Old 12-16-2003, 03:38 PM

X-Wizard

You're right, Bob Marley had other songs., he, he

At least you understand the message.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 12-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Default showpage.php edits for XCart 3.5 Gold

Hi there,

First, great little tool. I'm using XCart 3.5 Gold and had to go through some editing steps in order to get it working, but things seem to be ok now.

That being said, I ran into a problem with showpage.php. At the top of the file, you have:

Code:
require "../smarty.php"; require "../config.php"; @include "./https.php"; require "./auth.php"; require "../include/categories.php";

To start, I had to alter this code to:

Code:
@include "./https.php"; require "./auth.php"; require "../include/categories.php";

...to comply with earlier changes to cmsmaker.php and cmsmanager.php to make those XCart 3.5 Gold compliant. However, I ended up with a blank page - just blank white page, nothing on it. So then I started removing stuff.

Code:
require "./auth.php"; require "../include/categories.php";

...is what I ended up with before the page finally showed up.

a) anybody else have this problem?
b) what have I lost by removing that https redirect code? (Note: I'm relatively new to X-Cart, but I've got a good background in PHP so X-Cart's been a quick learn)

Also, on another note, someone was talking about integrating the Rich Text Editior (RTE), that MS Word interface, into the Product Description field on the Product Modify page.

I can't speak for the RTE you used, but I integrated another free RTE called SPAW - http://www.solmetra.com/en/disp.php/en_products/en_spaw/en_spaw_about. - into my Modify Product form for the long description field.

It was a bit of a hack. Rather than implement it as a PHP script, as the documentation suggests, I just took the resulting HTML that the PHP script generates and put that into my /main/product_modify.tpl file, and I had to modify the resulting HTML a bit to prevent some javascript errors from showing up, as well as modify the smarty tag that is in the original code so that SPAW would read it correctly (removed the replace and escape commands) but the results were pretty slick.

The RTE in your CMS is good because it's all contained in a single *.js file, but SPAW has a number of extra features (target image directories/libraries located on your server for users to insert, allow uploading of images to those directories by users using the RTE, tie in to your site stylesheet, customize style/font/font-size drop downs, etc) that are quite useful. Maybe you might want to consider integrating it into version 2 of your CMS, but that requires more configuration time and more files, so that would make the CMS a little more complex to install.

Anyways, thanks for this add on, quite useful. Looking forward to version 2. And any info on problems that might arise from my showpage.php edits would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stephen Scholtz / blue*spark development team
Old 12-18-2003, 08:53 AM

Advanced Member

I have not tried to Intergrate my old system (XCartCMS) into 3.5 but thank you for posting the information.

In loosing https is used when you are moving to a secure server and helps process that and keeps it all nice and clean. What I would suggest is look at one of the other PHP's in the customer folder. As an example search.php and have a look at what that is including in the head of the script for Requires.

If it matches what you have in showpage.php then great. If not try the set of scripts the REQUIRE and see if that works for you. That way you are keeping a consistant set of code and calls to functions which may help stability.

Also the new system I am using is SPAW for HTML editing I have also intergrated a descriptions modifier for the Product Full Description and Short Description inside Total CMS so that you can link from the main product_modify across to this to do all the editing required. (may make life easier).

Old 12-18-2003, 08:54 AM

Advanced Member

Just a quick update on general Progress.

I now a website system generated by Smarty for easier use and fluid design kinda like PHP-Nuke but much simpler it will allow for modules to be developed and custom code easily while allowing a fluid design structure. I am also going to duplicate this system but use the X-Cart framework and Smarty code as well for X-Cart users. Again al managed from one interface.

New site is almost done (for demo purposes) and will be reset every hour. Hopefully done by the weekend!

Old 12-18-2003, 08:54 AM

Advanced Member

Double Posted... Dammit
Old 12-26-2003, 12:41 PM

Default can this be used on litecommerce?

Great job...can this be used in litecommerce? and if so were would I upload it to...the same as xcart?or is this a editor like the windows editor for litecommerce but for xcart...?
Old 12-27-2003, 10:00 AM

Advanced Member

Default LiteCommerce

I have not used Lite Commerce yet and have not looked at the system. However because of the way I am developing this it will be easy to add a module that does deal specifically with Lite Commerce. Most of the functions will work directly with it though. Literally you can edit anything online easily so if it is using templates, static pages etc no problem. I will have to investigate Lite Commerce further to see if I will develop a module in the Short Term that deals with the system directly.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 PM

bluespark - I had the same problem... but used the fix as you suggested.

Works quite well now - thanks for the post http://www.eastbaymuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/patriot.gif

edit: well, it works on the embedded full page... I still can't seem to get this mod to work on the side panels though. v3.5.0
Old 01-09-2004, 11:13 AM

Advanced Member

Default TOTAL CMS ALMOST READY

Hi All!

Well its almost ready. It has taken a lot longer than I thought as this little project turned into a monster!

I am pretty much just wrapping up some last minute features for the base CMS system and creating a website demo and an actual dedicated website for this product and all the modules. I am also trying to make this developer friendly so all the great coders out here can intergrate thier modules directly into the Total CMS / X-Cart framework.

One new feature I am adding is a special batch processor which is ideal for people who have large numbers of products.

Batch processes include:
  • Batch Price Updater
    Batch Shipping Adjustment ( Free Shipping on and off )
    Batch Delete Products

I have also built a section editor which is damned useful for clients who want to edit their own pages. You can assign single LINES or BLOCKS of the page for editing so they don't have to edit the entire page. This iwll save website / cart developers doing little changes that take up precious time.

Anyway, as soon as its all ready I will let everyone know...

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions