Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5 beta testing

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
re: X-payments integration┘ AlteredCart has already solve this with X-Payments Connector For Checkout One - it works exactly as represented. It's a mandatory module if you are going to use C1 and X-Payments.

re: auth-only
some (many?) merchant accounts can make this the default behavior.
I use Elavon - and the Elavon account manager flipped a switch and ALL transactions "auth only" at time of transaction. We MUST go to the Elavon dashboard and "ship" each transaction. Elavon calls this "PEND" (pending) and "UNPEND"

Granted, there is no direct interface to "upend" a transaction in xcart, But there could be┘

I like the added level of admin involvement in the capture of every transaction. This allows us to verify AVS and a valid CVV code.

We "unpend" right before we ship. This prevents charging a customer if we're out of stock or we otherwise have to just cancel the order, or adjust the price down.

This should be a standard feature on any merchant account for stores that ship physical product.

I already use Bills modules and I like the fact that I can authorize the transaction and then from the order page when I am ready to ship, collect the payment. I do not have to log into the merchant account to process, all is done from xcart.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Veteran

Login to admin and open the store front in the same browser window - i am logged in to store front with the admin account. This has ben a problem in earlier releases and reported back then, not fixed. Admin and customer sides MUST be completely separated.

The "move fields" in admin address fields does not work on tablets. Same for payment methods - impossible to change order on tables, I assume same on phones or any device without mouse. I understand how cool it is to move things around like that but can we get the old text box with pos field in there as well....

Localization settings - 4 possible formats, ths one is missing - $1999.99 - no spaces - not only between the numbers but there should be no space between $ and number - on all of them

Backup/restore - does it backup/restore the whole database as it should or is it just the stock tables? It must backup/restore the database orherwise is somewhat useless

Modules - egoods module requires file attachements module to be active as well; activating a module requires to save changes which triggers rebuild process so in this case - activate file attachements, save, rebuild, activate egoods, save, rebuild.... And the rebuild take a good amount f time... It is not possible to mark multiple modules if they depend on each other. Would be very helpful to be able to activate the main module and this auto activates the module it depends on.... It saves a lot f time since both will be activated with one rebuild....

And it seems the rebuild process still rebuilds everything from scratch not only what has changed... Not possible?

And now after the second rebuild it just thre me out of admin to login screen. Trying to login does not work - just refreshes the screen, no error, no warning, no login....
Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 AM

X-Adept

Is there a way to change language variables for the store, I have been looking and an not seem to find them? Not crazy about te cart being called a bag.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 AM

X-Adept

The secure protocol for your website is disabled.
To make the online store use the secure protocol you need an SSL certificate purchased for the "xxx.xxxxxxx.com" domain and installed on your server.

Purchase SSL certificate

I already have a secure certificate for the site.

I click the purchase SSL Certificate and instead of opening a new window, I am taken to xcart page to purchase a SSL. This action should open a new window.

Also there is a ssl on the domain that I am using and for some reason, the store is not detection it.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
you need an SSL certificate purchased for the "xxx.xxxxxxx.com" domain

xxx.domain.com to me looks like you are using a subdomain, yes?
subdomains need their own SSL

domain.com/
domain.com/xcart-5
domain.com/xcart-plutonium

can all share a single SSL

xcart5.domain.com

needs its own SSL

is this your situation?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15 AM

X-Guru

PS -- you can get a "wildcard" SSL to permit subdomains, but they are not inexpensive. If there are only one or two subdomains, it's usually cheaper to just get the SSL as needed.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:46 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
xxx.domain.com to me looks like you are using a subdomain, yes?
subdomains need their own SSL

domain.com/
domain.com/xcart-5
domain.com/xcart-plutonium

can all share a single SSL

xcart5.domain.com

needs its own SSL

is this your situation?

No this is not the situation, this would be the address: www.domain.com/dev/xcart501
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM

X-Adept

Here is a screen shot of the xcart501 on ssl address but still asking me to purchase a ssl certificate.
Attached Images
File Type: png ssl.png (79.7 KB, 20 views)
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-09-2013, 06:09 AM

X-Cart team

Hi!

Thank you for the feedback! I'll check the suggestions with our developers and reply you tomorrow.

As for the SSL problems:
Duramax 6.6L and kevfromwiganinlancashire, do you test it on a real SSL certificate, or is it a self-signed one? Please could you send me your logs located in the [XC]/var/log/ directory (plus your PHP and Apache error logs)? You can send me the download link by PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Is there a way to change language variables for the store, I have been looking and an not seem to find them? Not crazy about te cart being called a bag.

Yes, you can change the wordings: "Store setup" -> "Localization" -> "Custom translations" tab.

Quote:
Here is a screen shot of the xcart501 on ssl address but still asking me to purchase a ssl certificate.

Is it the true SSL certificate, or do you use a self-signed certificate?

Quote:
I would like to see the use of x-payments or a similar way to process credit cards for a true one page checkout.

Currently X-Payments integrates into the checkout form, and we are going to keep it as is (unless there are technical reasons to move it to a separate page).

Quote:
I also would like to some how get the option to authorize the credit card and them from the order details page perform the capture when the order is ready to ship.

If the integrated payment method supports Capture transactions, the order page will look like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I'd like to see a checkout that goes top to bottom. AlteredCart's OPC is currently the best in the market.

It would be cool if they create a similar module for X-Cart 5.

Quote:
The customer should NEVER be misled... the "continue" button is an invitation for disaster. DO NOT TRY to put it all on one page if you require the customer to click "next" or "continue" or "proceed" or any other speed bump. If you analyze the customer experience of the top 1000 ecommerce sites you will see many sites using a mutli-page checkout -- those are very clear what the next step is -- or you will see a true one page checkout -- WITHOUT a "continue" button hidden in there...

We agree that getting rid of the buttons is the way to go. This is in our roadmap for future versions. Thanks!

I believe that the next several versions we will improve the checkout process step by step, so please let us know what else can be improved there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Login to admin and open the store front in the same browser window - i am logged in to store front with the admin account. This has ben a problem in earlier releases and reported back then, not fixed. Admin and customer sides MUST be completely separated.

Please could you explain what the problem is? Allowing the store administrator to sign into the storefront and place a test order without opening a different browser was one of feature requests for X-Cart 4. What are the drawbacks?

Quote:
The "move fields" in admin address fields does not work on tablets. Same for payment methods - impossible to change order on tables, I assume same on phones or any device without mouse. I understand how cool it is to move things around like that but can we get the old text box with pos field in there as well....

We will check what can be done. Perhaps, there is a way to move fields even on tablets.

Quote:
Localization settings - 4 possible formats, ths one is missing - $1999.99 - no spaces - not only between the numbers but there should be no space between $ and number - on all of them

We will add this one. Thanks!

Quote:
Backup/restore - does it backup/restore the whole database as it should or is it just the stock tables? It must backup/restore the database orherwise is somewhat useless

I believe it backups the whole database, but will check with developers to make sure that it is so.

Quote:
Modules - egoods module requires file attachements module to be active as well; activating a module requires to save changes which triggers rebuild process so in this case - activate file attachements, save, rebuild, activate egoods, save, rebuild.... And the rebuild take a good amount f time... It is not possible to mark multiple modules if they depend on each other. Would be very helpful to be able to activate the main module and this auto activates the module it depends on.... It saves a lot f time since both will be activated with one rebuild....

Good point. Will add it to our wish list. Thanks!

Quote:
And it seems the rebuild process still rebuilds everything from scratch not only what has changed... Not possible?

We had discussions on this and we have some ideas on how to rebuild only the classes which have been changed since the last cache. However, this is a lot of work, so I think we should focus on other features which have a higher priority right now.

Quote:
And now after the second rebuild it just thre me out of admin to login screen. Trying to login does not work - just refreshes the screen, no error, no warning, no login....

Please could you send me your log files located in the [XC5]/var/log/ directory plus PHP and Apache error logs?

Thank you all!

The following 2 users thank xplorer for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-10-2013), Duramax 6.6L (09-09-2013)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements