Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.3 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastu
it is not possible buy 2 units of he himself product with different options.

example:
http://www.x-cart.com/demo/
select 'javascript: Definitive Guide' 2 times.
now it not possible buy one with soft cover and other with hard cover.

Works for me on the demo store.
Works for me on my live store. 99% of my products have variants, so this function must work. It does.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I know it used to be that it took many versions before all of the bugs were worked out on previous versions of x-cart, but I'm looking at this one and it seems to me they go this one pretty close right now. So far, I really haven't found any problems with it - I may go live.

We launch next monday on this version and I havn't seen too many bugs in our testing phase... Most bugs I've seen are still revolving around the webmaster mode. For instance the customer details, customer notes, etc still display "<span bla bla bla>" inside the text areas. The buttons are still messed up for the products varrients page in the admin section, however our page is now so modified I cant tell anymore if we are using 4.1.2 tpl file or the new one.

Has anyone tested the import/export of a large product catalog w/ variants in 4.1.3? I know it didn't work very well in 4.1.1 as we had product codes for the main product show up in the variants table and vise versa.

Another weird thing in the product edit screen is that it does not show the parent product code (sku) in the search screen. Instead it appears to pull some random variants product code (sku) instead. Any idea's why that is?

The last problem I noticed was with the editing of multiple products at once... It seems that this section could use just a little visual clean up... When I first saw the screen I thought the program had just freaked out and added random checkboxes... A cleaner interface for that would be nice.

Again these are all minor (except for the import/export feature) and I feel pretty confident in going live.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:42 AM

X-Guru

i guess we are due for a new version pretty soon

v4.1.3 came out over a month ago

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-13-2006, 04:27 PM

OK we have tested for the last few days now, and it seems stable enough for us to go live with.
Especially with it being XHTML compliant whereas the old version was nowhere near.
We are going to spend a few more days yet templating to make sure we have got all the pages covered, and we're also gonna spend a few more days with the site in a sandbox, just testing different scenarios to make sure it all works well enough for us, but for the most part, it already does all we need.
The only problem we have had is importing the extra fields into the product listing on customer/main/products.tpl due to something to do with a array shortage error, although we are working that out through custom mods and help found here on the forums.
Overall, we are finding x-cart the PERFECT solution for our e-commerce scenario.
Many thanks to all the help, advice and recomendations of the x-cart users here for that.

Oh, and out of interest, out current test site we are developing is at www.bigbluesheep.com/xcart if anyone would like to offer any constructive criticism or comments
Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 AM

eXpert

So would you say this is now safe to use on a live site?

WebsiteCM.com - We recommend WebsiteCM
Old 10-19-2006, 04:25 PM

X-Adept

You can use it, so far I have been using it every since it's released without any errors, actually 4.1.2 was also stable enough to use.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:03 PM

Where is 4.1.4 version ? It is long time from the latest release
Old 10-21-2006, 06:25 AM

X-Wizard

a) I have seen some bugs in the creation of the HTML catalog in 4.1.3, after creating it:
1. When creating several languages in the same catalog directory, the last one created falls on top of the previous language.
2. Idem above -> the name used for HTML pages dont respect the language title, it uses the predefined language when creating the page name only, for all languages.
3. The Manufacturers images dont appear.
4. When manufacturers are paginated (more than one page), the extra pages dont appear.
5. The link [if you dont have Javascript] includes the stores key if you have the dynamic part closed when it is generated.

b) I would also like BESTSELLERS to appear in ALL pages of the site, some dont include them:
- manufacturers.php
- pages.php
- help.php
- news.php

c) If membership is regulated by admin, there is no way a customer knows if he/she is from a specific group. I would recommend adding it as a line in the authentication box, right under username is logged in.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 10-21-2006, 10:17 PM

Advanced Member

If I want to setup a new shop, should I use X-Cart 4.1.3 or 4.0.X? what is the biggest advantage of 4.1.X?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:40 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley2005
If I want to setup a new shop, should I use X-Cart 4.1.3 or 4.0.X? what is the biggest advantage of 4.1.X?

4.1.4 should be due pretty soon.

4.1 has many advantages over 4.0 some of which are:

- ability to use variants with wholesale
- variants can have custom images
- detailed images pop up in new window with nav
- should be less system intensive
- can be logged in as both admin and customer at same time

I am still evaluating before I do my conversion to the new branch though as my site is quite busy and I cannot have problems. Testing 4.1.3 now non live.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements