Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

John,

Building my new website and have already installed WordPress as it needs a blog. I then realized that the integration between X-Cart and WP is not great and I want to make sure that my site structure and tools can work on blog pages, same as product pages, same as static pages. Soooo, I have multiple questions:

1) If I use CDSEO and XCMS together, will the blog pages be treated like static pages.
2) Does the XCMS use the same MySQL database as X-Cart or is it an entirely different one?
3) Will the search utility work for blog pages as well as product pages as well as static pages?
4) I bought CDSEO in the past for my website www.trezora.com and was able to configure my URL to look like www.trezora.com/category/subcat1/subcat2/product. Do I now need Category SEO Map to do this?
5) I would like for my static and blog pages to also follow the same structure as described in 4 for products. Is that possible with the latest versions of these modules?
6) Is the advanced breadcrumb mod necessary or has X-cart improved that in 4.6?

Many questions, but appreciate the help.

Finally, I realize that CDSEO for 4.6 will not be ready until the end of the month, but will you still be running your combo deals then or should I buy now (4.5) and upgrade to 4.6 (for free?) at the end of the month?

Best,

Mendy
New website is www.skyfallmeteorites.com

BCS Engineering:
Global Product Options
Advanced Product Ratings and Reviews
Shipping Insurance
Authorize.net DPM Module

Cart On Steroids:
Abandoned Carts Reminder

RPX:
Janrain Engage

The XCart Store:
Xbanners

WebsiteCM:
CDSEOpro with patches
Remember Anonymous Cart

xcartmods.co.uk:
Customer Testimonials
Smart Comments
Social Bookmarking (with extra mods)
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendyo
1) If I use CDSEO and XCMS together, will the blog pages be treated like static pages.

xCMS integrates with CDSEO to provide all the custom features provided by CDSEO including page titles, urls, and meta tags.

Quote:
2) Does the XCMS use the same MySQL database as X-Cart or is it an entirely different one?

It uses the same database.

Quote:
3) Will the search utility work for blog pages as well as product pages as well as static pages?

xCMS does not integrate with the product search or static pages of default X-Cart. I will be adding a search feature to xCMS within about 6 months time.

Quote:
4) I bought CDSEO in the past for my website www.trezora.com and was able to configure my URL to look like www.trezora.com/category/subcat1/subcat2/product. Do I now need Category SEO Map to do this?

This can be created by simply typing the url you want for the product in including category/subcategory format, or you can request a CDSEO module I can send you that will create products in this format.

Quote:
5) I would like for my static and blog pages to also follow the same structure as described in 4 for products. Is that possible with the latest versions of these modules?

X-Cart has static pages by default. The blog pages are not the same as static pages. xCMS provides /blog-category/blog-subcategory/blog-title.html URL format as a default option.

Quote:
6) Is the advanced breadcrumb mod necessary or has X-cart improved that in 4.6?

X-Cart has not modified the way they do breadcrumbs.

Quote:
Finally, I realize that CDSEO for 4.6 will not be ready until the end of the month, but will you still be running your combo deals then or should I buy now (4.5) and upgrade to 4.6 (for free?) at the end of the month?

You can do either, the discount will be available always for people who purchase CDSEO and then want to purchase xCMS.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:32 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza
Thanks!

I'm guessing the consensus is to use them? Maybe short 'link titles' to not look spammy?

Thanks for help with all my questions. My site has suffered tremendously in Google ever since I switched from a Frontpage site to x-cart about 2 years ago - I'm trying to look at everything!

Link titles are a form of hyper optimization. They are used to describe the link and have SEO benefit, but it is very minor in the grand scheme of SEO. Typically using the product name or category name here is sufficient. The idea with these is that the text should describe the page being accessed by clicking on the link.

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
costanza (07-20-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM

Advanced Member

wcm is the best x-cart third party company for seo, for hot and must have modules
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 PM

Advanced Member

I suggest wcm to for modification and for seo modules to everybody .
they will help you to rank faster and they will help you with any question you may have for x-cart .
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Hi Sandip,

I've been working really hard trying to manage existing load and put out fires before taking on new work, and things have just dragged on. I'm really sorry for leaving you hanging. You've always been great and I'm sorry to have done that to you. I would love to work on your project and help you out and hate to disappoint you by saying no but I have to in order to avoid disappointing you by saying yes and possibly under-delivering. I have however spoken to someone who is willing to work with you on the upgrade on my behalf with my oversight if needed. I will contact you in the support ticket with details and to arrange a phone call if you'd like.

Jon Peters

Thanks Jon, I've just sent you a message through Support ticket.

Sandip

x-cart version 5.4.X, hosted on X-Cart server/
Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 AM

hi, jon, my register.php has no ssl lockpad, if look up the page source, there are two http:, are they the reason caused lost of the lockpad:

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/png" href="http://www.iphonecasestudio.com/favicon.ico" />

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.iphonecasestudio.com/" />

thanks
albert
Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Veteran

It is the favicon call. The other one doesn't matter. Most likely you have absolute url coded for the favicon call, change it to relative and it will work
Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
It is the favicon call. The other one doesn't matter. Most likely you have absolute url coded for the favicon call, change it to relative and it will work

hi, steve, do you know how to change it, i just upload my favicon to replace the xcart one, it seems there is no specific page to identify it's path, very appreciate for your help.

albert
Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 AM

Veteran

Try home.tpl or meta.tpl. You can use the webmaster mode to find the exact template if not one of these
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4