Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
since this mod is work like extra field function, and most store have thousands items, it's not good to ask your customer to add it manually one by one.

this mod is expensive and it should have import function like extra field, this is no way for me to pay additional. i really don't recommend to buy this mod, should consider other power filter mod.

Thank you for your opinion. As I said we have it in plans but if you need it asap, you may consider paying for this.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:51 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
I understand that SEO is a new alchemy and it's really hard to guarantee good results but there are some practices documented over the internet which are muct have for those who care about search rankings. One of those practices is preventing dupliacte content. The only method I heard so far is using canonical URLs (http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=139394). Still it's used when both pages are needed for sutomers but only one must be shown to Google.

Please could you ask your SEO consultant to bring some light to using "/nofollow/" in the end of URLs?

Also, X-Cart already have pages for separate producs, category's products and manufacturer's products. Why are you sure Google won't treat these new filter pages as duplicates?

We use the /nofollow/ because we dont want google indexing lots of urls for prices and selections which would cause duplicate content. We then use the robots file to tell Google to not index urls with /norobots/ in.

We have found that having a brand page along side category pages that have filters of brand can affect the rate at which you climb google rankings. You can have issues with Google not knowing which page to rank for instance collectables.co.uk/kipling/ (Brand page) or collectables.co.uk/Fashion-Accessories/brand-kipling/ (Category page). We know the difference but google doesnt if you have SEO'd both pages. Google can switch its weighting between pages and back again constantly which we have experienced causing slower growth. We are looking at removing brand pages from our site soon to improve SEO rankings.

The reason we are doing all this is to make the site look like it has lots of categories and sub categories all with relevant content and products but without actually having the hassle of managing all those categories. Plus it works great for the customer journey.
Dedicated SSL

Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 AM

X-Man

Vladimir, you should make a top prior to make this module work with X-MultiCurrency module. It is annoying to switch the currency of the Front-End, then seeing all new prices, but price selector in Refine Filter module remains on the default currency. This is a serious bug.

I agree that we need a way to import - export these filters.

More issues and bugs hope this week (only a few time available for testing).
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 AM

X-Man

@philrisk: how did you make the script showing those color swatches? I agree that icons will make this module more good looking.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

X-Man

Is this thread dead or something?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM

X-Adept

how can we have a try, please?
www.loupesusa.com X-Cart Version: 4.7.11 GOLD PLUS
Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Vladimir, you should make a top prior to make this module work with X-MultiCurrency module. It is annoying to switch the currency of the Front-End, then seeing all new prices, but price selector in Refine Filter module remains on the default currency. This is a serious bug.

I agree that we need a way to import - export these filters.

More issues and bugs hope this week (only a few time available for testing).

We've made Refine Filters compatible with X-MultiCurrency. Updated module packages may be downloaded from File Area.

As for import, it's one of the next feature to implemen. Along with New Arrivals special filter. I'll keep you all informed.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (03-15-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinobest
how can we have a try, please?

Do you mean Refine Filters module? If so, you may either look at it at our X-Cart online demo (it's important to go to it from the module page: http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/refine-filters.html) or buy it. In case it does not fit your needs, you have 30 days to refund it according to our moneyback policy.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:21 AM

X-Man

Thank you for this implementation.

You have to continue to make RefineFilters compatible with the other QT modules, for example Ratings, Reviews (based on number of reviews), HotProducts (mark as New).

Hope getting time this weekend to test the new version. More information will follow in a Word file.

Base on the help file you improved (nice work!) please let me know if this version has "Disable checkboxes for unavailable attributes in dynamic filtering" feature available. The last version I have didn't have it.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
You have to continue to make RefineFilters compatible with the other QT modules, for example Ratings, Reviews (based on number of reviews), HotProducts (mark as New).

On ratings filter, it requires changes in X-AadvancedCustomerReviews module. Techanical diffculty here is that an average rating of a product is not stored in a separate field in a database but is calculated on-the-fly each time. And since there is no value for a product, there is nothing to compare. We thought to add it to Refin Filters module but decided to leave it for X-ACR to not duplicate functionality of ratings calculation. Anyways, we are planning to add it soon.

New Arrival filter will also be implemented soon.

Quote:
Base on the help file you improved (nice work!) please let me know if this version has "Disable checkboxes for unavailable attributes in dynamic filtering" feature available. The last version I have didn't have it.

It's implemented some time ago and existed in previous module versions. Please update your module.

The following user thanks vladimir.gritsenko for this useful post:
ADDISON (03-15-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements