Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-cart Speed Booster!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
4. I believe we're still looking into this, however only 10% of users approximately only 10% of the users are Mac users. So you are still increasing a lot with PC even if Macs may not be faster. We haven't tested ourselves so I'd be interested in other's results. It simply could be a limitation of the browser you're using as well in how it loads images, etc.
I'm not sure what the OS would have to do with this. Is mobile (iOS) affected as well? Just curious what the technical issues are.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
I'm not sure what the OS would have to do with this. Is mobile (iOS) affected as well? Just curious what the technical issues are.

I don't think we've found any reason or others that say the OS matters. It could simply be how the browser loads things, which makes the difference not as noticeable is my best reasoning so far. We don't have any Mac's to test with though and don't see much difference in the browsers for Windows or Linux. Anyone is welcome to let us know what they see on the demo sites.

We have quite a few that have this and have had minimal issues considering how complex and how much customizations are out there. We welcome any feedback though as we want to make it even greater than it already is. We're currently working on a new feature for AJAX hole-punching to reduce the impact on holepunching (which is minimal to begin with).

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
We're currently working on a new feature for AJAX hole-punching to reduce the impact on holepunching (which is minimal to begin with).
I like the sound of that.

The following user thanks cherie for this useful post:
BCSE (04-19-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM

X-Guru

New features added!

We now have AJAX hole-punching! This is making sites super fast! See this in action on our site, our menu cart is AJAX hole-punched: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/?MMCF_xfBooster

We also have Membership Pricing caching! So you can optionally cache pages for memberships now!

Thanks for the great ideas! We're excited to bring you these new features. Drop us an email or use your download link to get the latest copy. We plan to send an announcement out to those that have purchased as well.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM

X-Adept

Hi Carrie,
I have been waiting for the membership option to activate Speedbooster on my site. Let me know when I can get the updated files... thanks.
running on UNIX

www.keystonecandle.com X-Cart Gold Plus - Version 4.7.11 php7.2
mods:
reCaptcha
cdseo pro
running on UNIX
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone
Hi Carrie,
I have been waiting for the membership option to activate Speedbooster on my site. Let me know when I can get the updated files... thanks.

Hi Pete,

We have you on the list to update. Gary left for the day and he usually does that. Just drop us an email with your order # and we'll get you a new download link. You can also use the old download link if you still have it. I'll look for your email before I leave.

Thanks!

Carrie

Old 04-24-2013, 05:26 AM

eXpert

Carrie,

Just uploaded all the files for Version 1.1.0 this morning. When I check the box to use the new AJAX holepunch feature for the minicart, the minicart is no longer holepunched. When I uncheck the box for the AJAX feature and recache, holepunching works. Is there any additional code I need to add to my templates to make the AJAX holepunching work that I am missing?

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- Abandoned Cart Reminder
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcompany
Carrie,

Just uploaded all the files for Version 1.1.0 this morning. When I check the box to use the new AJAX holepunch feature for the minicart, the minicart is no longer holepunched. When I uncheck the box for the AJAX feature and recache, holepunching works. Is there any additional code I need to add to my templates to make the AJAX holepunching work that I am missing?

Hi,

Did you regenerate the cache after turning the AJAX holepunching on?

For the Ajax hole-punching, it doesn't state 'holepunched' in the black box yet. We'll be adding that soon. So don't let that confuse you.

Let us know though if you have any more questions!

Carrie

Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 AM

eXpert

Yes ma'am, I did regenerate the cache. And I do see that the box doesn't show "hole-punched". However, with the AJAX feature enabled, it still doesn't hole punch. I verified the Minicart.php file located within the Holepunch folder has the added "ajax coding" as well.

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- Abandoned Cart Reminder
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcompany
Yes ma'am, I did regenerate the cache. And I do see that the box doesn't show "hole-punched". However, with the AJAX feature enabled, it still doesn't hole punch. I verified the Minicart.php file located within the Holepunch folder has the added "ajax coding" as well.

Hi Michael,

If you don't mind to drop us an email on this one I think we can figure it out faster. When I updated our site with the new code it worked right away so I'm not sure what may be going on here. The programmer that wrote it can look into it if you drop us an email.

Thanks,

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4