Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 rc4 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-04-2006, 06:27 AM

X-Adept

svowl,

Would you be so kind and respond to my post below? Please let us know whether this change will be made in the next release or not. I truly hope that it will happened.

Thank you
-Tuan

[quote="TL408"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
Quote:
USER PROFILE OPTIONS
can you confirm if both billing and shipping first and last name are stored in their own row in the database and not joined.

can you confirm if both billing and shipping address1 & address 2are stored in their own row in the database and not joined.

could we not join the Personal information & Contact Information into one section
I've been asking for the change for the past 2-3 RC releases. Just don't see any particular reason why the registration form should have two different sections, "Personal Information" and then "Contact Information" right below it.

Addtionally, we don't have any option to easily move the "Phone" and "Email" fields in from "Contact Information" section into the "Personal Information". And when contacted X-cart about doing this, they wanted to charge support points because it is a custom mod.

PLEASE make the necessary change. Or at least give us the option of making that change within the Admin Pannel. I hope to see this change in the next release. THANK YOU for listening.

-Tuan
Old 04-04-2006, 06:27 AM

eXpert

I'm sure I read something about this but unforenetly I can't find it now, but will version 4.1 have the option of beening able to specifiy wholesale pricing if a product has variants.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 PM

X-Adept

Anyone has a successful product import, but have it hand on "counting products in catagories"? I do like the import, but shouldn't have to use the back button afterwards.

- Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 08:35 AM

eXpert

Default RC4 issues

I'm not able to import any products using RC4 - It starts, reports that it is checking the import file then hangs... If I refresh the page, then it tells me it is on pass 1, and hangs indefinitely. I've tried adding a few products, exporting them, then trying to reimport them and get the same result. Either I have something configured wrong, or a possible bug.
Also, when I go to add a product, there is an error at the top of the page that states: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/XRC4/modules/Product_Options/product_variants.php on line 356
I can still add a product, but I'm sure that error is going to come back and bite me somehow.
Any ideas?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Default login field length

I am not sure where to post this - so i'm posting it here in case it can actually be fixed promptly.

I was flabbergasted to realize today that the login field in X-Cart is limited to 32 characters. This is devastating. Many stores (in fact much of the internet) promotes the use of email addresses as logins.
The Intershop store that I am currently converting to X-Cart has 500 account logins longer than 32 characters.

The length of this field is way below current internet standards and with current database technology, makes no sense. There is no conceivable reason why this field shouldn't be much longer.

In my case, i am left with two really painful alternatives:
1. alter 8 tables in my xcart-pro database. this would virtually guarantee problems with every product update ever applied to this store in the future

2. alter the login code so it ignores login characters longer than 32 and allows login (with the logins truncated in the db). The downside here is that every subsequent customer interaction will show the truncated username (which would be very confusing to legacy customers).
Old 04-07-2006, 02:54 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: login field length

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwsg
...I was flabbergasted to realize today that the login field in X-Cart is limited to 32 characters...

Slightly off topic, but I came across this issue as well - to cut a long story short, our payment gateway (HSBC e-payments) had a username limit of 32 chars - so there maybe issues with some payment gateways using longer usernames by default on callback.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:42 AM

eXpert

Found 2 bugs ...

a) When you enter a product and you know its going to have variants, you might leave the price as 0.00 and then set the variants and then the variant prices ... But because the product price is 0.00, you get a Enter price on the product page and therefore the price does not update when you choose the product options.

b) On wholesale pricings on a variant, on the product page, the first quantity ordered range doesn't display right, its shows 6-0 Items (and not 6-11 Items in my case)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 AM

Advanced Member

Default Install 4.1 RC4 on Windows

For those who are more comfortable on the windows platform and want to try out X-cart 4.1 RC4, I can confirm that it works almost straight out of the box with the XAMPP for Windows package.

XAMPP 1.5.1 is a combined package of Apache HTTPD 2.2.0, MySQL 5.0.18, PHP 5.1.1 + 4.4.1 pl1, mod_ssl 2.0.55, Openssl 0.9.8a, and eAccelerator 0.9.4, (plus many other modules) which is freely available for download. The only gotcha for some maybe is that you will be using Apache rather than IIS as the webserver, but it is only a light learning curve if you haven't used it before. The steps I followed on a clean Windows 2003 server SP1 were as follows. This should also work on Windows 2000 Pro, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows XP Pro

1. Download XAMPP Windows 1.5.1 Installer from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html.
2. If you've already installed IIS, then click start/run/services.msc <enter> and scroll down to the World Wide Web Publishing service. Set it to manual, then stop the service. (So that Apache can install).
3. Execute xampp-win32-1.5.1-installer.exe and accept the defaults. Let it install the Apache and MySQL services. You don't need any other services like Filezilla or Mercury.
4. Download and install MySQLAdmin from www.mysql.com.
5. Start up MySQLAdmin from the Start Menu, and login initially as user:root with a blank password.
6. Go to User Administration and change the root password to something else. Exit MySQLAdmin and log back in again as root with the new password.
7. Go to Catalogues and create a new schema called xcart.
8. Still in MySQLAdmin, go to User Administration and create a new user called xcart, choose a pasword and assign it all the available privileges on the xcart database schema. Exit MySQLAdmin.
9. Download x-cart-4[1].1.0_rc_4gold.tgz from the Xcart Helpdesk and unzip it to C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs so that the xcart directory ends up in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xcart .
10. Open up the page http://localhost/xcart/install.php.
11. Click the New Installation radio button, then Next.
12. Click Next, then put in the MySQL database name (xcart) plus the db password assigned in step 8.
13. Click Next, then choose the country specific options appropriate for you.
14. Click Next, then choose a layout, and click Next.
15. Click Next, then Next again, then next and write down your auth code in case you want to reinstall or change the skin.
16. Your new cart is now ready at http://localhost/xcart. You can even login to https://localhost/admin but the built-in certificate isn't officially signed so your browser will pop up a warning which can be ignored.
17. Finally, if you want to turn on all the Zend memory management features then edit C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini and uncomment the next 4 lines after [Zend]. Use the XAMPP control panel to stop and start the Apache service after you do this. You can view the page http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php in your browser to see all the modules built in.

*Note* I found that turning on the eAccelerator module doesn't work with PHP 5.1.1, so don't uncomment those lines in php.ini if you want your cart to work. However, I did find that by switching to PHP 4.4.1 that it works just fine. To switch do this:

1. Execute the file C:\Program Files\xampp\php-switch.bat.
2. Edit C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini and uncomment the next 5 lines after [eAccelerator].
3. Restart the apache service.
4. Now browse a few pages on the demo xcart shop. Then look at the page http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php in the eAccelerator section to see the scripts that have been cached.

That's it! There are plenty of other posts on other specifics of securing Xcart further but this should get you going relatively quickly.

* Warning * Don't use this on a production machine - lab testing only.

cheers, Rod
PHP 5.1.1 / MySQL 5.0.18
Old 04-08-2006, 06:58 AM

X-Guru

Or, use this
http://www.uniformserver.com
Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Australia Post

In the items stated to be in xCart 4.1.0 beta was Australia post Shipping, I have downloaded the latest Version 4.1.0 RC3 and cannot find any mention of Australia Post Shipping is there something I must set to see it?
Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements