Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pre-Login Shipping Calculator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 08-25-2004, 10:25 AM

X-Guru

btw, try this and it should fix the issue for 3.5.8+: open up top.inc.php

find:

Code:
if (!in_array($__key, array("HTTP_GET_VARS","HTTP_POST_VARS","HTTP_SERVER_VARS","HTTP_ENV_VARS","HTTP_COOKIE_VARS","HTTP_POST_FILES","__key","__val")))
to:
Code:
if (!in_array($__key, array("HTTP_GET_VARS","HTTP_POST_VARS","HTTP_SERVER_VARS","HTTP_ENV_VARS","HTTP_COOKIE_VARS","HTTP_POST_FILES","__key","__val","_GET","_POST","_SERVER")))

I just noticed this mod uses _GET globals which was capped in 3.5.8+ for security reasons. Although it breaks quite a few mods. hth.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:15 PM

Thanks very much for the input. This did something, but it did not seem to do the trick. Before the change, we would input a zip code and the screen would refresh, but the shipping would not calculate. Instead, the "Enter your Zip code" input box would remain. Also, after we enter a zip code, the shipping drop down box disappears, and the follow shows up "To calculate shipping costs, please proceed to step one of checkout. anonymous."

Now, after Boomer's suggested change, X-cart seems to get the zip-code entry (because it gives the "To change your zip code click here" option), but it does not calculate shipping. Also, once you have entered a zip code, the "To change your zip code" option is dead--it does not actually work.

Our troubleshooting shows:
X-Cart IS getting the zip code (it is changing zipcode_estimate)
X-Cart IS setting "default country" to "Y"

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Old 08-28-2004, 06:54 AM

Advanced Member

Will this work with v4.0.3 ?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:21 AM

Advanced Member

Default pre-login shipping calculator

I would really appreciate it if someone could post a pre-login shipping calculator mod for version 4.0.3. I would also like to request that their would be a country drop down menu in addition to the zip/postal code box so that international customers could also figure their shipping costs. Thank you for the assistance.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:17 AM

i dunno if anyone else is having this problem, but for some reason when I use this to calculate shipping, it adds NY state sales tax, no matter what zip I put in. the spot that says "Tax" still says n/a, but tax is figured into the order total. i dont want take to be figured out at all unless they are logged in.

i am using 3.5.6, any information would be helpful, thanks.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:23 PM

I feel this is a very important mod and would like to thank the contributors.

Can anyone confirm that this work with x-cart 4.0.3 and FedEx?

(I assume I am using Net::SSLeay since the Admin Summary states that one as active.)
Apache 1.3.37 (Unix) / PHP 4.4.4 / MySQL 4.1.21 / Site5.com
Old 09-22-2004, 02:52 AM

Advanced Member

Default pre-login shipping calculator

I would really appreciate knowing if someone is having success developing a pre-login shipping calculator for version 4.0.4. I want it to work internationally which would require 2 fields: zip code and country. Zip code could not be limited to 5 digits or only numbers or it would not work for Canada. Please let me know what the possibilities are of getting this. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:46 AM

X-Guru

Zipcode would really only work with a live shipper like UPS or Fedex. I'm testing this mod on a 3.5.11 setup and using just a zipcode with zone shipping charges won't do anything because x-cart has to know the country and state in order to apply you to the proper zone.

I agree the zipcode mask should be greater than 5 for other country zip codes. But I think allowing the user to choose their country/state should give them the most accurate shipping quote.

I'll let you know what I find.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:36 AM

X-Guru

I just installed this on a 4.0.4 version today. Here's the code I used:

In cart.php After:
Code:
x_session_register("cart"); x_session_register("intershipper_rates"); x_session_register("intershipper_recalc"); x_session_unregister("secure_oid"); x_session_register("extended_userinfo"); x_session_register("anonymous_checkout"); x_session_register("payment_cc_fields"); x_session_register("current_carrier");

Insert:
Code:
x_session_register("zipcode_estimate"); if($zip_estimate == "clear") { $zipcode_estimate = ""; func_header_location("cart.php"); } if(!empty($zip_estimate)) { $zipcode_estimate = $zip_estimate; $count = substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"0") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"1") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"2") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"3") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"4") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"5") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"6") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"7") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"8") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"9"); if($count != 5){ //checking for 5 digits $zipcode_estimate = "";} if($mode=="checkout") func_header_location("cart.php?mode=checkout"); else func_header_location("cart.php"); } if($zipcode_estimate != "") { $config["General"]["apply_default_country"] = "Y"; $config["General"]["default_zipcode"] = $zipcode_estimate; $smarty->assign("estimate","NO"); }

Then in skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl Before:
Code:
{if $not_logged_message eq "1"}{$lng.txt_order_total_msg}{/if}

Add:
Code:
{* BCSE Begin *} {if $login} {else} {if $estimate ne "NO"} Enter your zip code to calculate shipping charges. <input type=TEXT name='zip_estimate' size=5 maxlength=5> {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title="Calculate Shipping" href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} {else} Click here to change your zip code {/if} {/if} {* BCSE End *}

Hope this helps! Thanks for the original code rackit!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:21 PM

Advanced Member

Default Thank you

Thank you for the post for 4.0.4 It works great! Any chance of modifying the code a little so that we could get a country field in there and so that international customers could use it. The zip code field would also have to be expanded to accept more that just 5 characters and would need to accept letters as well as numbers since some countries zip codes, like Canada for example, use alfa/numeric codes. I would really appreciate such a modification.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions