Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Add Manufacturer in Product Detail Page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-04-2009, 03:47 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Add Manufacturer in Product Detail Page

I don't know much about CDSEO, but if it can work with the regular manufacturer page then it should work with this. It is only a link.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 AM

My manufacturers.php does not work. I think Jon removed/blocked it when installing CDSEO. Before it led to all manufacturers, but after CDSEO it's not listing anyting, instead I get a 404. Unfortunately I have this one in my bread crumb. It's blocked in the drop down list but not in bread crumb where it gives a 404. And the above piece of code uses manufacturers.php

<a href="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid={$product.m anufacturerid}"><b>{$product.manufacturer}</b></a>

I reckon that has something to do with it.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash
My manufacturers.php does not work. I think Jon removed/blocked it when installing CDSEO.

This doesn't make sense. If your manufacturers doesn't work there is no point in enabling the module at all. I have my doubts about Jon "removing or blocking" it, as it is an integral module in x-cart and would make CDSEO pretty useless without it functioning.

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 AM

They work, just not the link manufacturers.php. I have the CDSEO so it says manufacturer instead of the .php. It rewrites all my manufacturers/brands, just not the manufacturers.php which gets a 404. It's not clickable in my search.tpl. I think Jon made sure of that. But I have it in my breadcrumb which I am trying to locate now. If a customer would click on the manufacturer in the breadcrumb thinking they would get back to the manufacturer page for that particular manufacturer they will get a 404. It would also be in the above code. It seems I would need some tweeking to make it work. Like I said, I get a 404 for the above code, stating it cannot find the manufacturers.php.

I have this in my search.tpl

{* WCM - Modified for CDSEO Compatibility *}
<form name="formManufacturer">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td style="padding-top:7px">
<select name="listManufacturer" onchange="window.location=this.options[selectedIndex].value" style="height:20px; width:132px">
<option value="">{$lng.botton_brands}</option>
{section name=mid loop=$manufacturers_menu}
<option value="{$http_location}/{$cdseo_manu}/{$manufacturers_menu[mid].cdseo_url}/"{if $manufacturers_menu[mid].manufacturerid eq $manufacturer.manufacturerid} selected{/if}>{$manufacturers_menu[mid].manufacturer|truncate:20:"...":true}</option>
{/section}
</select>

Perhaps I could try to add the below, or part of it to:
<option value="{$http_location}/{$cdseo_manu}/{$manufacturers_menu[mid].cdseo_url}/"{if $manufacturers_menu[mid].manufacturerid eq $manufacturer.manufacturerid} selected{/if}>

to this:
a href="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid={$product.m anufacturerid}">{$product.manufacturer}</a

Any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
Code:
{if $product.manufacturer ne ""} Other products from <a href="manufacturers.php?manufacturerid={$product.manufacturerid}"><b>{$product.manufacturer}</b></a> {/if}

This works perfectly in v4.4, in product_details.tpl

The following user thanks inteliboy1 for this useful post:
chris.ath (07-21-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM

eXpert

I am looking for something similar.. I would like to include the provider company name after the product title (i.e. product name by provider company name).. is it possible? Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to figure out how to do this?

Altered Cart: One Page Checkout, OnSale, Buy Together, Download Expander, Smart Search, Shop by Filters
Gahela: Gahela Support System
The xCart Store: xBanners, xAccess, xMenus
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapOrchard
I am looking for something similar.. I would like to include the provider company name after the product title (i.e. product name by provider company name).. is it possible? Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to figure out how to do this?

What do you mean by "provider company name", is it not the "manufacturer"? The term "manufacturer" can be modified to display whatever you want to call it, including "provider company".

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM

eXpert

Quote:
What do you mean by "provider company name", is it not the "manufacturer"? The term "manufacturer" can be modified to display whatever you want to call it, including "provider company".

Correct. We have a special mod that allows us to add 1 instance of a product (under a separate Provider account) and place it in two Manufacturer's stores.. it's kind of complicated.

So I would like to include what is entered into the Company Field of the Provider account; not the manufacturer.

Altered Cart: One Page Checkout, OnSale, Buy Together, Download Expander, Smart Search, Shop by Filters
Gahela: Gahela Support System
The xCart Store: xBanners, xAccess, xMenus
Old 07-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
What if you are the manufacturer, and all you sell are your own products? X-cart code is bloated enough without checking first to see if there is a manufacturer, and then determining which manufacturer is associated with the product. You should be able to add it with some custom template editiing, but it should definitely not be a default.

I have played with 4.2 a little, but have not tried to do what you ask. It should be fairly straight forward to just add the extra field and put the link in it, if that is what you want to do.

Have you looked at the manufacturers module to see if you can call some of the variables in there to achieve what you want?

Just another example of how user unfriendly x-cart really is and that you would need a programmer to get this done.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 PM

gosh, here I am a year later finding my own post still trying to find a solution.....

One of these days I am going to write a post with all the reasons why x-cart has to be one of the most ridiculous eCommerce platforms out there: programmers delight but a complete nightmare from a business viewpoint...
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design