Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5 beta testing

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

The admin/customer login - I am not sure if anyone requested this or not to be implemented, to me it just doesn't seem right to mix admin/customer like this

The log files - sorry I deleted everything already and re-installed from the last one you sent me, so now tried to recreate this and it didn't even get the first rebuild finish - error 30

Re-building cache [step 4 of 5], please wait...
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin...

ERROR: "30" (code N/A)

There is no column with name 'id' on table 'xcn_language_label_translations'.

php_errors.log.2013-09-09.php
Quote:
[09-Sep-2013 19:49:24] Error (code: 30): There is no column with name 'id' on table 'xcn_language_label_translations'.
Server API: apache2handler;
Request method: GET;
URI: /xcart-devs/xcart5/admin.php?target=addons_list_installed;
Backtrace:
#0 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Schema/Table.php(216): Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException::columnDoesNo tExist('id', 'xcn_language_la...')
#1 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Schema/Table.php(159): Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\Table->_createIndex(Array, 'ci', false, false)
#2 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/SchemaTool.php(22: Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\Table->addIndex(Array, 'ci')
#3 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/SchemaTool.php(690): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\SchemaTool->getSchemaFromMetadata(Array)
#4 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/Database.php(675): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\SchemaTool->getUpdateSchemaSql(Array)
#5 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/var/run/classes/XLite/Core/Database.php(610): XLite\Core\Database->getDBSchema('update')
#6 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Plugin/Doctrine/Plugin/UpdateSchema/Main.php(45): XLite\Core\Database->updateDBSchema()
#7 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Utils/PluginManager.php(71): Includes\Decorator\Plugin\Doctrine\Plugin\UpdateSc hema\Main->executeHookHandler()
#8 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(579): Includes\Decorator\Utils\PluginManager::invokeHook ('step_fourth')
#9 [internal function]: Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::executeStep Handler4()
#10 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Utils/Operator.php(174): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#11 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(465): Includes\Utils\Operator::executeWithCustomMaxExecT ime('600', Array)
#12 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(483): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStep(4)
#13 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/Includes/Decorator/Utils/CacheManager.php(673): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::runStepCond itionally(4)
#14 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/top.inc.PHP53.php(111): Includes\Decorator\Utils\CacheManager::rebuildCach e()
#15 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/top.inc.php(45): require_once('/var/www/xcart-...')
#16 /var/www/xcart-devs/xcart5/admin.php(32): require_once('/var/www/xcart-...')
#17 {main}

decorator.log.2013-09-09.php
Quote:
Re-building cache [step 1 of 5], please wait... : Cleaning up the cache... : 1.24sec, 454kB (236kB)
Building classes tree... : 4.16sec, 3.2MB (2.8MB)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_Cache" plugin... : 0.01sec, 3.3MB (26kB)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_DocBlock_FakeEntities" plugin... : 0.33sec, 5.2MB (1.9MB)
Re-building cache [step 2 of 5], please wait... : Run the "ModuleControllers" plugin... : 0.11sec, 3.2MB (3.0MB)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_ModelGenerator" plugin... : 2.97sec, 9.8MB (6.6MB)
Decorate classes... : 0.28sec, 10.1MB (279kB)
Writing class files to the cache... : 0.92sec, 10.1MB (-17,664b)
Run the "StaticRoutines" plugin... : 0.04sec, 10.1MB (200b)
Re-building cache [step 3 of 5], please wait... : Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_Multilangs" plugin... : 2.26sec, 10.6MB (10.3MB)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_DocBlock_MappedSuperClasses" plugin... : 0.06sec, 10.6MB (-1,624b)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_DocBlock_ReplaceTopEntity" plugin... : 0.13sec, 10.6MB (23kB)
Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_Money" plugin... : 0.01sec, 10.6MB (41kB)
Re-building cache [step 4 of 5], please wait... : Run the "Doctrine_Plugin_UpdateSchema" plugin... :
Old 09-09-2013, 02:49 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer

Is it the true SSL certificate, or do you use a self-signed certificate?

Currently X-Payments integrates into the checkout form, and we are going to keep it as is (unless there are technical reasons to move it to a separate page).

If the integrated payment method supports Capture transactions, the order page will look like this:

It would be cool if they create a similar module for X-Cart 5

Thank you all!

This is a true ssl certificate

I do not have x-payments available for a credit card option, in the modules market place it states: The module is available for older core versions only

Do not know where to install the x-payments connector?
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM

X-Adept

php_errors.log.2013-09-07.php
<?php die(1); ?>
[07-Sep-2013 16:51:46] Error (code: -7777):
Server API: cgi-fcgi;
URI: /xcartbeta501/;
Backtrace:
#0 /home/xcartbeta501/Includes/ErrorHandler.php(334): Includes\ErrorHandler::throwException('', -7777)
#1 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite/Controller/Customer/ACustomer.php(230): Includes\ErrorHandler::fireError('', -7777)
#2 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite/Controller/Customer/ACustomer.php(200): XLite\Controller\Customer\ACustomer->closeStorefront()
#3 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite.php(410): XLite\Controller\Customer\ACustomer->handleRequest()
#4 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite.php(435): XLite->runController()
#5 /home/duramax/public_html/xcartbeta501/cart.php(32): XLite->processRequest()
#6 {main}

[07-Sep-2013 16:52:12] Error (code: -7777):
Server API: cgi-fcgi;
URI: /xcartbeta501/;
Backtrace:
#0 /home/xcartbeta501/Includes/ErrorHandler.php(334): Includes\ErrorHandler::throwException('', -7777)
#1 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite/Controller/Customer/ACustomer.php(230): Includes\ErrorHandler::fireError('', -7777)
#2 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite/Controller/Customer/ACustomer.php(200): XLite\Controller\Customer\ACustomer->closeStorefront()
#3 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite.php(410): XLite\Controller\Customer\ACustomer->handleRequest()
#4 /home/xcartbeta501/var/run/classes/XLite.php(435): XLite->runController()
#5 /home/xcartbeta501/cart.php(32): XLite->processRequest()
#6 {main}
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Guys!

First of all I would like to announce that the second X-Cart 5 Beta version (5.0.2) is available for downloading now: http://j.mp/xc5beta2

This includes a number of fixes/improvements including the following problems mentioned by you in these forums:
- checkout button being orange when the customer can't click it due to the incomplete checkout form

- force customers to choose options before a product can be added to cart (you can find the option to enable this feature at "Store setup" -> "Cart and Checkout")

- the default X-Cart brand favicon is not displayed in the storefront now

- wrong number of trailing zeros in the shipping rates section

- confusing message for modules which cannot be installed due to lack of the release compatible with the current X-Cart version

- "Cache on delivery" misprint in the UPS module

- strange option with an empty label on the top of the "Store Setup" -> "Cart and Checkout" page

- checking the HTTPS settings didn't work

- the in-stock number was shown for 'Coming soon' products

- fatal error on creating a membership level

Other problems you reported aren't fixed yet. We are working on them and will do our best to include fixes into the next beta version that is planned to be released on the next Tuesday (Sep 17).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
Here is a screen shot of the xcart501 on ssl address but still asking me to purchase a ssl certificate.

Try the new beta version. It includes a fix on the HTTPS Settings page, so I believe the issue should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
The log files - sorry I deleted everything already and re-installed from the last one you sent me, so now tried to recreate this and it didn't even get the first rebuild finish - error 30

Thanks for the logs. The developers will check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
The "everything on one page" checkout is not what the big boys are doing anymore... especially with tablets and super-sized mobile (non smartphones) an important part of the customer mix, the "Japanese style" one very long page is not always the best choice for 2013+ and many stores have gone back to the future with multi-step chekouts -- I'm not going to say FLC, because I know that Max hates FLC. I will use the phrase, "multi-step" because that is a very good way to help the customer checkout. I urge X-Cart to toss all the code from OPC ajax and design something better. Don't write a line of code until you have an interface design that works. You don't even have to design anything -- just steal concepts from the IR1000.

We've got your points and understand that you don't like how the "multi-step" checkout goes in X-Cart 5. You raised several good points which we will implement while improving the checkout process. However, this is not something that can be done in a single step as you suggest.

Quote:
I do not have x-payments available for a credit card option, in the modules market place it states: The module is available for older core versions only

Do not know where to install the x-payments connector?

Right now the X-Payments Connector is being adapted for the upcoming X-Payments version. The module is developed by the X-Payments team, but it seems that they will get the module ready by the XC5 release.

The following 2 users thank xplorer for this useful post:
Duramax 6.6L (09-10-2013), xim (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 PM

X-Adept

The ssl problem seams to be fixed, detected the ssl on my server.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 PM

X-Adept

Just ran into this problem:

1: Log into admin.
2: Open store front, you are logged in as a user automatically.
3: Add an item to the bag and click checkout.
4: Add a user name different than yours and address, click continue.
5: The user that you just created takes over the admin account.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD

The following 2 users thank Duramax 6.6L for this useful post:
cflsystems (09-11-2013), xplorer (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 AM

X-Cart team

Hi!

The checkout process is a major thing. So, I've created a dedicated thread for discussing checkout improvements and sharing your thoughts on what the ideal checkout flow could be: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67722

Quote:
The ssl problem seams to be fixed, detected the ssl on my server.

Good. Thanks for cofirming this!

Quote:
Just ran into this problem:

1: Log into admin.
2: Open store front, you are logged in as a user automatically.
3: Add an item to the bag and click checkout.
4: Add a user name different than yours and address, click continue.
5: The user that you just created takes over the admin account.

Er, I don't get the last step. What do you mean by taking over the admin account?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Veteran

That is why I said before what you did with the admin logged in to customer side with same account is not good thing. Most likely sessions are crossed there. Separate this completely. There is no reason at all an admin to be logged in to customer side of the store.

The following 2 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (09-11-2013), xplorer (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 09:03 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
There is no reason at all an admin to be logged in to customer side of the store.

...and if an admin needs to login on the customer side for testing, simply use a different browser.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
xplorer (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Hi!

The checkout process is a major thing. So, I've created a dedicated thread for discussing checkout improvements and sharing your thoughts on what the ideal checkout flow could be: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67722

Good. Thanks for cofirming this!

Er, I don't get the last step. What do you mean by taking over the admin account?

The admin information did not auto fill the name and address fields and a new name was entered with the address, and the original information for the admin account was replaced by the info from the order.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD

The following user thanks Duramax 6.6L for this useful post:
xplorer (09-13-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements