Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

One-Page Checkout - Warning user to click APPLY

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: One-Page Checkout - Warning user to click APPLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrisk
I have not gone live with this yet as we are doing a complete site rebuild but we have tested in Chrome, Firefox, IE8 & IE9 and all seems to be fine.

Find this file in /skin/common_files/modules/One_Page_Checkout/ajax.checkout.js and replace with either of the attached files. You will need to remove the version number and re-save as a js file.

Then create a css class:

Code:
.inactive {opacity: .3; filter: Alpha(Opacity=30);}

If that doesn't work I will paste in my whole file so you can look through the complete code.

Slight change to the 4.5.2 code which I have jusrt done as I noticed a class change.

line 1008 and 1009 change

Code:
this.customernotes = $('#opc_customer_notes', this.elm$); this.terms = $('#opc_terms', this.elm$);

to

Code:
this.customernotes = $('.checkout-customer-notes', this.elm$); this.terms = $('.terms_n_conditions', this.elm$);
Dedicated SSL

Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM

Advanced Member

works like a dream! EXCEPT, when the customer add their info it goes to the next section perfect. It makes it not transparent, but if you click on "change" for the address and account details it doesn't do anything.

so if the customer tries to go back to change the details it makes the row two and three transparent and inactive again, but it doesn't let the customer change the address portion.

any ideas??
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 AM

X-Adept

Hmm works fine in my 4.5.1 and 4.5.2. What version are you building it in?
Dedicated SSL

Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 AM

Advanced Member

I am using 4.4.2

I didn't even think about the numbers at the end of your .txt doc's being version numbers
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Seems like this page should HIDE columns 2 and 3 until the customer presses CONTINUE (or APPLY) and then the rest appear.

Is there a way to change the AJAX to hide everything but column 1 when you first get to the page?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 AM

eXpert

Hi all,

We first installed this workaround when we were running 4.4.2, and were using it with CFL's 'Add To Cart Popup'. Now we have upgraded to 4.5.4, and have re-applied the workaround, along with a few other changes. Our OPC is customised a little to give customers some direction.

We tested in Firefox and it all seemed to be working fine - when first at the OPC all of the 'non-profile' fields are greyed out and disabled, and if you click anywhere on them, the CFL popup appears explaining that you need to enter your address details and apply them. As soon as you apply them, the other fields are enabled and the grey overlay removed, and you can select shipping or payment methods as you see fit.

Likewise, if you then opt to change your address fields, everything else is greyed out and disbled as before, until you apply again. Perfect. Or so we thought.

Following some customer feedback I've just tried it in Safari, and it doesn't quite work as it should in one regard.

After you apply your address details, the popup still appears when you try to select an alternative shipping or payment method. They still change (your chosen radio button becomes highlighted), so the functions themselves are working. The greying out is also switched on and off correctly too. Even so, you still get the (in this instance, very annoying) message about applying address details.

In fact, this is exactly the problem described in post 7 of this thread - the popup appears even after the address details are applied.

As far as I can see, everything is where it should be, particularly the '$('#opc_shipping_payment').unbind('click');' lines. Also, it works perfectly in FF which suggests to me that things are in the right places.

I'm using '.unbind' rather than '.off' because jquery 1.4.2, although I did try jquery 1.10.something and .off with the same result. It is as if the 'unbind' just isn't working.

Can anyone advise? Is there any reason why it would work in FF but not in Safari (or Chrome)? Something specific about those browsers that I'm just not aware of?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Edit:
I should point out that after you apply address details, the popup only appears if you click on the radio buttons or the radio button headers - ie, if you actually change one of the options. Clicking anywhere else in those areas and it does not appear.

Before you apply or while you change address details, the popup will appear if you click anywhere in that area. The entire middle and right columns.

Many thanks

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions