Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.1.11 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart v4.1.11 released

We are using both, a site that was upgraded from 4.0.x to 4.1.10 and a new site using 4.1.11. No problems with 4.1.11 (but there are some limitations that I will address in a minute), but we did choose not to upgrade the 4.1.10 store to 4.1.11 because of some of the "security improvements" in the process.

Now the limitations. The 4.1.11 version, and the security patches for earlier versions create a scenario where only lowercase letters and numbers 0 through 9 may be used as usernames. This means that a customer can not use their email address, their name (usually capitalized), anything with hypens, dashes, dollar signs, etc, as part of their username. To compound this problem, there is no warning given to the customer other than the "Please make sure you properly filled in all the required fields!" type generic message.

More on this here http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=41583

That said, you should probably use 4.1.11 and do the following.
1. Make the modification suggested at http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=41583&page=4 ... Post #38.

Make a change in register.php to allow capital letters
Code:
if ((strcmp($uname_tmp, $uname) != 0) || (!preg_match("/^[a-z0-9_-]+$/s", $uname) && $uname != ""))

to
Code:
if ((strcmp($uname_tmp, $uname) != 0) || (!preg_match("/^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$/s", $uname) && $uname != ""))

2. Add a notation to skin1/main/register_account.tpl telling the customer to use letters and numbers only (we changed register.php to allow Caps).
In skin1/main/register_account.tpl, find
Code:
<td nowrap="nowrap"> {if $userinfo.login ne "" || ($login eq $userinfo.uname && $login ne '')} <b>{$userinfo.login|default:$userinfo.uname}</b> <input type="hidden" name="uname" value="{$userinfo.login|default:$userinfo.uname}" /> {else} <input type="text" id="uname" name="uname" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{if $userinfo.uname}{$userinfo.uname}{else}{$userinfo.login}{/if}" /> {if ($reg_error ne "" and $userinfo.uname eq "" and $userinfo.login eq "") or $reg_error eq "U"}<font class="Star">&lt;&lt;</font>{/if} {/if} </td>
It is after where it says {* NOT anonymous account *}

and change it to
Code:
<td nowrap="nowrap"> {if $userinfo.login ne "" || ($login eq $userinfo.uname && $login ne '')} <b>{$userinfo.login|default:$userinfo.uname}</b> <input type="hidden" name="uname" value="{$userinfo.login|default:$userinfo.uname}" /> {else} <input type="text" id="uname" name="uname" size="32" maxlength="32" value="{if $userinfo.uname}{$userinfo.uname}{else}{$userinfo.login}{/if}" /> {if ($reg_error ne "" and $userinfo.uname eq "" and $userinfo.login eq "") or $reg_error eq "U"}<font class="Star">&lt;&lt;</font>{/if} {/if} {$lng.txt_numbers_letters_only}</td>
Added {$lng.txt_numbers_letters_only} before the closing </td>

Then go to admin and in the languages section add the txt_numbers_letters_only variable. We used "(Letters and Numbers only)". This will place this text just to the right of where the customer enters their username when registering, and it seems to work fine.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 AM

Advanced Member

Question Re: X-Cart v4.1.11 released

I try to delete a product and I got this message on the top of my page.

INVALID SQL: 1054 : Unknown column 'xcart_categories.categoryid' in 'on clause'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT IF(xcart_categories_lng.category != '', xcart_categories_lng.category, xcart_categories.category) as category FROM xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories LEFT JOIN xcart_categories_lng ON xcart_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories_lng.categoryid AND xcart_categories_lng.code = 'US' WHERE xcart_products_categories.productid = '1' AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products_categories.main = 'Y'

Could you please hepl me out and let me know who to fix it. I just have a fresh install and 10 products.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelox7
I try to delete a product and I got this message on the top of my page.

INVALID SQL: 1054 : Unknown column 'xcart_categories.categoryid' in 'on clause'
SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT IF(xcart_categories_lng.category != '', xcart_categories_lng.category, xcart_categories.category) as category FROM xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories LEFT JOIN xcart_categories_lng ON xcart_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories_lng.categoryid AND xcart_categories_lng.code = 'US' WHERE xcart_products_categories.productid = '1' AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products_categories.main = 'Y'

Could you please hepl me out and let me know who to fix it. I just I a fresh install and 10 products.

Thanks!

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=42499&page=2

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: X-Cart v4.1.11 released

God bless you!

Thank you!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks Ene!

I got this error on my database: I delete a product before your patch. Could you please help me to fix this error?

Error: The table xcart_ge_products contains some records for which related data in the table xcart_products has not been found:
productid: 3

Thank you so much!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelox7
Thanks Ene!

I got this error on my database: I delete a product before your patch. Could you please help me to fix this error?

Error: The table xcart_ge_products contains some records for which related data in the table xcart_products has not been found:
productid: 3

Thank you so much!

Just delete all rows from the xcart_ge_products table.

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM

Advanced Member

Thank you!

I have a last question... When I in admin and I create a new product...
I have: Product details/Thumbnail and Product image.
When I upload a photo to Thumbnail after I save it I have a option to delete it (perfect) but when I upload a photo to Product image after I save it I don't have a option to delete it just a option to change image...

How can I have a option as Thumbnail to delete image?

Thank you so much for all your help!
Attached Images
File Type: png product_image.png (34.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
Now the limitations. The 4.1.11 version, and the security patches for earlier versions create a scenario where only lowercase letters and numbers 0 through 9 may be used as usernames. This means that a customer can not use their email address, their name (usually capitalized), anything with hypens, dashes, dollar signs, etc, as part of their username. To compound this problem, there is no warning given to the customer other than the "Please make sure you properly filled in all the required fields!" type generic message.

This will stop me from updating to 4.1.11

What would happen to customers that already had uppercase letters in usernames?

Uppercase AND lowercase AND symbols ARE A PART OF STRONG SECURITY!!!!!!
Why not just have all users log in as user and all admins log in as admin
Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 PM

eXpert

I imported all customers from my really old version and the there aren't many log in failures
I applied the JWait mod to allow capitals (thanks) All old customers can log in using their old details including capitals,spaces,underscore etc -why would x-cart make such a backward step??
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 AM

X-Man

Light Speed, Check the thread mentioned earlier
( http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=41583 ) as it has a fix for this.
Also check page 4 of the same thread.

Please note that you need to pay attention to the variables "eregi" and "!preg_match" depending on what version you have (it really should be in your signature). You can choose to allow uppercase letters and symbols if you want to but since it is part of a security update I chose uppercase letters only as the thing added. It has no effect on existing customers or passwords, just new user names only.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements