Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Looks like you have CDSEO and Clean Urls enabled or at least you still have the clean urls code in your .htaccess.

Ensure that Clean Urls is disabled in your xcart admin -> general settings -> SEO settings area.

Then ensure that CDSEO is enabled.

[/code]

Jon,

Thanks but still I am not able to get this resolved.
- The Clean URLs is disabled in xcart admin
- CDSEO is enabled.
- .htaccess has been cleaned up

From what I see (via SEO optimization software) I have a mixture of 200, 301, 302 and 403...whereas they should be either 200 and/or 301

Also, I did few 301 redirects some works and some don't (the ones don't work got 404 instead)...

Do you have any idea what may have caused this?

Thanks again for the help.

- X-CART Gold (Current Version) V4.6
- Reboot
- CDSEO
Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Can you provide specific examples of urls?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM

Dear Don,

Have purchased the seo package with installation for more than a week. But until now I still have no idea on when could the package be installed on my server. Please reply my ticket #IMT-164-68856. Your help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Henry @ gadgetinfinity.com
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 AM

X-Guru

Let me check on that for you now.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:07 PM

I've been trolling these threads for 2 weeks and have yet to find a definitive answer on the problem I'm having:

When I run Google Webmaster it shows 400+ instances of duplicate meta content, most of which is all in "index" pages - categories with multiple pages showing the same meta description for each page. I see a post from Jon from 2008 that says this is default functionality for CDSEO Pro. I have CDSEO Pro but I'm still showing 400 pages of duplicate content....how can I resolve these duplicate content issues?

ver. 4.7.7
ReBoot
CDSEO Pro
Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM

eXpert

I think that the latest version of CDSEO Pro deals with this issue and allows different meta descriptions for multiple index pages like categories.

http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/cdseo-pro-x-cart-seo-pro-upgrade.html

Steve
product_metatags41x
shipping_per_product41x

http://www.earthsmagic.com
Old 11-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Advanced Member

Are there any tricks to get CDSEO to work with X-cart on a local test server?

In order to get X-cart site to function on test server, I had to set the status to '0' in the local wcm_cdseo_config table. The X-cart site then generally works fine, but all links to static pages are returning 404.

Any workarounds for the static page issue with CDSEO status off?

If not, any way to get CDSEO to play nice on the test server?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 PM

X-Adept

Hi Jon,

I'm looking to redirect a domain name to a specific url that has been created by CDESO. Currently the redirect (via cPanel parked domains) just lands at the domain name when I would like it to go to the domainname/category.

Does this need to be written directly via the .htaccess file in order for this to work.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 06:02 AM

X-Adept

BBM_

Can you change the parked domain redirect to the category url? Make it a Permanent 301 if you are keeping it and notify the search engines. It is the easiest way, I think.
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM

eXpert

Hi Jon,

We have just installed CDSEO on a 4.4.4 cart still in Dev

I had an error with teh Survey section of our cart. The survey completed message doesn't pop up when a user completes the survey. The message does appear if you have the option ticked to display survey results. If you have display survey results un-ticked, we dont get the survey completed pop up.

I had a ticket logged with Xcart - who resolved.

I quote x-carts reply:

The investigation revealed that the issue is caused by the following custom code added to <xcart_dir>/home.php script on the server:
Code: php
include $xcart_dir."/modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_redirects.php"; This custom script performs extra redirects which broke default X-Cart functionality.

In order to resolve the problem you need to contact the authors of this modification.

To workaround the issue I have commented out the custom code replacing it with this code:
Code: php
//include $xcart_dir."/modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_redirects.php";
----------------------------------------------
The CDSEO still seems to work. But what is the implication of removing this line of code?

Cheers
Zane
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4