Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-21-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Product Search

Please make sure the searches are NOT case sensitive - in 4.0.x, if my customer types in "aquarius", NONE of my 30 Aquarius products show search results!

"- improved product search functionality: a new search option affecting product search by multiple words is added (Users can now specify whether the results returned by a search should match 'All words', 'Any word' or the 'Exact phrase' of the search pattern);"
Old 01-21-2006, 02:38 PM

Default X-Cart 4.1.0 release?

Is there a target date for general release? I know that you don't want to promise a date that's not realistic, but we are currently revamping our website and need the variants with photos & wholesale prices before we can go live.

If you could give us at least an estimate, then we can fit it into our development timeline. Without that knowlege, our entire project is on hold.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 04:23 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.0 release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder_fool
Is there a target date for general release? I know that you don't want to promise a date that's not realistic, but we are currently revamping our website and need the variants with photos & wholesale prices before we can go live.

If you could give us at least an estimate, then we can fit it into our development timeline. Without that knowlege, our entire project is on hold.

Thanks!
Even when it is released you might not want to base your business on it right away as there are usually a few dot releases to get some final bugs out.

You are probably looking at 6+ months.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:35 PM

Advanced Member

I would like to see a cancel button for the import feature. You have an option to continue when importing new products, but none if you just want to cancel the import.
Better search engine
Better search engine.
Thumbnail update (just like detailed images)
A basic WYSIWYG feature for product description.
On the checkout page, there should be a checkbox for I have read and agreed to terms and conditions... that must be checked before the customer can place an order.
For some reasons, the admin login is not working for me. I have reinstalled x-cart, checked my permissions, nothing worked. I have it installed on a local server running Suse 10.0, Apache 2.0, MySQL 4.1, PHP 5. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:20 AM

Default Some Suggestions

I hope X-Cart Team will include some new features such as:
  1. Adding multiple products to cart at the same time i.e. put a select box in front of each product in the store front so the customer can select many products and then click on "add all selected to cart"
  2. Managing ad banners on the store front i.e. put an option for the admin to manage banners which should be on the store front main page, specific categories, all categories, registration page, help page or checkout page. by this management the admin can put any banners on the top of page to deliver a specific message or out side advertising or advertisement for some of manufacturers.
  3. Color coding for the order status either for the customer or the admin to reduce the time and mistakes to find specific orders.
  4. Supporting right-to-left languages e.g Arabic , and this thing will not be easy as changing the direction of page from LTR to RTL because we should change images and arrows. so, i think this issue can be solved by adding an option beside active languages to lit the admin choose a separate skin for each active language. when the customer select to change from English to Arabic the style will changed according to the language he/she select.
  5. Separate language files for the customer and admin. and this will make the translation easier and almost the store owner need to translate the storefront not the admin because the admin area contains many technical words an abbreviation which cannot be translated some times. this thing will give a good control option for admin and will motivate your customers to translate the x-cart storefront. i've tried to translate x-cart but i can not because i found +3000 line which should take a month to be translated.

Thats all, and i would like to see what do think .
PHP version 4.4.1
MySQL version 4.1.13
Old 01-24-2006, 08:44 AM

Advanced Member

When I set a "Payment method discount" (Check > Extra charge: > -3.00%) in "Payment methods" than the "Payment details" in Example-1 are not correctly.

Example-1

Delivery method: FedEx 2nd Day
Subtotal: Б┌╛79.00 (бё54.34)
Discount: Б┌╛1.00 (бё0.69)
Discounted subtotal: Б┌╛78.00 (бё53.65)
Shipping: Б┌╛5.25 (бё3.61)
Payment method discount: Б┌╛2.50 (бё1.72)
Total: Б┌╛80.75 (бё55.54)

Better is Example-2

Delivery method: FedEx 2nd Day
Subtotal: Б┌╛79.00 (бё54.34)
Discount: Б┌╛1.00 (бё0.69)
Discounted subtotal-1: Б┌╛78.00 (бё53.65)
Payment method discount: Б┌╛2.34 (бёx.xx)
Discounted subtotal-2: Б┌╛75.66 (бёxx.xx)
Shipping: Б┌╛5.25 (бё3.61)
Total: Б┌╛80.91 (бёxx.xx)

Why? The "Payment method discount" and/or "Payment method surcharge" is not for affect the "Delivery method".
Old 01-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Advanced Member

Default error while installing 4.1.beta 2

I am receiving the following error while installing the beta version of X-cart. I receive this error after I select my store design/color.

Anyone have any ideals what/why and how to correct.

Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/robinsco/public_html/Xcart/include/check_useraccount.php on line 69

thanks Bob
MySQL server 4.1.22-Standard
Perl 5.008
Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder_fool
Please make sure the searches are NOT case sensitive - in 4.0.x, if my customer types in "aquarius", NONE of my 30 Aquarius products show search results!

"- improved product search functionality: a new search option affecting product search by multiple words is added (Users can now specify whether the results returned by a search should match 'All words', 'Any word' or the 'Exact phrase' of the search pattern);"

As many feel the search definitelty needs to be fixed (notice i say fixed, implying that it might as well be broken) becasuse of how bad it is.

The search should search and put the most relevant results first.

The search should definitely do the following:
1)
It should match parts of a phrase

So if a user types in "red hat"

or "red hat"

it will return results that have either "red" or "hat" +
"red" and "hat"

and lets say hat was not found than it should still return word that have "red"

It should also do partial word matching, so if a user misspelled what they are looking for they will still get what they want. So if it matches a certain amount or characters it will be returned.

Of course all this partial stuff needs to be considered when the results are returned by relevance.

So my suggestion if for x-cart to scrap there search function throw it in a fire and burn it and make a new one!!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:24 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvet1
The search should definitely do the following:
1)
It should match parts of a phrase

So if a user types in "red hat"

or "red hat"

it will return results that have either "red" or "hat" +
"red" and "hat"

Isn't putting quotes around a search standard practice to find all not partial matches?

I.E.
"red hat" - will find all that contain BOTH red and hat

red hat - will find all that contain red, hat and of course red and hat.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:01 PM

eXpert

I just meant that if they searched for

red hat

without quotes

I put the quotes for clarity to distinguish it.