Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Default Re: no xml sitemap

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza
Just launched a 4.6.1 site, with CDSEO 1.9.6.

In Admin / CDSEO / Modules, there is no link under modules to create an xml sitemap. The 3 other cdseo modules are there, but not the sitemap link.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks to Jon from WebsiteCM (CDSEO) for fixing my problem. I guess security settings in my database were preventing the sitemap installer to work. Jon ran the patch from within phpMyAdmin and got it working for me.

Great service Jon!

The following user thanks costanza for this useful post:
Jon (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfigure
i really like the module. our main site description is not used by google. how can i set another one with CDSEO? usually google takes the welcome text which is replaced by an image slider on my page

Your main meta description will come from the X-Cart Admin -> General Settings -> SEO settings.

If Google isn't using the text entered it is likely because they think there is text that is more relevant to the person performing the search and will show that instead. You can find more information if you search Google for: Google not using meta description.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:42 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Upgrading our store but can't install the normal CDSEO we had running? Using 4.6.x now, thanks
Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 AM

X-Guru

CDSEO is compatible with 4.6.x but you may need to be sure you are on the latest version which 1.9.6. You can upgrade and/or view the changelog at http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/cdseo-pro-x-cart-seo.html#tab8

Jon Peters
Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Hi Jon,

I'm using CDSEO on an old x-cart version 4.08.

We've deleted some static pages/categories/etc and although it does redirect to "http://www.ourwebsite.com/error_message.php?page_not_found", the header response shows as "302 Moved Temporarily".

On our settings page, "Redirect disabled items to homepage when no custom disabled redirect specified" is Disabled.

We need the header response to be "404 Not Found".

Any suggestions?

If necessary, I'll pay to have this fixed.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 12-11-2013, 02:48 PM

X-Guru

If you disable them then you can use CDSEO to 301 redirect them.

If you delete them then X-Cart's default functionality is to 302 redirect them. You have to go into various files with edits to change this functionality. It might be better to just write 301 redirects into your .htaccess

Redirect 301 /old-page.html http://www.example.com/new-page/
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response.

That's the issue... I DO NOT want 301/302 redirects on deleted pages/categories/etc. I want them to show as 404 (Not Found).

If this is something you could code, please PM me with a price quote.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1day2004
I want them to show as 404 (Not Found).
Curiosity is killing this cat. Sorry to be nosy but why do you want 404?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following 2 users thank totaltec for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (12-11-2013), elmirage001 (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 06:20 PM

X-Guru

Technically they are 404's and should return 404's. Unfortunately X-Cart does not do this.

The pages are served through pages.php, product.php, etc. which are files that exist so don't throw 404's by default. To change this requires modifying the core code to find where the redirect or message occurs and changing the code to output a 404 header with an accompanying message. I've done this for clients prior but don't have the code at hand and am current booked through till summer sorry!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 PM

Ok, thanks.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4