Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

checking the integrity of the file structure...

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM

X-Guru

Default checking the integrity of the file structure...

Quote:
While checking the integrity of the file structure the following modifications have been for:
/home/checkout/public_html/secure/public/templates/default.css - changed

Are you kidding me? Did a QSA tell you that EVERY SINGLE edit to the css file requires a full approval on the Dashboard page? But the admin logged me out, so I have to go get another PIN. Then reset the page. To change 1 character of css.

This has to be the most asinine thing I've ever seen.

Surely I'm not the first to want a custom payment page? And is this OK that for each edit, we have to go back to the x-payments admin. I would love to see the notice from the QSA telling xcart that this must be done.

#geeks_running_wild_without_human_checks_or_balanc es
Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 PM

Veteran

Default Re: checking the integrity of the file structure...

I think you are up for way more surprises with XPayments
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM

X-Guru

Now that I found the undocumented "lite interface" - I am editing the css and templates because the stock "lite interface" is incomplete and has some fix or else defects.

---> X-payments MUST HAVE a development mode -- every freaking time I edit one character of css, I have to go back to the x-payments dashboard and approve it. Oops. It logged me out. I need another PIN. function(loop until you are ready to toss your computer out the window);

A simple DOCUMENTED switch in the config would save considerable frustration. I can appreciate the security - but while in development mode, we're IP restricted -- it's ok. Really. The site developer knows who has access to the server. Really.

PS -- the iFrame function will be a reasonable compromise (better than no checkout) but it needs a facelift.

And the stock button in the iframe (css) does not behave correctly. Doesn't hover or give any indication to the user. And it's a rectangle (all other xcart buttons are rounded rectangles). Come on. Someone really missed on this.

Off topic for the thead title -- but it's all related. X-payments provided an incomplete iframe payment interface. SO I have to fix it. And every time I edit anything, I have to home run back to the x-payments login with pin and then approve the freaking edit. Every time. Who thinks of this shit?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM

Veteran

I think you are the first one to go so deep into this Everyone else is just not using X-Payments or lives with stock module.

Everything you have mentioned in this and other threads about X-Payments is true so you can see why a regular XC user will not want to deal with it...

Oh and yes it is not easy to work with X-Payments - it's like trying to make IE to obey W3C rules....
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 AM

X-Guru

Steve,

The only reason I am doing this (upgrading from 4.1.9) is because I needed to solve PCI compliance and using paypal was costing me about 40% of my business in lost conversions. And yes, my site needed a visual and functional overhaul too, so 6 years of 4.1.9 was 3 years too long.

X-payments required PHP 5.3 -- so upgrading from php 5.2 to 5.3 was a small journey in and of itself. Documented.
I own an x-payments license, and a VPS server, so my cost of entry was simply an SSL cert.

My gateway (Elavon) does not yet have an iframe solution, so x-payments integrated with iframe is the lesser of the evils. Bill Brewer is making CheckoutOne compatible with xpc iframe this week, so that solves the paypal callback issue... lots of reasons "this is the least evil way to solve the checkout".

Considering xpayments has been on the street for 2 years+ and version 1.0.5 has been out for months gave me false confidence that bugs were squashed and a large enough userbase to understand the challenges...

Didn't expect to be the first to make these discoveries!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM

Veteran

You are probably not the first to hit the wall with this but one of the first to go too deep into it... The others - we just shout words I can't repeat publicly in the forum and try to fit in. QT has developed this already in a certain way - it doesn't matter if they went too far, or their QSA is wrong and make them do it, or it is in reallity required to be that way.... I don't see QT changing how X-Payments works and one of the reasons will be cost - every time they make changes in the way X-Payments works, add/remove/modify payment methods they have to recertified the module - it's costly and takes time

To be fair it is not only QT's fault but also their QSA, PCI-DSS requlations, VISA/MC, scan vendors, banks, etc. you name it. In some areas this is so broad that you can get 100 opinions on it and how it is supposed to work so everyone involved can just interpret it the way it serves them better...

Anyway - bugs and poor design flow - that's all QT. One thing to remember also - QT are developers, coders, they are not desingers.

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
ambal (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 AM

X-Cart team

> Everyone else is just not using X-Payments ...

Well, according to the stats we received from PayPal this statement is a bit wrong

Unfortunately, I can't publish distribution figures per product, but we see steep growth in processing via PayPal&X-Payments.

With regards to design flaws - yes, some of them our fault indeed and I am here to remove as many of them as possible, but we should take in account PA-QSA certification, too. We pay fees for any change that they consider vital. E.g. we added CVV field support for NetRegistry payment gateway integration and it costed us $500. Just a field in a payment form, no other changes.
Many things in X-Payments are caused by PA-DSS certification, too. E.g. we can't remove PIN codes as this is one of the requirements.

With regards to iFrame support for checkout - as I said in other thread here - we are to release improved iFrame for OPC and iFrame for FLC along with improved checkout routine in X-Cart itself. I hope to have this release during winter 2013.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
cherie (11-07-2012)
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM

Advanced Member

I have to chime in here that XPayments is a pain in the ass simply because it kicks you off after a short period of time and you have to log in again (email, password, and new pin). Again and again. Whereas the back end of the store doesn't do this (store admin). Is there any way to increase the time before XPayments kicks you off?
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions