Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Hello,
We have a fairly large site that we are upgrading to 4.4.5 and we currently use DSEFU. Is it fairly painless to convert over to CDSEO without losing current page rankings? We have about 10,000 products. What is involved in migrating from DSEFU to CDSEO?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Upgrading from DSEFU is fairly painless and if installed properly, all of the SEO ranking will be transferred over and improved by CDSEO.

The steps are to:

1) Uninstall DSEFU.
2) Install CDSEO.
3) Ensure product.php, home.php, pages.php and manufacturers.php are not blocked in your .htaccess (this is so the pages will redirect).
4) Implement the original DSEFU .htaccess code after "RewriteEngine On" in the CDSEO code.

DSEFU then tries to access the default urls which CDSEO 301 redirects automatically, so all your previous links are redirected in an SEO friendly manner.

We also offer CDSEO + DSEFU removal installation if you want to ensure it's done correctly.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 AM

Jon,
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. So, on a newly upgraded site, does it make sense then to NOT install DSEFU to begin with (other than copying the code in the .htaccess file as you have described) and just install CDSEO from the start?

The one thing that that confuses me by your reply is that you say to uninstall DSEFU in step 1 then say this "DSEFU then tries to access the default urls which CDSEO 301 redirects automatically." Do you really mean that Apache tries to access the default URLs via the code that was copied from the DSEFU .htaccess file since DSEFU has been technically uninstalled? I'm not trying to nitpick, I just want to be clear about how to go about this and make sure I understand.

Then how do I verify that the installation has been done correctly? I'd like to tackle myself then have some way for me or you guys confirm it was done correctly.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:42 AM

X-Guru

You're welcome. You are correct that it makes sense not to install DSEFU to begin with other than copying the code in the .htacccess.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. You are correct, that I meanted that apache will parse the DSEFU rules.

After installation you can confirm the redirects are working by using this in google: site:example.com

This will show you all your links and you can click to make sure they are redirecting. You can also use http://www.web-sniffer.net to ensure the redirects show the proper urls and headers through the process.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Advanced Member

Jon,

I need to see the changes is there instructions somewhere for 4.5.2 as i am redoing my template files, also had a help desk ticket as well so not sure which will get answered quicker
Social Bookmarks
Cart Abandonment
catagory map
mobile mod
product map
XCMS
Auth.net DPM
Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 PM

X-Adept

Hi Jon,

Can you point me to the steps on setting up disabled URLS in the CDSEOpro admin screen?

Nothing I try 'KEEPS' the disabled URL setting I enter after a short period of time (current logon - or running auto-populate?)

If I setup a disabled URL
a) for either an already DISABLED URL (eg, qty 0 on the current SKU and 'disabled' selected on X-cart admin screen,

or

b) on a SKU with low quantities to have it setup in CDSEOPro once I run out of stock and disable the URL in X-cart,

Then from the Admin CDSEO Pro Panel->Modules->Autopopulate-> Delete and re-populate all CDSEO fields (WARNING: Not reversible!)->select Product Meta Priority "Long Description"

the setting disappears.

I also entered question http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64434 on this topic.

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggyr
Hi Jon,
I also entered question http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64434 on this topic.

I've updated that thread.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Hi Jon,
what is your plans regarding CDSEO for X-Cart Next?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 AM

X-Guru

We are keeping a close eye on things and will port CDSEO when Next stabilizes and has a solid user base.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978
Jon,

I need to see the changes is there instructions somewhere for 4.5.2 as i am redoing my template files, also had a help desk ticket as well so not sure which will get answered quicker

Instructions for 4.5 are the same as 4.4:
http://www.x-cart-seo.com/cdseo-pro-for-x-cart/installation44x.php
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4