Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: USPS Shipping Label Addon for X-Cart

I'm having a problem with 1.2... i did contact him a couple days ago too without a response. perhaps he is just out on vacation?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
Contact Nate and ask. http://workingmansoftware.com/contact.php

There isn't much "support" needed. We've been running it flawlessly for quite some time now and I can't express enough how much of a godsend it is.

My only problem is that I think i will need a small mod. I have a custom order status of "Ready for Shipping" that i use when a product is ready to be shipped. So instead of all "Processed" orders showing up to be hipped I want to have it modified so my customer order status is used instead.

Do you know if this a variable in the program? I havn't even downloaded the trial version yet as I did not want to waste time installing if I could not modify the code for this.

It looks like a HUGE time saver.....
Old 03-17-2008, 04:33 PM

eXpert

Anyone hear from Nate? Is he alive? I sent an email a few weeks back and called, and left messages then emailed and nothing. Perhaps email issues?

Nate, if you're reading this -- your 1.x software expired today, please tell me why because after you published some info a while back, you said it would not and today it has. Second, I installed your new 2.0x version, I will need to know if that will expire also because your site doesn't say so.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Will
Old 03-18-2008, 04:08 AM

eXpert

I have not heard from Nate. I emailed him several weeks ago. I hope all is well.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Just a note to Will - I did re-activate your 1.x version until 2018. It should not expire again until that date. I'm not sure if my mails are going through to you because I have responded to a couple of issues from you.

However... (I'll address some business concerns - long response times in a separate post).

Thanks,
--Nate
Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthonormal
Just a note to Will - I did re-activate your 1.x version until 2018. It should not expire again until that date. I'm not sure if my mails are going through to you because I have responded to a couple of issues from you.

However... (I'll address some business concerns - long response times in a separate post).

Thanks,
--Nate

I have received your two responses from yesterdays emails. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:59 PM

WorkingMan Software Update/Status/Apology

Folks,

I have been slow to respond to things recently and for that I apologize. I took a consulting job that has been very lucrative for me and with my family being my primary concern, I simply have not had the time to respond to support requests in a timely manner. That said, I expect to resolve that shortly (read below for the plan).

I worked really hard to make version 2.0 easy to install and to try and lower my support obligation. As a programmer, I don't like to do support and the truth is that I only created this software because when I was a store owner, I hated to fill out shipping labels. It was costly and a waste of time. I never expected to start a business based around it. After doing this for a while, I've realized that I'm going to have to start a "real" business around it because it's simply impossible in the X-Cart system to make something that just "works". I attempted to do that with version 2.0 but because X-Cart is "customizable", about 50% of all users require large amounts of support (far more support that can be justified at a $99.95 price). If X-Cart had some sort of "customization" or "module" system that really worked (ie: like WordPress does), it might be possible to have a piece of software that just "runs out of the box". With the current (and forseeable future of) X-Cart, it has become apparent to me that there will be a large support obligation.

So, I'm going to do a few things to try and create a business that meets the user needs better and allows for faster support.

Here is my plan:

1) Improved Support - I'll be adding a forum to my site where users can exchange information and discuss issues. There will also be an area for feature requests. I'm also going to hire my friend, Pat Mooney, to be in charge of support. He'll answer all questions about the software and elevate questions to me that haven't been answered previously. In addition, he'll moderate the forum to cut down on cross posting and to organize the questions/answers and route people to the proper solutions.

It will take about 2 weeks to get Pat up to speed and to get the forum installed and running the way we want it. My hope is that this will help people share knowledge and provide a repository of questions and answers that can help people help themselves.

We haven't worked out our phone support options. We may not offer phone support since it is extraordinarily time consuming and doesn't work well if the support technician doesn't understand every aspect of the software (which Pat won't for a while).

2) Before August 1, I'll offer an open-source version of the module. It will follow the X-Cart tradition that you can personally modify or extend the software, but you can't re-sell it. You can sell extensions to it.

Unfortunately, my code is not designed for open source style distribution. The code is very complex since it deals with upgrade paths from all of my previous versions and supports multiple versions of X-Cart. Additionally, I wrote it to be one giant piece of code so that the user can upgrade easily. It will take some time to get the code into a state that is usable by 3rd party programmers, so please be patient.

My hope is with these changes, my company will do a better job of getting you usable code in a timely manner.

Also, if anyone wants to make some money, we are working on a re-seller version that gives 25% of each sale to the re-seller. If you are interested, email support and we'll get you started.

Thanks,
--Nate
Old 03-21-2008, 04:50 AM

eXpert

Nate,

my web site VogueWear.com has expired again. To say the least "this is now costing me money" because I am wasting a lot of time. It seems ImposterCity.com is fine but its just voguewear. Please send me a file or do something where this software is not Dependant on your server or you having to set a timer. This is really annoying.

I am sending this through x-cart and your email because I am not sure which you check.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.workingmansoftware.com/wm_header.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /usr/home/workingman/public_workingman_mambo/client/skins/default/header.php on line 3
Your License has Expired
Scenarios for an Expired License:
1) The allotted valid license period has expired

If you feel that this error is invalid, please contact the software vendor.
< Powered by http://PHPAudit.com >

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.workingmansoftware.com/m_footer.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /usr/home/workingman/public_workingman_mambo/client/skins/default/footer.php on line 4
Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 AM

eXpert

I am still waiting. I can not print orders - what is the hold up? Do you need me to pay you to get this running for me? It seems this is the reason you lack service because you feel your time is worth too much to serve others.

I need you to fix the expiration notice yet again for VogueWear.com PLEASE and send your bill to info@voguewear.com using papal and I will pay for YOUR TIME, whatever it may be.

This is highly frustrating and you're not cooperating in a timely manner despite my continuous effort. I've sent you two emails, once last week and another today and I'm sure you get these notices from x-cart so you should not have any excuses.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:26 AM

eXpert

Nate,

Any news on your new support plan implementation?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4