area that are missing, so I cannot update things like the css, I have sent to max previously the login for this admin area, however I can send it to you if you like

Did you create a backup before doing the upgrade? If there is a backup the best way to fix the problem will be reverting the site back to the 5.1.x and then going through the upgrade once again (with the new module versions now).

Or do you receive the error with the new module versions?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:03 AM

X-Adept

I didn't backup because I am just testing the store, which clearly still has major issues. Im so glad that I have not moved to version 5 after all. Previous upgrade fails could be restored and the data was still there like the css/banners that I had added. Now this was wiped out it seems.

I have saved only the css because this is all I had changed. Perhaps I should just do a fresh install?

But to be honest I am going to come back in a few more months and check how it will be then, because I am not in a live store with this version and its actually quite frustrating we are having upgrade problems when the main selling point of XC5 was easy upgrades. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future and proper checks will be done so the upgrades will work.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 04-01-2015, 03:31 AM

X-Guru

Hello Richard,

I see. However, it is strongly recommended to create backups before doing any upgrades (even on a development installation). Especially when it comes to such a complex upgrade as 5.1.x -> 5.2.x (it's a major upgrade with a lot of changes in the source code, not a "regular" minor upgrade like 5.1.9 -> 5.1.10). That's why there is a checkbox during the upgrade process.

Quote:
I have saved only the css because this is all I had changed. Perhaps I should just do a fresh install?

If it is a test store, doing a fresh install may be the best way. How did you add the CSS? Also, perhaps it is possible to get your banners and other data from the MySQL database (try to export it to a SQL file and read through it in a text editor).

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 04-01-2015, 01:02 PM

X-Wizard

It died at Step 5, got these two main errors in the error log.

First….

[01-Apr-2015 18:49:55] Error (code: 0): An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE xc_template_patches ADD version VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT NULL':

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'version'
Server API: cgi-fcgi;
Request method: GET;
URI: /xcart/admin.php?target=upgrade&cpid=803724a92864377ad85a 10b72b2fc736;
Backtrace:
#0 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php(116): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException))
#1 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(833): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuring Query(Object(XLite\Core\PDOMySqlDriver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException), 'ALTER TABLE xc_...', Array)
#2 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/Connection.php(72): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE xc_...', Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/DatabaseAbstract.php(631): XLite\Core\Connection->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE xc_...')
#4 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Plugin/Doctrine/Plugin/UpdateSchema/Main.php(80): XLite\Core\DatabaseAbstract->executeQueries(Array)
#5 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/PluginManager.php(83): Includes\Decorator\Plugin\Doctrine\Plugin\UpdateSc hema\Main->executeHookHandler()
#6 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(955): Includes\Decorator\Utils\PluginManager::invokeHook ('step_fifth')
#7 [internal function]: Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::executeStep Handler5()
#8 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Utils/Operator.php(234): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(808 ) : Includes\Utils\Operator::executeWithCustomMaxExecT ime('600', Array)
#10 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(826): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStep(5)
#11 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(1149): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStepCond itionally(5)
#12 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.PHP53.php(108 ) : Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::rebuildCach e()
#13 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.php(45): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#14 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/admin.php(37): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#15 {main}

Second:

[01-Apr-2015 18:49:55] Error (code: 2): Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Utils/Operator.php:185) in file /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/error_handler.php : 47
URI: /xcart/admin.php?target=upgrade&cpid=803724a92864377ad85a 10b72b2fc736;
Backtrace:
#0 Includes\ErrorHandler::logInfo() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:353]
#1 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleCommonError()
#2 header() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/error_handler.php:47]
#3 showErrorPage() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:285]
#4 Includes\ErrorHandler::showErrorPage() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:366]
#5 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleException() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/admin.php:42]

They repeat over and over…

Furthermore, if I try to view the admin page it says, "We are deploying new changes to our store. One minute and they will go live!" and I can't get back into it at all.

[01-Apr-2015 22:03:53] Error (code: -9999): We are deploying new changes to our store. One minute and they will go live!
URI: /xcart/cart.php?target=cloud_search_api&action=info;
Backtrace:
#0 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php(379): Includes\ErrorHandler::throwException('We are deployin...', -9999)
#1 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(560): Includes\ErrorHandler::fireError('We are deployin...', -9999)
#2 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(1582): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::checkIfRebu ildStarted()
#3 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(1141): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::checkRebuil dBlock()
#4 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.PHP53.php(10: Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::rebuildCach e()
#5 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.php(45): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#6 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/cart.php(35): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#7 {main}

No, I didn't make a backup because this was a store under development. I may have to start from scratch. Oh the pain, the pain...
Apache 2.4
Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 PM

X-Wizard

For starters, I'm getting this issue and I'm using MySQL 5.5.42, not 5.6.

Out of desperation, I tried the "Database.php" patch and that got me back into the upgrade process again, but it gets stuck at step 2 and keeps reloading the page over and over, causing my MacBook Air to actually heat up and kick the fan on (it did that the first time I tried it as well). So I stop that from loading and it goes to step 3. Same thing again, I stop the load and it jumps to step 4, same thing and then to step 5. Screen reads as follows:

ERROR: "0" (code N/A)

An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE xc_order_items ADD CONSTRAINT FK_FC5C8B059A1887DC FOREIGN KEY (subscription_id) REFERENCES xc_subscription (id)': SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'ocha_xc5.#sql-61a7_456b' (errno: 150)

Var/Log/ php error logs show:

[02-Apr-2015 12:00:42] Error (code: 0): An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE xc_order_items ADD CONSTRAINT FK_FC5C8B059A1887DC FOREIGN KEY (subscription_id) REFERENCES xc_subscription (id)':

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table 'ocha_xc5.#sql-61a7_4590' (errno: 150)
URI: /xcart/admin.php?target=upgrade&cpid=fc2a9a7c0cded50fa9ad 490b026cc158;
Backtrace:
#0 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php(116): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException))
#1 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(833): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuring Query(Object(XLite\Core\PDOMySqlDriver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException), 'ALTER TABLE xc_...', Array)
#2 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/Connection.php(72): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE xc_...', Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/DatabaseAbstract.php(631): XLite\Core\Connection->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE xc_...')
#4 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Plugin/Doctrine/Plugin/UpdateSchema/Main.php(80): XLite\Core\DatabaseAbstract->executeQueries(Array)
#5 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/PluginManager.php(83): Includes\Decorator\Plugin\Doctrine\Plugin\UpdateSc hema\Main->executeHookHandler()
#6 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(955): Includes\Decorator\Utils\PluginManager::invokeHook ('step_fifth')
#7 [internal function]: Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::executeStep Handler5()
#8 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Utils/Operator.php(234): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(80: Includes\Utils\Operator::executeWithCustomMaxExecT ime('600', Array)
#10 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(826): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStep(5)
#11 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(1149): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStepCond itionally(5)
#12 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.PHP53.php(10: Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::rebuildCach e()
#13 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/top.inc.php(45): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#14 /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/admin.php(37): require_once('/home/ocha/publ...')
#15 {main}

[02-Apr-2015 12:00:42] Error (code: 2): Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/Utils/Operator.php:185) in file /home/ocha/public_html/xcart/error_handler.php : 47
URI: /xcart/admin.php?target=upgrade&cpid=fc2a9a7c0cded50fa9ad 490b026cc158;
Backtrace:
#0 Includes\ErrorHandler::logInfo() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:353]
#1 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleCommonError()
#2 header() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/error_handler.php:47]
#3 showErrorPage() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:285]
#4 Includes\ErrorHandler::showErrorPage() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/Includes/ErrorHandler.php:366]
#5 Includes\ErrorHandler::handleException() called at [/home/ocha/public_html/xcart/admin.php:42]
Apache 2.4
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements