Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Advanced Member

Upgrading from 410 to 411 is also hanging at skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts/editor.js .... Version 410 and up is the worst that X-Cart ever made. They need to pull it back to the lowest BETA and begin all over again.

I am reverting to 4018.

Qauliteam:
You are losing your quality
www.shoppersdome.com
Old 05-27-2006, 06:42 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokonkwo
Upgrading from 410 to 411 is also hanging at skin1/modules/HTML_Editor/scripts/editor.js .... Version 410 and up is the worst that X-Cart ever made. They need to pull it back to the lowest BETA and begin all over again.

I am reverting to 4018.

Qauliteam:
You are losing your quality

I had this same problem. I went ahed and downloaded whole 4.1.1 distributive. and manually uploaded editor.js (whole html_editor part as it was hanging on next one too). finally after that it went on further and completed upgrade. try same, if it still holds on, just edit "file" and delete that part from upgrade list. just manually patch it.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Advanced Member

I have done that; replacing from the file from full 411 it still took all day and never went any further. I have also worked on the upgrade for from 12 noon of Friday non-stop untill 8 AM of Saturady consuming endless coffee.

I will stay on 4018 until X-Cart wake up and smell coffee. They are beginning to slack behind too much. I think it is better for them to revert version 410 and 411 back to RC2.

Reengineering software the improper way is an invitation to numerous vulnerabilities that can extend into your database server regardless of the platform it is running on.

Thanks.
Randolph
www.shoppersdome.com
Old 05-27-2006, 08:58 PM

X-Wizard

I've upgraded a couple from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 without these problems.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:13 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie

I didn't see any problems after patching editor.jsp, other 2 html files. And 4.1.1 seems to run fine, so far haven't seen any bugs, except froogle export is still not showing product image (I am using only thumbnails so ...).
Old 05-28-2006, 05:37 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:

My upgrade from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 went perfect.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 05-28-2006, 06:23 AM

eXpert

Quote:

Cherie, on the two stores that you have set up, do you have USPS shipping enabled? If so, would you mind testing it by adding a few items equaling at least 2 -3 lbs, then go thru checkout, chose USPS Priority, and see if the rate changes or if it stays at the $4.05 USPS minimum that it starts out at. I'm having this issue with mine at least and wanted to see if anyone else saw this. I can add 20 lbs to the cart and it stays the same regardless.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:49 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr
Quote:

Cherie, on the two stores that you have set up, do you have USPS shipping enabled? If so, would you mind testing it by adding a few items equaling at least 2 -3 lbs, then go thru checkout, chose USPS Priority, and see if the rate changes or if it stays at the $4.05 USPS minimum that it starts out at. I'm having this issue with mine at least and wanted to see if anyone else saw this. I can add 20 lbs to the cart and it stays the same regardless.
I'm not seeing this problem. The USPS Priority changes when I change the quantity of the items in the cart. Make sure the product has a weight defined and that you've properly defined the USPS Account Details. Use the Test Realtime Shipping Rates Calculation to see what it is returning.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:56 PM

Advanced Member

Which one of you is using X-Cart Pro with all add-ons? This question is for the following members:

cherie
raxitpatel
photo
timbrrr

Everybody seems not to have a problem with X-cart upgrade from 410 to 411. Yes I was able to upgrade to 410 but 411 had a serious issue and also 410 had a more serious issues, and both have upgrade and security issues. I will not mention what is the security issues with 411 because this forum is not for discredit, it is to help members and this is what I will do now.

Some people have to modify a module to make it work on both 410 and 411. This means it is not working the way it is built. A clever user or developer, and the person that reasons well should have known that variance is a pointer to a loop whole when a software is the target.

X-Cart is not a lime recipe, neither is it a culinary system. When you have a problem with a module of a software and you have the codes, check the codes first most especially when it is an open source software.

Congratulations guys, but I will not put 411 on production line until the next 2 or three releases of X-Cart Pro.

Good Luck.
Randolph
www.shoppersdome.com
Old 05-28-2006, 08:52 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Which one of you is using X-Cart Pro with all add-ons? This question is for the following members:

cherie
Not using Pro. About 4 add-ons for each cart.

Quote:
Some people have to modify a module to make it work on both 410 and 411. This means it is not working the way it is built. A clever user or developer, and the person that reasons well should have known that variance is a pointer to a loop whole when a software is the target.

X-Cart is not a lime recipe, neither is it a culinary system. When you have a problem with a module of a software and you have the codes, check the codes first most especially when it is an open source software.

Congratulations guys, but I will not put 411 on production line until the next 2 or three releases of X-Cart Pro.
I'm not seeing anything useful here and I don't understand half of it. Is there a point? Otherwise, trolling isn't cool.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements