Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by designguru
Yeah, I wanted to ask about the cron job too but if we set up 10 new items daily and want to send the newsletter shortly after then the links are not generated that fast.

I understand. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Is a version for x-cart 5 going to be available any time soon? I have a version 4 but want to upgrade.

If not is there a way to export the current info into 5 do you know please?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:35 AM

X-Guru

We have no plans for XC5 at this time.

Yes it would be possible to write CDSEO urls to XC5; it would require some custom sql statements.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:08 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
We have no plans for XC5 at this time.

Hi Jon,

Do you mind clarifying the above as do you have no immediate short to mid term plans for CDSO Pro, or is it not on the cards at all?

As a must have module it would affect my decision if I was going to move to XC5

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 AM

Advanced Member

That's a real shame, thanks for the reply.

How would I go about getting hold of the custom sql commands please? It would be great to know what to do until you update for version 5.

I take it this will happen one day as version 4 will become obsolete one day in the future and people like me who want to learn the new system will surely want this module?
Old 07-06-2014, 10:40 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi Jon,

Do you mind clarifying the above as do you have no immediate short to mid term plans for CDSO Pro, or is it not on the cards at all?

As a must have module it would affect my decision if I was going to move to XC5

Thanks in advance.

Whether I build for XC5 will depend on how X-Cart evolves over the next 6-months to a 1-year. Right now in my mind XC5 is simply not where it needs to be and the trajectory isn't looking great either and the user base is expectedly lacking.

Qualiteam has asked for my feedback and I will be making a blog post later this month about what I think needs to happen to XC5 to be a platform that I would chose to develop on, and after that I will see how it develops.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyscott
That's a real shame, thanks for the reply.

How would I go about getting hold of the custom sql commands please? It would be great to know what to do until you update for version 5.

I take it this will happen one day as version 4 will become obsolete one day in the future and people like me who want to learn the new system will surely want this module?

SQL statements (or a PHP script) would need to be custom written. Any knowledgeable developer would be capable of copying the field in the wcm_cdseo table to the correlating field in the XC5 table. I'm working on the launch of our new company site and CDSEO v2.0 which will both launch on July 21 so simply don't have the availability to write it at the moment.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:30 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply, fair enough, I will do it manually, trying to find a decent developer is not easy in my experience.

Which is why I moving to XC5, I understand the logic and the docs that go with it, that was always the problem I had with previous version too complicated for me to work with myself.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:58 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I'm working on the launch of our new company site and CDSEO v2.0 which will both launch on July 21

Nice. Looking forward to the launch. Thanks for the update Jon.

Altered Cart - Checkout One
Altered Cart - Checkout One Payments
Altered Cart - Cash Rewards
Altered Cart - On Sale

Smack Digital - CDSEO
Smack Digital - CDSEO Rich Snippets
Smack Digital - xCMS

The xCart Store - xBanners2

Star Plugins - Cloud Zoom

Heavily Customized by Starts Here Ltd. (UK)
Old 07-18-2014, 03:02 PM

X-Guru

I've created a new thread for CDSEO v2.0:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=69618
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4