Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.5.6 upcoming changes (UPDATE: the next version will be 4.6.0, but not 4.5.6)

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-03-2013, 11:20 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.6 upcoming changes (UPDATE: the next version will be 4.6.0, but not 4.5.6)

I agree with your comments Carpeperdiem.

I think I'll be waiting on PhilJ and alteredcarts etc. reponses to this. I have to say it does appear to bit out of blue just like the sudden dropping of X-Cart-Pro etc at the end of last year just as I was planning to use it! A bit of forewarning would help devs get prepared and then everyone stays on track.

Anyway, Phil J has already posted a bug in the main forum and comments seem to indicate that bugs from the old versions have "filtered through" to this one...so that is not so good . Suppose we'll just have to see how things develop in the next few days.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.6 upcoming changes (UPDATE: the next version will be 4.6.0, but not 4.5.6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopsound
I have to say it does appear to bit out of blue
In fairness to X-Cart: this release was discussed here, and seeded to just about anyone who requested a beta -- so I do not agree that this was unexpected.

But -- I don't know how excited the mod developers will be, or how compatible it will be with existing mods. Dropping this on the eve of a major trade show is good for x-cart (new customers), but the community will simply have to wait.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Veteran

Yes I think this release came out now so QT can have brand new version to advert on the IRCE.
Yes beta was emailed to whoever requested it, I got a copy. So it wasn't unexpected. But I think the time from beta to this release was short for such drastic changes.

I am not sure what feedback QT got from whoever had a chance to install and test the new release and if they fixed any beta bugs/issues...

Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to play with the new release as it caught me in the middle on vacation time.... so maybe QT is ready for the release but I am not
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM

X-Man

I agree, the time for testing the Release Candidate, was so short. I got the archive about 10 days ago. I only had time to revise my issues reported in Bugtracker over years, and see some visual errors. But not things really bad, inside the code.

Don't worry, having it public, more will have to test it. I personally do not recommend to switch a working XC version to this new one. Version 4.5 was in a good shape starting with version 4.5.4.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
loopsound (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:22 AM

Advanced Member

In response to your comments, I am not an X-Cart experienced developer, just an experienced end user who comes to the forums for answers etc . I merely stumbled upon the 4.6 release in the forums and didn't know about 4.6 until I was looking for a solution for something.

I think I am talking more from an end-user perspective rather than that of those who work more on the development front than I do. We are not often subscribed to posts/beta release threads as we only come to the forums for info.

Thanks to ADDISON for your comments re: changing to 4.6. I haven't had any major issues with 4.5.4/4.5.5 I think I'll sit on them for a bit and let the experts have a good look over it first.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:26 AM

X-Man

Let me give you more clues if you want being updated with X-Cart.

Go to http://help.x-cart.com and check the first page at the bottom for changes (those diff's). Almost every day, Qualiteam is updating help pages. This is the place I read for the first time about 4.6 a few weeks ago. Some extensions will come too in the next period, stay tuned.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
I agree, the time for testing the Release Candidate, was so short. I got the archive about 10 days ago.
When i suggested QT to release the new version as 4.6.0 beta first so we ca get ready I expected at least a month for the beta testing... 10 days is nothing. I think I received the email about 2 wees ago. No wonder the 4.6 thread is getting all these bug reports now.....
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 AM

X-Guru

I agree the beta release to actual release was way too short. I only had time to notify my staff. With our busy schedules, I don't think any of us installed it yet nor were able to test any of the 100+ mods we make with it.

I'm glad to have had the beta release but for someone like us with full client schedules, 10 days just isn't enough time.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:48 AM

X-Man

My only hope is having a good shape 4.6.2 till the end of the year.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 AM

Veteran

When with longer 4.6.0 beta we could have 4.6.0 release next month almost bug free....
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements