Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

amazon-style tabbed menu for 4.0.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-06-2005, 06:57 PM

Does anyone have the tab images that were in the first post? I do not see them anymore.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:22 AM

Advanced Member

Default tabs

ooops, sorry - have moved server. I'll repost them soon

steve
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 09-07-2005, 04:03 AM

Advanced Member

Steve, Hi

Do you have an idea of what to modify to make the tabs wrap after say 7 tabs?

Thanks

Allan

X-Cart Gold 4.0.12 & 17
Old 09-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Advanced Member

Default amazon tabs mod update

Hi all

OK I've updated the links to the tab images.

Re: having two lines of tabs, I think it would look pretty odd, but if you really really want to do it then have a look at what I've done to split the subcategories into multiple rows if there are too many:

Code:
{assign var=subcat_count value=1} {section name=sub_num loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[sub_num].parentid eq $current_category_top} {if $allcategories[sub_num].categoryid eq $cat || $allcategories[sub_num].categoryid eq $current_category.parentid} <TD class="submenuitemon" align="center" nowrap>{$allcategories[sub_num].category|truncate:20:"...":true}{if $subcat_count eq 7 || $subcat_count eq 14 || $subcat_count eq 21}</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><TD class="submenuitem">{elseif not %sub_num.last%}<FONT class="submenuitem">|</FONT>{/if}</TD> {assign var=subcat_count value=$subcat_count+1} {else} <TD class="submenuitem" align="center" nowrap>{$allcategories[sub_num].category|truncate:20:"...":true}{if $subcat_count eq 7 || $subcat_count eq 14 || $subcat_count eq 21}</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><TD class="submenuitem">{elseif not %sub_num.last%}|{/if}</TD> {assign var=subcat_count value=$subcat_count+1} {/if} {/if} {/section}

The key section to look at within that is:

Code:
{if $subcat_count eq 7 || $subcat_count eq 14 || $subcat_count eq 21}</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><TD class="submenuitem">

So it whenever the section is processing items 7, 14 and 21 it closes off the existing table and creates a new one. It's a table so that each row is individually centred.

You can then adapt this code to be used with the main tabs.

However I would suggest reducing the number of top level categories that display on tabs instead, but that's only my 2 cents.

steve[/b]
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 AM

steveparks,

Thank you so much for the tab images. One more favor, your website listed in the first post that show the preview is no longer up. Is it possible you can show me these tabs on a functioning website or at least a screenshot? I just want to see how they look and perform before I install them.

Thank you again!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:40 AM

Advanced Member

Default example site

Hi

They are live on http://www.redshop.biz

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LIVE STORE!!!! please do not place test orders, etc etc.

thanks
steve
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 09-18-2005, 10:26 AM

Is there a way to display sub-sub categories with this mod?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 AM

Advanced Member

Default sub-sub categories

I've only had a few minutes, so this may not work first time - you might have to tweak the code a bit - but this should display the immediate subcategories of the current category/subcategory.

Code:
{if $printable ne ''} {include file="customer/tab_menu_printable.tpl"} {else} <TABLE width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <TR><TD align="center"> <TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <TR> {if $cat eq 0} <TD align="center" class="tabmenuitemon" nowrap><span>home</span> </TD> {else} <TD align="center" class="tabmenuitem" nowrap><span>home</span> </TD> {/if} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} {if $categories[cat_num].order_by lt 10} {if $cat eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid || $current_category.parentid eq $categories[cat_num].categoryid} <TD align="center" class="tabmenuitemon" nowrap><span>{$categories[cat_num].category}</span> </TD> {else} <TD align="center" class="tabmenuitem" nowrap><span>{$categories[cat_num].category}</span> </TD> {/if} {/if} {/section} </TR> </TABLE> </TD></TR> <TR><TD class="submenu" align="center" valign="top"> <TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> {assign var=current_category_top value=$current_category.categoryid_path|regex_replace:"/\/.*/":""} <TR> <TD class="submenuitem"></TD> {if $cat gt 0} {assign var=subcat_count value=1} {section name=sub_num loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[sub_num].categoryid eq $cat || $allcategories[sub_num].categoryid eq $current_category.parentid} <TD class="submenuitemon" align="center" nowrap>{$allcategories[sub_num].category|truncate:20:"...":true}{if $subcat_count eq 7 || $subcat_count eq 14 || $subcat_count eq 21}</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><TD class="submenuitem">{elseif not %sub_num.last%}<FONT class="submenuitem">|</FONT>{/if}</TD> {assign var=subcat_count value=$subcat_count+1} {/if} {/section} {else} <TD class="submenumsg" align="center" valign="middle">{$lng.lbl_welcome_msg}</TD> {/if} <TD class="submenuitem"></TD> </TR> </TABLE> </TD></TR> </TABLE> {/if}
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 09-26-2005, 08:41 AM

how can I have it like this...

Instead of having subcategories listed under the tab, can I have it listed on the left side menu?

So, on the left side menu (where it usually list all categories) only shows the current categories name then all subcategories under it.

And when you are on the current subcategory the link will be highlighted or shows different css.

I remember seeing this somwhere from this froum, but I can't seem to find it no more.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:26 PM

X-Wizard

This is one of the best free mods I've ever encountered here - thanks for sharing it.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions