Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarcare
Where did you have the photos stored before? file system or database?

Look at admin settings -> image location

The photo stored in file system
Old 08-11-2012, 09:43 AM

The changelog says Paypal Advanced has been added, but I can't find it anywhere. I looked in both the X-Cart payment methods and the X-Payments configurations but it's not showing up anywhere. How do I enable Paypal Advanced?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Veteran

It's under PayPal - if you add PP as payment method and click on configure
Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
I can't believe QT would do this. Yes, my altered cart 'on sale' causes the same errors.
Com'on QT! Altered cart has been making great mods for several years making xcart usable. Don.t steal their name and making it useless. You won't have 3rd party developers left if you do this.

Are you freakin' kidding me? QT made a mod with the same name as a mod made by AlteredCart? I purchased AC's OnSale and plan to use it with 4.5.2. Are you telling me I can't now?
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 08-11-2012, 07:47 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Do you have X-Payment template set to "lite"?
X-Payments->Online store details->Template-> lite

I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but I plan to use the Quantum Gateway inline frame payment method with 4.5.2. It is supposed to be supported by X-Cart and it isn't supposed to require X-Payments.

I'm seeing many people having issues with inline frame payment methods, but I think those I saw discussing it were using X-Payments. Has anyone tried the Quantum inline frame with X-Cart 4.5.2?
USA
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 PM

Anyone here having the same issue as me?
Upgraded from 4.5.1, Lexity works fine but the chat.
I get no pop-up on user side, no matter if the machine is on the same network or not. Any idea?
Furthermore, no thumbnail shows.

EDIT: updating the code with the one provided by lexity in service_head fixes a bunch of things but then it's not a freebie, they ask for $$$

terrajaponica.com
Old 08-15-2012, 01:11 AM

X-Adept

Exclamation Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

The 'add to cart popup' module doesn't show the correct price if you've got wholesale prices on.

E.g you add a product that's 20 dollars, but if they buy 2-3 and the price drops to 15 dollars, it shows that they've been charged 20 dollars but the total on the right hand side is correct, just looks miss leading on the left hand side.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
Are you freakin' kidding me? QT made a mod with the same name as a mod made by AlteredCart? I purchased AC's OnSale and plan to use it with 4.5.2. Are you telling me I can't now?

I asked about this issue in a thread about AC's On Sale mod (the thread frequented by Bill from AC). Bill answered here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=344402#post344402. He is aware of the issue and made changes to his mod so it will work with 4.5.2 and up.

Now I apologize in advance, but I'm just going to have to go on a rant here. QT, this was just a thoroughly rotten thing for you to do. Your new mod with the name "On Sale" is nothing like AC's "On Sale" mod. In fact, quite frankly, your On Sale mod is a joke by comparison. I basically did the same thing in my live 4.1.8 store by adding a category called On Sale and placing sale items in that category. Your mod has a couple more minor bells and whistles, but it does nothing to allow users to create actual sales like AC's mod does.

I don't have anything against QT's mods in general. I've used X-Cart for years and, thus far, the only mod you have offered that was of any use to me was Special Offers (I note here that I actually purchased that mod before you made it part of the standard package). If you make other mods that are of use to me, I will gladly purchase them. However, many of us need certain capabilities and sometimes find what we need from third-party developers such as BCS and AC. I realize QT doesn't make money from the mods we buy from these other developers, but these other developers promote X-Cart and let potential X-Cart users know they can find affordable add-ons that make X-Cart work even better. For instance, I like to offer USPS Media Mail as a shipping option in my store, but I can't use it if the customer's order includes any non-media items. BCS had just what I needed to assign shipping methods to products and then give the customer only those methods applicable to all items in their orders. I probably would not have purchased X-Cart if not for that mod made by BCS.

Furthermore, this was just a rotten thing to do to loyal X-Cart users. You can't tell me you didn't realize many of us use AC's On Sale mod. There are many threads and posts here showing users asking about that mod and recommending it. Why would you do something that prohibits us from using that mod? You could have given your mod the same name, but addressed it differently within the code (e.g., OnSale rather than On_Sale) so it wouldn't interfere with the existing AC mod. I'd really like to know your reasoning here because it just seems like a mean and sneaky thing for you to do.

Over the last couple of years or so (beginning with stealing support points from longtime users' accounts), your attitude toward us and your level of service have really gone downhill. This new mod is just one more thing in a long line of slaps in the face. I really like X-Cart and it's still a very good deal compared to most other carts, but this lack-of-service trend is troubling to say the least.

Anyway, I apologize again for my rant. This duplicate mod name really hit a nerve with me, though. I repeat that it was a really rotten thing for QT to do, both to its customers and to the third-party developers that promote X-Cart and make it usable to a wider range of businesses.

Lastly, a big thanks to Bill Brewer at AC for acting on this issue right away. QT could take a lesson in good customer service from Mr. Brewer.
USA

The following 2 users thank jillsybte for this useful post:
Ana (08-16-2012), christindall (11-30-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymwuwu
Here is a picture show no Moneybooker iFrame integration for the X-Cart 4.5.2

http://www.hd-plex.com/moneybooker.jpg
Thanks.

Larry

I am sorry for the confusion.

Moneybookers iFrame integration is NOT available out-of-box in X-Cart, unfortunately.

Moneybookers iFrame integration is only available as a free add-on module for X-Cart 4.3.2 and 4.4.2 versions:

* http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Moneybookers
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart

The following user thanks seyfin for this useful post:
qualiteam (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
I asked about this issue in a thread about AC's On Sale mod (the thread frequented by Bill from AC). Bill answered here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=344402#post344402. He is aware of the issue and made changes to his mod so it will work with 4.5.2 and up.

Now I apologize in advance, but I'm just going to have to go on a rant here. QT, this was just a thoroughly rotten thing for you to do. Your new mod with the name "On Sale" is nothing like AC's "On Sale" mod. In fact, quite frankly, your On Sale mod is a joke by comparison. I basically did the same thing in my live 4.1.8 store by adding a category called On Sale and placing sale items in that category. Your mod has a couple more minor bells and whistles, but it does nothing to allow users to create actual sales like AC's mod does.

I don't have anything against QT's mods in general. I've used X-Cart for years and, thus far, the only mod you have offered that was of any use to me was Special Offers (I note here that I actually purchased that mod before you made it part of the standard package). If you make other mods that are of use to me, I will gladly purchase them. However, many of us need certain capabilities and sometimes find what we need from third-party developers such as BCS and AC. I realize QT doesn't make money from the mods we buy from these other developers, but these other developers promote X-Cart and let potential X-Cart users know they can find affordable add-ons that make X-Cart work even better. For instance, I like to offer USPS Media Mail as a shipping option in my store, but I can't use it if the customer's order includes any non-media items. BCS had just what I needed to assign shipping methods to products and then give the customer only those methods applicable to all items in their orders. I probably would not have purchased X-Cart if not for that mod made by BCS.

Furthermore, this was just a rotten thing to do to loyal X-Cart users. You can't tell me you didn't realize many of us use AC's On Sale mod. There are many threads and posts here showing users asking about that mod and recommending it. Why would you do something that prohibits us from using that mod? You could have given your mod the same name, but addressed it differently within the code (e.g., OnSale rather than On_Sale) so it wouldn't interfere with the existing AC mod. I'd really like to know your reasoning here because it just seems like a mean and sneaky thing for you to do.

Over the last couple of years or so (beginning with stealing support points from longtime users' accounts), your attitude toward us and your level of service have really gone downhill. This new mod is just one more thing in a long line of slaps in the face. I really like X-Cart and it's still a very good deal compared to most other carts, but this lack-of-service trend is troubling to say the least.

Anyway, I apologize again for my rant. This duplicate mod name really hit a nerve with me, though. I repeat that it was a really rotten thing for QT to do, both to its customers and to the third-party developers that promote X-Cart and make it usable to a wider range of businesses.

Lastly, a big thanks to Bill Brewer at AC for acting on this issue right away. QT could take a lesson in good customer service from Mr. Brewer.

These were exactly my thoughts when I saw the issue with the On Sale module. Why code it with the exact same as the AC module knowing so many people use it?

Thanks for the rant, Jill, it saved me a lot of typing and I second your motion.

X-Cart 4.4.4
MySQL 5.0.92
Apache/2.0.64 (Unix)
PHP 5.3.6
CentOS 5.5

MODS:
Template Mela- Theme XCT010002
Altered Cart- CheckoutOne
BCS Engineering- Back In Stock Notification
X-Cart Mods- Thumbnail Candy
X-Cart Mods-Advanced Shop Closed
Google Site Search