Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The following 'bug' of this module has been haunting me since I've started using it:

The email that is sent to customers, shows the product prices excluding VAT.
That is no problem for customers that don't pay VAT, or haven't entered a country yet, but customers that have entered a country (or that are logged in) it's becoming a big problem.

More and more people are replying to the emails "why is the price higher than it is in the email??" and it starts to feel like I'm cheating them: they've seen the price + VAT on the website, they get an ACR email with the price excluding VAT, click on it and suddenly the price is back to include VAT again.

Every question receives the same answer: I'm sorry but you're in the EU so you have to pay VAT.

It would be great if the ACR module emails prices including VAT if the country of the user is known (and it is in most cases). Could this be added?

Such feature is planned by we don't have any ETA for it yet.

The following user thanks random for this useful post:
herber@wirehub.nl (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 11:25 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Such feature is planned by we don't have any ETA for it yet.
The fact that it's been planned is already great!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 AM

X-Adept

Erm, I've just purchased this and trying to run through the install. On the very first step I get:

Code:
Installing and configuring the module Check patches ... Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/menu_box.tpl ... Hunk #1 succeeded at 17. done Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/home.tpl ... Patches cannot be applied, because the files which are to be patched, have been modified before. Do you want to copy the pre-patched files over the old ones or to cancel the installation?
I don't want it to overwrite a rather heavily modded 4.6.1 but seem to have no way of continuing or instructions to do it manually....do I now have to pay the $99 for an install?

Thanks

Dan

and

Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUK
Erm, I've just purchased this and trying to run through the install. On the very first step I get:

Code:
Installing and configuring the module Check patches ... Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/menu_box.tpl ... Hunk #1 succeeded at 17. done Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/home.tpl ... Patches cannot be applied, because the files which are to be patched, have been modified before. Do you want to copy the pre-patched files over the old ones or to cancel the installation?
I don't want it to overwrite a rather heavily modded 4.6.1 but seem to have no way of continuing or instructions to do it manually....do I now have to pay the $99 for an install?

Thanks

Dan
What instructions do you need to do it manually?

Just patch the file manually by opening the file you need to patch (the home.tpl) end open the patch file & edit what needs to be patched.

If you have a heavily modified X-Cart, you can't expect the installation to work, since, well, you modified the files.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:42 PM

X-Adept

Thanks, I am unfamiliar with X-Cart provided modules and potential deviation from the wizard, I thought that maybe it could only be installed this way asking for the AUTH code etc. With all my mods I've ever had from third party vendors the instructions are explicit telling you the sequence of sql/skin patches etc so there is ,little margin for error.

Thanks though, now I know I can do it that way I'll patch it manually using my common sense and intuition.

Dan

and

Old 12-30-2014, 07:54 AM

X-Adept

OK, part installed now, just waiting on AletredCart to let me know if the last checkout patch can be inserted into their OnePage Checkout.

I notice that the notification email has a 'special link' that, at the moment, takes me to our AlteredCart One Page checkout which does not have the cart on that page so the customer would be buying blind, so to speak. Can the 'special link' take the customer to the cart instead?

Thanks

Dan

and

Old 12-30-2014, 01:17 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUK
OK, part installed now, just waiting on AletredCart to let me know if the last checkout patch can be inserted into their OnePage Checkout.

I notice that the notification email has a 'special link' that, at the moment, takes me to our AlteredCart One Page checkout which does not have the cart on that page so the customer would be buying blind, so to speak. Can the 'special link' take the customer to the cart instead?

Thanks

Dan
The special link contains info that will retrieve the correct items from the database & add them to the cart, whether the customer is logged in or not.

Just linking to the cart without that 'special' info would just show an empty cart for most if not all not-logged in customers, so it would undo the entire effect of the link. Altered Cart would probably need to be compatible with that in order for this to work. You'd have to ask Altered Cart.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 PM

X-Adept

Thanks, that makes sense...annoyingly. In hindsight I should have purchased AlteredCart's Deluxe Tools but missed that part of the functionality until after I had purchased the abandoned cart mod....

and

Old 01-18-2015, 09:44 PM

X-Adept

We are using Alterdcart Onsale module for offer and promotions.When I define any offer from on sale and sent abandoned cart notifications.But that on sale price is not showing in abandoned cart email.How to send On sale price if offer exist in abandoned cart email?
Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Veteran

WARNING!!!

If installing the 4.6.6 version for this module - DO NOT blindly copy the module's files to your cart. Instead go through every directory of the module and copy ONLY module's files. The distributive package of this module contains XC core files which if you just copy/paste will overwrite existing XC stock files. So any other modules or modifications you have made to these files will be lost:
func.order.php
home.tpl
menu_box.tpl

This now is good enough to ruin my day from early in the morning.

QT - DID ANYONE TESTED THIS BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED OR WE ARE NOW JUST GETTING MODULES OUT TO SCREW UP XC CLASSIC ?

Again - DO NOT follow the module's installation instructions. Do manual installation and carefully examine the files.

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
Mr. G (07-20-2016)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements