Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

I just would like to say a special thank you to Nikita who fixed this bug so promptly for us and assisted us with a quick customisation.

Excellent support - thank you

The following user thanks BBM_ for this useful post:
qualiteam (03-06-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Unhappy Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

i'm trying cloud search and it is very powerful, but it misses (or i don't know how to do) a VERY important feature for me.

i WANT to "pilot" search result, i'm a merchant and search could be a powerful way to guide customer.

search engine is very powerful but it is too "honest"
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc2
i'm trying cloud search and it is very powerful, but it misses (or i don't know how to do) a VERY important feature for me.

i WANT to "pilot" search result, i'm a merchant and search could be a powerful way to guide customer.

search engine is very powerful but it is too "honest"

Thank you for your feedback. Do you mean you need a way to promote some products (categories, brands, pages?) to users entering specific search queries? This sounds to me like an interesting feature, let's discuss it.
Qualiteam Software Limited.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Thank you for your feedback. Do you mean you need a way to promote some products (categories, brands, pages?) to users entering specific search queries? This sounds to me like an interesting feature, let's discuss it.

yes i think it's the most important feature.

i sell food supplements, if a customer search a specific product, ok search must show it as first result, but if he search a generic keyword (i.e. fat burners) i wish to have the option to show him what i want show.
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 AM

Not sure how you separate specific product from generic keyword (CloudSearch goes far beyond from mere 1:1 product name matching).

Anyway you should understand that in order to include such a feature into the main CloudSearch distribution, it should be generally useful, not only suit your particular use cases.

Another option is to take advantage of our custom development service. This option will take much less time to make this feature available to you since I already have other interesting features to be included in the next release.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Not sure how you separate specific product from generic keyword (CloudSearch goes far beyond from mere 1:1 product name matching).

Anyway you should understand that in order to include such a feature into the main CloudSearch distribution, it should be generally useful, not only suit your particular use cases.

Another option is to take advantage of our custom development service. This option will take much less time to make this feature available to you since I already have other interesting features to be included in the next release.

we are merchants, not a public bilbioteque which need a mere "honest" search.

search MUST be first of all, a powerful marketing tool.

if a customer searches "IPHONE" ok search must shows related items, but if the customer search "smartphone" i want decide what to show to customer.

more the keyword is generic higher should be the option to pilot customer choice.

BTW: due my cloudsearch hates me and always shows the less important (and less sold) items in my store , where i can find some documentation on how cloudsearch works, in order to improve product description?
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnc2
we are merchants, not a public bilbioteque which need a mere "honest" search.

search MUST be first of all, a powerful marketing tool.

if a customer searches "IPHONE" ok search must shows related items, but if the customer search "smartphone" i want decide what to show to customer.

more the keyword is generic higher should be the option to pilot customer choice.

BTW: due my cloudsearch hates me and always shows the less important (and less sold) items in my store , where i can find some documentation on how cloudsearch works, in order to improve product description?

Thank you for clarifying your point. This feature is still being considered as a candidate, I will be able to give a more specific answer after I finish work on the upcoming release (it will include CloudSearch admin area dashboard and search statistics).

Other CloudSearch users are more than welcome to give their feedback on if it is valuable and useful feature for them.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying your point. This feature is still being considered as a candidate, I will be able to give a more specific answer after I finish work on the upcoming release (it will include CloudSearch admin area dashboard and search statistics).

Other CloudSearch users are more than welcome to give their feedback on if it is valuable and useful feature for them.

As a merchant, I want to help my customers find the most appropriate item for their search as well -- but I believe good content is most important. And cloudsearch will return results based on content.

I use static pages with links to specific targeted products, as well as category page content. This is in addition to product detail pages.

We can't depend on our customers using search - but when they do, I am very satisfied with cloudsearch.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM

X-Adept

i think the results should be ordered from bestsellers/page views of product from search query, i believe this information is already stored in the database and should be used to display the most relevant results

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Thank you guys for your comments.

I'm going to introduce the new release of CloudSearch (1.2.0), and I see three reasons why it is an important release. First, it finally has secure admin area dashboard. I think it is a good foundation for future versions since it allows to easily introduce new configuration options and even interfaces without modifying connector code. CloudSearch module settings go cloud too, in other words Second, this dashboard will show some general information about your account, products in the search index and other info. It should help new users to figure out what's what. Last but not least, hopefully search results statistics will make CloudSearch a useful tool to see what your customers are searching for. It shows top search queries along with the searches that were issued by customers frequently, but did not return anything.

Please see this demo screenshot to get an idea of how it will look like. Please note that we don't have much statistics data yet (it started gathering less than a day ago).

Installation instructions. Extract the archive and copy the files over your existing (please pay attention to your modified css, back it up if you have one). Then run the install-cloudsearch.php installer, clear X-Cart's cache and that's all there is to it. You should see the dashboard at the module settings page.

You can get the module distribution in the file area or via this link. Please note that it is only available for 4.4.x-4.5.x at the moment. Version for older X-Cart editions will be available shortly.

The following 3 users thank NikitaP for this useful post:
anandat (04-17-2013), carpeperdiem (04-17-2013), elaine (04-17-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements