Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Sorry guys, I've been out of the office dealing with some personal issues. I will be hiring and training new support staff in December but am currently running things alone.

Evaluation of this has been difficult as many people are running 1.8.7 without issue. The only difference between 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 is that when a user upgrades from one CDSEO version to another, 1.8.7+ will automatically clear the CDSEO cache to ensure all settings are updated.

I'm almost certain the issue is a conflict with a third-party module and am hoping nobody wrote a module that would disable CDSEO under some circumstances. CDSEO itself should not be able to disable itself as there is no function to do so except on license violation and it is only licensed on the admin side of things.

As a fix for now, you can ensure that CDSEO is always enabled as follows:

Open auth.php in your store root (same folder as cart.php)

FIND:

Code:
// WCM - CDSEO Pro Links include_once $xcart_dir."/modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_config.php"; // / WCM - CDSEO Pro Links

BEFORE ADD:

Code:
// WCM - Ensure CDSEO is enabled db_query("UPDATE wcm_cdseo_config SET config = '1' WHERE cdseoType = 'status'"); // / WCM - Ensure CDSEO is enabled

I will keep this thread updated. Please let me know if you are able to provide any insight.

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
JacksmithxD (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Jon, if you need to take a look at my site pop me a PM, I don't mind as you might be able to see more information, I do feel as though it's related to the rich snippet module. I've also noticed that CDSEO isn't showing on my module list anymore. (which is odd, although I can still access it)

Thanks for replying though, glad to see you back!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksmithxD
Jon, if you need to take a look at my site pop me a PM, I don't mind as you might be able to see more information, I do feel as though it's related to the rich snippet module. I've also noticed that CDSEO isn't showing on my module list anymore. (which is odd, although I can still access it)

Thanks for replying though, glad to see you back!

I don't have the rich snippet module yet so don't think its down to that.

I have been stable for a while now and it hasn't disabled itself for some time now which is a good sign but not sure if Jon has been in tinkering with it.

It's always a good thing when you have to hire more staff Jon, good luck finding a good php developer that knows x-cart.
Ability Theme
CDSEO
xCMS
Abandoned Cart
Food Packaging Scotland
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM

eXpert

OK it happened again.
Ability Theme
CDSEO
xCMS
Abandoned Cart
Food Packaging Scotland
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM

X-Guru

Ah... finally, I got bit. CDSEO Pro v1.8.6 (Jon said that I do not need to upgrade to .7) mysteriously disabled on its own.

The only thing I did today differently:

1. I enabled the modules, "Remember Anonymous Carts" and "Remember Me" -- which I had disabled last week for troubleshooting another issue (related to x-payments). With that issue resolved, I enabled both WCM modules this afternoon;

2. I enabled fCommerce Go (facebook) module.

Now what's interesting is that until xcart enables the "silver mode" of fCommerce Go (full cart in Facebook) the "basic mode" is simply a list of products. And the URL for the outbound links are:

http://www.domain.com/product.php?productid=52
etc...

Naturally, if CDSEO is enabled, clicking on the link loads http://www.domain.com/productname.html

But should I be concerned that there are "ugly" links out there? On Facebook of all places?

Is this a discussion for CDSEO, or should I take this to the fCommerce Go thread? I think CDSEO -- since our goal is to have SEO friendly URLs everywhere. If a blogger or (I would hope) the Wall Street Journal uses a link from my Facebook page, the butt ugly dynamic URL in the real world would stick. Ugh.

Jon, is it possible to SEND CDSEO URLs on the outbound to the fCommerce Go module? I DO NOT want to ask fCommerce Go to hide or otherwise rel="nofollow" -- that would be B-A-D -- on a site such as Facebook, I WANT my links - the REAL links (that is CDSEO links) out there and well liked. Are we heading into uncharted territory?

SO -- who has Remember Me and Remember Anon Carts among us? fCommerce Go ?

Looking for common data points?
My store is 4.5.4 gold plus
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM

X-Guru

Code:
// WCM - Ensure CDSEO is enabled db_query("UPDATE wcm_cdseo_config SET config = '1' WHERE cdseoType = 'status'"); // / WCM - Ensure CDSEO is enabled

Jon,
What exactly does this code do to server resources?
How frequently is this cycling?
Thx
J
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 AM

eXpert

I have added this code in to auth.php so I guess we will see how it goes. Fingers crossed it doesn't go off during the weekend again when I'm not in the office.

Code:
Ability Theme
CDSEO
xCMS
Abandoned Cart
Food Packaging Scotland
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM

Hi Jon,

When can we expect CDSEO with multi language support?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Code:

Jon,
What exactly does this code do to server resources?
How frequently is this cycling?
Thx
J

It adds one database update per page load but it is a low resource query and should not make a noticeable difference of any sort.

I believe I have located the issue and am testing. Please contact me if you would like the fix now. I will provide a more comprehensive update once I am sure it is fixed.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM

X-Guru

You will now all have CDSEO v1.8.8 in your license download area. To load the upgrade, simply download the new .zip file and upload the new files in place of the current files.

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (12-10-2012)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4