Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

ItemList Update Fields

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 02-19-2018, 06:34 AM

Question ItemList Update Fields

I need some help in order to achive an update of ItemList Table. I have an field in table Order Details. This field has an drop-down with some different option, if I chose one of them and after make the recalculate, the value remains the same. I attached some picture in order to understand what i want to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	435
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	5092  
Old 02-19-2018, 10:16 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: ItemList Update Fields

When you click the "Recalculate" button it submits the form to the \XLite\Controller\Admin\Order controller class and runs the doActionRecalculate() method there.

The controller recalculates the values and returns them back to JavaScript (see the displayRecalculateData() and displayRecalculateShippingData() methods).

JavaScript is configured to react on these events and update the page. See these files:
- skins/admin/order/page/info.js
- skins/admin/form_field/inline/select/shipping_method/controller.js

I never tried to add custom fields on that page, but I guess you should a) update the doActionRecalculate() method in the controller and make it return your custom data; b) add a custom JS file that will update the page in a way similar to how existing info.js and controller.js files react on events from the controller.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 02-22-2018, 03:42 AM

Default Re: ItemList Update Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
When you click the "Recalculate" button it submits the form to the \XLite\Controller\Admin\Order controller class and runs the doActionRecalculate() method there.

The controller recalculates the values and returns them back to JavaScript (see the displayRecalculateData() and displayRecalculateShippingData() methods).

JavaScript is configured to react on these events and update the page. See these files:
- skins/admin/order/page/info.js
- skins/admin/form_field/inline/select/shipping_method/controller.js

I never tried to add custom fields on that page, but I guess you should a) update the doActionRecalculate() method in the controller and make it return your custom data; b) add a custom JS file that will update the page in a way similar to how existing info.js and controller.js files react on events from the controller.

I resolved the problem. I get the data from the form submit using \Xlite\Core\Reuquest::getInstance() and I override my old value of that field with data camed form the instance.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)